Serves meat, veg options available. Simple setup, self-serve style. Offers a lunch buffet that is all-vegan and includes dishes like curries, vegan mac n cheese, rice dishes, falafel. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, American, International, Buffet, Beer/Wine, Non-veg
4247 University Way NE (University District)
Seattle, Washington 98105

SummerMorgan
SummerMorgan

Great Lunxh Buffet!

Posted on 06 / 05 / 2013

yummy food and love the lunch buffet!

Pros: location , Service, Price
jujutsuka
jujutsuka

OMG go here, bring ALL your friends

Posted on 06 / 15 / 2012

The vegan lunch buffet is amazing. Nothing like delicious vegan nutritional-yeast "mac and cheeze" to give you a warm and fuzzy feeling on a long trip. Other amazingness includes: rice and indian things like chana masala or saag, crispy chic pea fritters, spiced and baked potato wedges, alfredo-like veg pasta... all to pile on your buffet plate and then go back for seconds ! Love this place.

Pros: so filling and delicious, nice to dine alone or with friends, self serve/casual
Cons: the place is a bit shabby
Lakitty
Lakitty

Casual buffet

Posted on 07 / 18 / 2011

I went to Flowers for lunch with 2 vegetarian friends a while back. We all had the buffet. The food was good. There was a great variety of dishes including dips, flatbread, rice, falafel and curried vegetables. The service was pretty good. The atmosphere was very casual. We did not feel rushed or unwelcome. I would eat there again.

Pros: You get your money's worth, It's delicious
Cons: Place could use a few repairs

thoor_ballylee
thoor_ballylee

Pretty good vegan buffet

Posted on 01 / 26 / 2011

I've only had their lunch buffet once, I had been waiting until I did a follow up visit but I don't think I'll be doing it any time soon, not because the food is bad, because it's not but I don't do the buffet thing very often. I enjoyed lunch here, the location is good in the U District. Middle eastern done pretty well, nothing special but it is a buffet after all and resonably priced especially for what you get. If you want a vegan middle eastern buffet in Seattle then this is the place to go. The decor is quirky and funky and I liked it a perfect place to hang out and do some homework or people watching in the summer time. Can be pretty healthy depending on what you eat and it is filling and tasty, I'm sure I'll be back sometime in the future.

Pros: location, price, good middle eastern food
Cons: a so so buffet
susanm
susanm

Home-cooked meal

Posted on 02 / 12 / 2009

I went to the lunch buffet yesterday. The food wasn't exceptional, but it was pretty good and had the charm of a good home-cooked meal. There was lots of variety which was great; influences such as Indian, Thai, Greek and Lebanese. For $7.99, it's a good deal.

Pros: Healthy, Good value, Friendly staff
JohnnySensible
JohnnySensible
  • herbivore

Lebanese vgn - just reading about it is a pleasure

Posted on 05 / 19 / 2008

Lebanese vegan food can be incredibly good - "Flowers" is a restaurant that I look forward to visiting.
I spotted this article posted on the site of "The Daily" - http://thedaily.washington.edu/2008/5/15/flower-all-you-can-eat-vegetarian-buffet/ & decided to share it -
Excerpt -
Flowers All-you-can-eat vegetarian buffet
A college student's diet, although abundant in pizza and teriyaki, doesn't generally include many vegetables. Luckily this problem can be easily remedied at Flowers Bar & Restaurant, where they offer an all-you-can-eat vegetarian buffet from 11 a.m. - 4 p.m. daily.
Flowers has been at its location at the corner of Northeast 42nd Street and University Way Northeast or 17 years now ,and the employees have watched Seattle's vegetarian community expand greatly during this time.
Owner Fadi Hamade estimates that more than half of his customers are vegetarian or vegan; he cited the prevalence of vegetarians in the area as a major benefit to his business.
"It helps tremendously being in Seattle," Hamade said. "That's what I love about this place; it's always in the lead, whether it's the environment, recycling or being vegetarian."
Hamade was born in Lebanon and grew up in New York City, where his mother raised him on a vegetarian diet.
"My mom was a vegetarian and the restaurant is greatly inspired by her cooking," he said.
The Lebanese influence is evident in the food served at Flowers' lunch buffet, as it features a variety of flavorfully seasoned veggie stews and salads. The smorgasbord of options includes fried cauliflower in house-made tahini sauce, flaky falafel balls, pita bread with hummus, a variety of savory vegetarian soups and chilis and as a delicious yellow curry penne pasta.
Junior psychology major David Fagerholm cited a healthy salad consisting of tofu, garbanzo beans, eggplants and onions as his favorite dish. It was Fagerholm's first visit to Flowers and he said he would likely return.
"I was looking for something different to try and needed to get more vegetables," Fagerholm said.
This was a sentiment shared by fellow customer and freshman Junbe Kye, who regularly visits Flowers for the lunch buffet.
"I love the food and with all the vegetables it seems really healthy," he said.

VeggiePinkoKat
VeggiePinkoKat

Sweet lord this place is hella good!

Posted on 12 / 17 / 2007

The brunch is just so damn fantastic I want to move to Seattle based solely on this brunch, mucho selection and such beautiful colors, some dishes taste very similar but who cares, it's a good taste! Loved the pasta and beets.

Pros: Excellent food, excellent variety, buffets rule!
Miso Vegan
Miso Vegan

Arrive on time!

Posted on 07 / 13 / 2006

I avoided this place for years because at night it was a smoke-filled bar. But with the indoor skoming ban now in place, I finally made it to Flowers, and now I'm a regular. The vegan buffet is AMAZING!

If you arrive after the lunch crowd, you'll get stuck with the dwindling buffet supply. They don't replenish after a certain time (maybe they just make a set amount of food and when it's gone, it's gone), even though the posted buffet hours say it's available longer. I suggest, in fact, getting there early - 11 is good, as the crowds haven't arrived.

Remember: only the buffet is vegan. Menu contains meat items.

Pros: vegan buffet, yummy!, reasonable price
Cons: can get crowded, when it's gone, it's gone
  • lighthouse1971 lighthouse1971

I agree. The lunch buffet is fantastic. I'm not a vegetarian, but I love to eat vegetarian food sometimes. That buffet is soooooo good.

Dear Owner and Manager of Flowers: