Food nicely prepared and presented. Spacious building with several rooms of dining areas. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo
González Ortega 12 (between Alfaro & Insurgentes, Veracruz)
Xalapa, Mexico

First Review by FatGayVegan
FatGayVegan
FatGayVegan

Not that vegan-friendly

2 Posted on 08 / 24 / 2012

I stopped by this restaurant during August 2012 with the intention of having some lunch. When I asked the server (in Spanish) if they served vegan food, I was told no. He said they were vegetarian only. When I pushed him further, he said all their dishes had milk, cream and eggs in them. I wasn't about to investigate further, so I made a hasty retreat.

Pros: Central, Gorgeous courtyard
Cons: No vegan dishes
Guest
Guest

I didnt like it

2 Posted on 02 / 17 / 2008

I just went once and it has been the worst vegetariann food I have tasted. Maybe it was a bad day but it was greasy, salty, lots of soy,small portions, bad service and, for local rates,expensive.Other friends have went and have the same complaint. We agree that is one of those places that make people think vegetarian food is a horrible sacrifice. But, of course, you can give them a chance, it was just my experience.
And well, it says here it is vegan friendly and I completely disagree: I think that if you go as a vegan you are only going to pass a bad time as the people involved in cooking nad servving have little or no idea and may end up giving you cream over your salad or giving you a soup with milk or butter.

Pros: Can serve many people, Is in downtown
Cons: Greasy, lots of soy and insipid food, Small portions, Seems being vegetarian must be sad

Dear Owner and Manager of Flor de Acuarius: