Serves meat, veg options available. The regular menu is entirely fish but there is a further vegetarian menu with some vegan items. With advance notice the chef will prepare other vegan options. The place is welcoming and homely. Open from 10:30am, Wednesday to Sunday. Price: Expensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Western, Beer/Wine, Non-veg

Yolanda
Yolanda

Disappointing

Posted on 01 / 10 / 2014

I have been here twice. Once, about 5 years ago and had a nice enough risotto specially cooked to make it vegan. I went again recently and although the menu says it clearly can cater for vegans, and I gave plenty of advance notice we are vegan, and even spoke to the owner who is lovely and apparently has vegan children (grown up) herself, I was very disappointed. We got stir fried veges with tofu. It cost the same as all the other exciting non veg dishes on the menu and although there was noting wrong with it, a tofu stir fry is the most basic meal that every vegan has had a million times at home. I really do not want to have that when I go to a fancy restaurant like this one is meant to be, and to add insult to injury, pay the same as any other main course for what is a very cheap dish. I'm past feeling grateful as a vegan if a restaurant can cook me anything and think if a restaurant advertises itself as being able to cater for vegans as this one does, it really needs to be able to do better than tofu stir fry.

Pros: lovely setting, friendly host
Cons: boring food, expensive for what it is, a real let down

Dear Owner and Manager of Fleurs Place: