Serves meat, veg options available. Small cafe with large front windows. Offers breakfast food, sandwiches/wraps, salads, and coffee drinks. Has a vegan plate with veggies and bread. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Ovo, Lacto, American, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by IndyVeganFamily
thegreatlisa77
thegreatlisa77

Horrible Hummus

1 Posted on 07 / 21 / 2014

Only two vegan options - hummus plate and veggie wrap. I got the hummus plate and what arrived was obviously store bought hummus with a quartered tortilla, not pita as advertised. Taste was dreadful.

Cons: Store bought hummus, Terrible taste, Few vegan options
cookiem
cookiem

Hidden cafe near NIH and medical services

3 Posted on 04 / 21 / 2014

Who knew this place would be worth it?? Cafés are so standard and blade. Looking at the menu, I was not impressed by any measure. The only portion that piqued my interest was the array of flax-based beverages from lattes to non-dairy drinks. Well, I was right in that sense. They do a great job with these caffeinated or in caffeinated healthier versions of espresso drinks. I love that they have flax, oat, almond and soy milks!!! I really enjoyed the flax latte with almond milk, but I asked them to hold the honey. Vegans- be careful about that!

The menu has hummus, fresh fruit, a flax roll and a grilled veggie salad that are already vegan. Oatmeal is good for brekkie. The salads can be made vegan, but don't automatically come that way.

They had one vegan bakery good other than a bagel- moist and flavorful zucchini walnut bread. A bit gummy but good.

There was even an Ethiopian fasting season special with kik alicha, mesir wot and gomen wat with injera or rice- all vegan! Awesome. The price was incredible- $6!!!

There are also smoothies and other beverages.

I like it and appreciate the effort to have vegan options when there are so many cafés without vegan choices!

Pros: Vegan knowledgeable, Flax lattes with various non-dairy milk, Smoothies
Cons: Not open late, Salads not vegan automatically
IndyVeganFamily
IndyVeganFamily

Nice quick, light lunch. Good, honest food.

4 Posted on 05 / 06 / 2013

I was in Bethesda for a meeting and Happy Cow helped me find this little treasure. Focused on flax, this little cafe has several vegan options. They were out of the chocolate zucchini loaf but I really enjoyed the Veggie Delight wrap. Check out our full Indy Vegan Family review here: http://bit.ly/11OHARI

Pros: Affordable, Convenient, Quaint
Cons: sold out of vegan baked goods

Dear Owner and Manager of Flaxella: