Serves meat, veg options available. Part of chain restaurant offering Mongolian stir-fry meals. The main feature is the create-your-own stirfry bar where you choose the veggies and even faux meat (vegan except Quorn), and have it stir-fried. Most sauces are vegan, and there is a chart showing which are. Ask the staff to cook your dish separately. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Chinese, Beer/Wine, Asian, Non-veg
726 Lake St (downtown)
Oak Park, Illinois 60301

Call for hours - tell us

First Review by Mcarlsonlane

tasty (even if it is a chain)

Posted on 01 / 24 / 2015

My carnivorous aunt took my boyfriend and me here in Chicago and we had great meals. Now we come here for every visit and even stopped at one in Bloomington on the way home. It's a choose your own adventure kind of meal, vegan items marked, and suggested sauce pairings for the more hesitant.

Solid meals. I wish we had one in St. Louis!

Decent Veg Option in Downtown Oak Park

Posted on 04 / 05 / 2014

Yes, Flat Top is a total chain. Yes, is it overpriced with a bland interior. It still is a decent option though. It is great for everyone in your party to just be able to really choose what she/he want in her/his own dish. Easy veg option.

Dear Owner and Manager of Flat Top Grill: