Flat Top Grill

Serves meat, veg options available. Part of chain restaurant offering Mongolian stir-fry meals. The main feature is the create-your-own stirfry bar where you choose the veggies and even faux meat (vegan except Quorn), and have it stir-fried. Most sauces are vegan, and there is a chart showing which are. Ask the staff to cook your dish separately. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Asian, Chinese, Buffet, Beer/Wine, Non-veg
6501 N Grape Rd Ste 1130
Mishawaka, Indiana 46545
574-307-7442
  • Wheelchair accessible

First Review by chloe.reitherman
nardanddee
nardanddee

good food - a little complicated

3 Posted on 04 / 08 / 2014

This was my first time here and my waitress informed me how the whole thing works. Lots of different steps and color-coding, far too many instructions after a long day of travel when your blood sugar is low. But the food was great and they had plenty of vegan choices that were clearly marked. Sometimes I'm a bit of a germaphobe - so the whole placing of various sticks in my food when they've just been sitting out on a table, etc was a little bothersome. However, for an additional $4 you can eat as much as you want or order food to take home. That convenience made up for everything else. Side note: They are located in the University Park Mall right next to the Massage Envy.

Pros: clearly marked items, variety, $4 and you can take a meal home
Cons: placing wooden and color-coded sticks in your food, instructions can be a bit convoluted
Guest
Guest

Super vegan friendly!

4 Posted on 07 / 08 / 2011

There are very few vegan restaurants in the michiana area and this restaurant makes me proud to be vegan! The food was absolutely fantastic and I am normally very picky. You can taste any sauce before you put it on your stir fry and all of the food is labeled with what is in it. The staff was very friendly and it is great for a casual meal out with friends or a date. I normally don't like sir fry but they did such a wonderful job. My tables food didn't all show up at the same time, which wasn't a big deal to me, but the manager was very kind and took off part of our bill because of it. It was a wonderful experience and my husband and I were able to get fantastic Vegan food!

Pros: Friendly staff, Great good, Good value

Dear Owner and Manager of Flat Top Grill: