Serves meat, veg options available. Semi-dive bar located in the French Quarter, on the residential side. Vegetarian options are clearly marked on the menu. Weekly changing soups. Staff is aware of vegetarian and vegan diets. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Lacto, American, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg
625 Saint Philip St (Royal)
New Orleans, Louisiana 70116
504-598-9002

Open Mon-Sun 24 hours, kitchen Sun-Thur 10am-10pm, Fri-Sat 10am-2am.

First Review by Harryvx
alebovic
alebovic

Go somewhere else - few options and marginal food

2 Posted on 08 / 06 / 2012

They no longer serve black bean burgers because their distributor, sysco, no longer carries them. I confirmed this with a manager on 8/3/12. They have not replaced the black bean burger with anything else.

I would NOT recommend eating here. The bartender was unnecessarily rude and condescending the whole night and the veggie wrap was very average. There's no reason you should pick this place. Burger King has more vegetarian options.

The one good thing was the vegetarian chili cheese fries. Not amazing but not bad at all.

If you do go, there is no service at tables so order your food and drinks from the bartender. I asked the bartender nicely if a server would come around to take our order. He was sure to make me feel like an idiot for not realizing that it's a bar so we would order our dinner from him.

Pros: Location, No wait
Cons: No servers - order from bar, Marginal food, Few veg-friendly options
beakerr86
beakerr86

yummy food

4 Posted on 06 / 22 / 2012

I had the veggie wrap and my bf had the last black bean burger and they both were amazing. Be sure if they have black bean burgers get em early I went there on a saturday afternoon around 2/2:30 pm they only had 1 left.

TerriPettit
TerriPettit

Bar food eats

3 Posted on 05 / 07 / 2012

Found this little spot our first day in NOLA and was surprised to find they had a salad with strawberries that i believe was organic and it was totally tasty. Had a vegan chili and that was good too! A place to go if you don't mind dive bar ambiance and have non-veg companions- they liked the po-boy and the waiter!

Pros: Good value
Cons: Small selection, Dark, Smokers
eksveg
eksveg

Great veggie burger

4 Posted on 12 / 25 / 2011

Convenient location, friendly and well-informed staff, and several great vegan options.

cheriw
cheriw

Great food!

4 Posted on 06 / 01 / 2011

This bar food is amazing. I had the veggie wrap - sundried tomato tortilla filled with tomatoes, spouts, cucumbers, olives, hummus and a roasted red pepper dressing. It was delicious. My husband had the chili cheese fries, the chili being vegan too. It was made with beans and lentels. He's eaten a lot of french fries and he commented that this dish was one of the best things he's ever eaten. The bar tender mentioned that the chef was vegan so we had faith that the food was animal free. Definately stop in for a meal if you are in New Orleans.

Pros: More then one vegan option on the menu, Inexpensive, In the French Quarter

kayellebee
kayellebee

Our favorite place in the French Quarter!

4 Posted on 10 / 28 / 2010

It's rock 'n roll vegan time when you're at Flanagan's! The first day we went in the cook had just that day made a vegan tortilla soup which we had to have - it was do die for. I ordered a big black bean & veggie wrap that came with fries and my boyfriend got a big bowl of red beans and rice. All right at the bar with the beer flowing. We loved it so much we went back a night or two later, but I think the kitchen closed at 10pm. Nonetheless, we loved that bar so much, we drank there until almost 6 am talking and making friends. That's right, open 24/7, folks. The service is great, the price is right, and they have a pool table in a cool throwback retro room. Support Flanagan's! They love vegans :)

Pros: Everything
rvasquez
rvasquez

Respectable black bean burger

3 Posted on 10 / 05 / 2010

This is good option if your vegan and your staying in the French Quarter. The black bean burger is a store bought patty on white bread buns served with iceburg lettuce, tomato, onions, pickles and fries. It's pretty standard bar food, but was still pretty good. The bar itself is nice and has lots of seating options. They also run ghost tours out of the bar every night.

Pros: Good location, vegan option
Cons: burger is a bit plain
Harryvx
Harryvx

Delicious vegan black bean burger

3 Posted on 06 / 15 / 2010

Great vegan black bean burger with fries. Philly Cheeseburger could also be made with tofu. Nice staff too. Definitely recommend.

Pros: good vegan food, friendly staff, good beer
Cons: dark

Dear Owner and Manager of Flanagan's Pub: