Cafe and store. Menu features sandwiches, wraps, salads, breakfast, coffee, fruit smoothies, huge vegan burgers with a variety of toppings, desserts, and baked goods. Suitable for vegans except some drinks served with honey. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan, American, Take-out
140 Public Square (Park Building)
Cleveland, Ohio 44114
216-263-1111

Mon-Fri 7:30am-9:00pm, Sat 11:00am-9:00pm

First Review by shandra
AdiVedi
AdiVedi

Great vegan food!

4 Posted on 09 / 13 / 2014

Got the TLT sandwich and a shake.
Great food, friendly staff.

Pros: Great food, Great location, Friendly staff
Cons: Parking - street or public lots, Small dining area and fills quickly
drummergirl
drummergirl

Cute little place!

4 Posted on 03 / 07 / 2014

If you're ever in Cleveland, go here. It's a nice little cafe...there's a lot of delicious menu items to choose from, and it's 100% vegan! It's a small place; cute and casual. The food is good, and it's all pretty simple, nothing complicated. I had the Mediterranean hummus wrap (I replaced the wrap with lettuce leaves, which was awesome that I could do that!!). I liked it a lot, being the hummus-lover that I am. My sister gave me a bite of her Asian wrap, which was really tasty topped with their spicy peanut dressing. The side of the day was this black bean/corn salsa, and it was amazing. I very highly recommend getting a chocolate peanut crunch bar while you're there...and keep it all to yourself because it's delicious!!!!!!! I like what this place has to offer.

Pros: good eats!, casual
ryanstachurski
ryanstachurski

Great location, good food

3 Posted on 02 / 01 / 2014

Cool spot for vegan food on the Public Square. They have a small seating area, and no frills inside. Only dining there once, the food was good. I had a TLT: Tempeh, Lettuce, and Tomato. The servers were friendly. It'd be nice to see more variety, or recipe risk-taking, with the food options. The theme is homemade, but many items are pre-processed (albeit in excellent taste). I'll happily eat there again, but not before trying the other restaurants in town.

Pros: Location, Mostly Vegan, House made desserts
Cons: Ambiance, Originality

erinnsneed
erinnsneed

Poor Customer Service

2 Posted on 09 / 04 / 2013

Food taste good but if you're health conscious you may have to be concern with artificial ingredients and white sugar.

The times I ate there when they first open, the customer service was very poor and even rude. But at the time I kept going because it was the only vegan restaurant in town.

Pros: taste good
Cons: Poor customer, unhealthy foods, Unfriendly
kbd
kbd

Pleased with this restaurant with homemade food

5 Posted on 07 / 28 / 2013

Finally what I've been looking for, delicious vegan food that's homemade instead of frozen! I was told almost everything is vegan except the Chai Tea because of honey, and maybe one other item.
I got the "TLT" sandwich, which is a Tempeh, lettuce, and tomato sandwich. The tempeh is homemade seasoned tempeh, not Morningstar farms frozen tempeh bacon. I also I got their homemade vegan burger which was excellent. Each sandwich came with a side so I chose macaroni salad (amazing) and black bean with corn salsa; each were a little spicy, but not too bad. I added a soup to my meal for a little less than buying it alone. It was "black bean chile". I didn't really like it because it only had really soft green peppers and onions. It was almost like they had been sautéed, and then cooked for a long time in the soup. Finally I got a molten lava chocolate bundt cake, it was very good.

On my second trip I tried the smoothie with pineapples, strawberries, bananas, and OJ. I think it could've been a little bit sweeter (I guess it depends on the fruit), nevertheless it was tasty.

Overall my favorite was the homemade burger, everything on it including the bread was tasty. The staff was very friendly, something that's rare to see today and if I'm ever in Ohio again, I will be glad to stop at this restaurant again.

Pros: Homemade and delicious food, Friendly staff, Good value
warmstorage
warmstorage

Delicious full menu for breakfast!

5 Posted on 06 / 28 / 2013

I used to work with this guy who would get so excited when he was going to go home and have BFD: Breakfast For Dinner. Me, I love having DFB, so I was delighted when I went in to Flaming Icecube and found out they'll make their entire menu at any time of the day!

I had the Western Burger with a black mushroom risotto and coffee. It was delicious, and perfect at 8:45am. Not that I don't like vegan breakfast food... I just prefer lunch and dinner food!

The two women staffing the place were both extremely friendly, and it's ridiculously well located, right on Public Square in downtown Cleveland.

I'll absolutely go back!

Pros: full menu at breakfast!, super friendly, great location
klingsor
klingsor

Great find, right in the middle of town

4 Posted on 09 / 14 / 2012

I had an unexpected stay in Cleveland and picked a restaurant randomly from Happpy Cow. This place is great. The owner and staff are very nice. The food is delicious and well-priced. There are lots of choices on the menu, and the desserts are dee-lish. On top of that the location is great, right in the middle of town, near the new casino and town square.

Pros: Friendly, Delicious, Good sized menu
Cons: none
hdougan
hdougan

My Favorite Lunch Spot Downtown

5 Posted on 06 / 14 / 2012

Every time I take an omnivore friend to The Flaming Ice Cube, they have a new impression of veganism. There is something for absolutely everyone here. The smoothies are great and they offer wonderful add in options (wheatgrass, pea protein, etc.) if you want to turn yours into a meal.

Pros: Low Prices, Friendly Staff, Great tea selection
Cons: Too few tables
rickdavid
rickdavid

Great Restaurant

5 Posted on 04 / 13 / 2012

I arrived in Cleveland on a three day trip on Monday afternoon and went to Flaming Icecube for a sandwich. Went back twice Tuesday and twice Wednesday and had something different every day. Everything was excellent and reasonably priced. I will eat there every time I go back to Cleveland. Service was very good and everyone was very helpful and friendly. This is one of my favorite restaurants anywhere.

Pros: excellent food, great value, friendly staff
bigbunny
bigbunny

Never met anyone who DIDN'T like it! :-)

5 Posted on 02 / 02 / 2012

People drive from miles around to go to The Flaming Icecube. One of my favourites is the chik'n quesadilla appetizer -- JUST PHENOMENAL! Many great daily specials, too. Check out the dessert bar.

Pros: Affordable, Central, Tasty & "cheesy" vegan goodness!
Cons: Street parking or pay parking, Downtown - be careful at night
RunVeg
RunVeg

You MUST eat here!

5 Posted on 01 / 16 / 2012

I LOVE this place. It's completely vegan, except they do have honey in a few things (teas, mostly)--but they were really good about knowing the ingredients in their food. It's really reasonably priced, even when my boyfriend and I order multiple entrees (oops!). They have a core menu, but their sides, desserts, and specialized coffees change daily. You can dine in or grab a coffee and muffin/dessert to go. For an appetizer, you must get the Spicy Chick'n Quesadilla with Gardein Chick'n and Daiya ($7)--it was definitely spicier than I expected and FANTASTIC. The Summer Rolls ($3) were okay--probably better in the summer than the winter! Z had their "Beef" stew as a side, and I thought it tasted too beefy. It kind of creeped me out. He liked it, as he used to like beef stew, but I don't remember eating it and I didn't like how strong the flavor was. Don't bother with their flatbread pizzas ($10). It's just on a tortilla, and way expensive for what you're getting. It looks like something I made in college, for a buck. It's tasty, but overpriced when there are such better options for your cash. Where it's at is their veggie burgers. I NEVER order veggie burgers when I'm out, because I think I can get them frozen. But they make their own and they are the chewiest, yummiest, juiciest burgers EVER. They're also huge. I recommend the pizza burger with the added vegetables ($8.88). The pesto burger is good ($7.45), but not as good as the pizza burger. I want one now!

Pros: Great burgers, nice selection, Affordable
Cons: Flatbread pizza was meh
Cindy 221
Cindy 221

Amazing!

5 Posted on 01 / 12 / 2012

I took my vegan-skeptical kids here while visiting Cleveland. Everyone LOVED it! They wanted to go back each day. The service was super friendly and the food was fabulous! If only there was a Flaming Ice Cube near me.

Pros: All vegan menu, Friendly helpful service, Delicious food
Cons: Parking
jeffhirst
jeffhirst

A godsend

4 Posted on 10 / 25 / 2011

100% vegan and 110% delicious. Best veggie burger I've ever had. Expansive menu. I'd like to see them expand their tiny dining room. One more quibble: we had iced tea that was nearly as colorless as water and tasted weak. Not sure if it was "white tea" or just extremely weak black tea. Overall, I loved the place and urge you to go. We need more places like this in Cleveland.

Pros: Expansive menu, Area's best veggie burger, Service with a smile
Cons: Tiny dining room, Weak iced tea
Amy Wagar
Amy Wagar

Awesome

5 Posted on 07 / 03 / 2011

Love this place, food is delicious!

Pros: Delicious, Reasonable prices
Cons: Some items contain honey, Impossible to find parking
Tofu Cat
Tofu Cat

Vegan yum yums

5 Posted on 06 / 26 / 2011

I have been to Flaming Ice Cube often enough that they know me there. I have never been disappointed by their food or their service, and I suggest everyone give them a try, whether you are vegan or not...it is just great food! Whether you try a burger, wrap,rice bowl or flat bread pizza, all are delicious! But save room for dessert, especially the carrot cake or a rosewater pistachio cupcake. Tell them Tofu Cat sent you.

Pros: Everything, friendly service, ALL vegan
Cons: None, None, None
samanthamuffin
samanthamuffin

Must Try!

5 Posted on 06 / 09 / 2011

What a gem! I was in Cleveland for a day, and read such good reviews on this place that I had to try it. The inside is small but comfortable. They also had some outdoor seating available. I ordered the Mushroom Burger, which comes with a pickle and their side of the day. The side of the day didn't sound appealing to me, so I substituted it for their soup of the day which was Corn Chowder. I have never had Corn Chowder before, but after the first bite I was in love. They served it with Oyster Crackers. I think I had a Harry met Sally moment with the chowder. Then the burger came. I usually don't like veggie burgers. I mean, seriously, how many of those things can I eat? This one was different. It was served on a toasted bun with mushrooms, daiya, and veganaise. I added ketchup and mustard. SOOO GOOD!

Do yourself a favor. Eat there.

Pros: Delicious, Clean, Friendly staff
brandon.niles
brandon.niles

Great Food

5 Posted on 05 / 10 / 2011

My wife and I went to Flaming Icecube last night for dinner. We're only in Cleveland for one night. Flaming Icecube was a wonderful experience, and the food was excellent! I had the "Chicken" salad Panini and my wife had the mushroom burger. The hand crafted burger was delicious, and the panini was everything I hoped it would be. If you're in Cleveland and you want some delicious vegan food, definitely go to the Flaming Icecube.

Pros: Food Quality, Friendliness, Location
castle31
castle31

Awesome!

5 Posted on 04 / 23 / 2011

Found this place using the VegOut app. What a great place! Great location, excellent food, awesome staff and a just a relaxing & feel at home setting. Great food at great prices. Please check it out, you won't be disappointed.

Pros: Vegan, great value, friendly staff
Cons: none, none, none
fancyveganchic
fancyveganchic

Amazing food :)

4 Posted on 03 / 19 / 2011

The food here is amazing great wraps great cakes of course all vegan :) Great soups cute little clean place I would recomend it to anyone.

My husband isnt a vegan and he loved it :)

Pros: clean , excellent food, good price
Stephanie Heckman
Stephanie Heckman

Best restaurant in Cleveland!

5 Posted on 02 / 19 / 2011

I'm not from Cleveland, I'm from the Dayton area but I was in Cleveland a month ago and decided to try the Flaming Icecube. It was amazing! The food is unbelievably delicious for Ohio. I've only had better vegan food in NYC. There were far too many options on the menu but I decided to go with a pesto burger and my boyfriend at the time got a pizza burger. (Both were completely vegan but tasted far better than normal vegan burgers.) they were mouth watering, especially the pizza burger! A lot of the other menu items looked amazing but I didn't get a chance to try them. They also were selling a bunch of vegan speciality items like vegan marshmellow and novelty items but we didn't buy antyhing besides lunch. The service was good and the decor was nice. It reminded me of the the veg restaurants that I went to in NYC. My only issues are that it was a small cafe and cold air kept being let inside. There wasn't really a way to prevent it but I wasn't used to the horrible Cleveland weather during January so I was freezing the entire time. I'm sure that it was heated but I was shivering and kept my hat and coat on the entire time. It was also hard to find parking but it shouldn't be a challenge if you are used to city parking. But overall, I highly recommend eating here!

Pros: delicious food, huge vegan menu, good service
Cons: can be very cold in winter
bubblegumpanda
bubblegumpanda

best vegan food in neo!

5 Posted on 09 / 09 / 2010

i am SO excited that flaming ice cube opened a second location in cleveland. the name may be odd, but the food is amazing. we used to drive to boardman from akron just to eat there! without a doubt, the best vegan food in northeast ohio and some of the best sandwiches i've had in general. do not leave without a peanut butter crunch bar. you might as well grab 2 because everything is very reasonably priced! and friendly service to boot! go now!

Pros: delicious, delicious food, great, great value, friendly people
Cons: not in every city, not 24 hours, i guess the coffee isn't great
shandra
shandra

Great Option Downtown

5 Posted on 08 / 25 / 2010

I've been to the Flaming Ice cube 5 or 6 times since it opened and have never been disappointed by the food. I work downtown and live near downtown so as a vegan, this place has been a godsend. I would recommend the mushroom burger if you are really hungry or the Asian vegetable wrap. I haven't been disappointed by food there yet.

+no worries about if it's veg/vegan
+so far everything is tasty
+good service
+convenient location for downtown folks

-could be hard to find parking for motorists (try to find a meter a little further down Euclid)
-I get perplexed by so many options :)

Dear Owner and Manager of Flaming Icecube: