Serves meat, veg options available. Menu denotes which items are vegetarian. Closed Sun. Price: Moderate more-less
Lacto, Non-veg
1055 Johnnie Dodds Blvd Ste 50 (Crickentree Village Ctr)
Mount Pleasant, South Carolina 29464

Mon-Sat 11:00am-9:00pm

First Review by foosgoddess
Rick and Dani
Rick and Dani

Very Disappointed

Posted on 08 / 31 / 2015

We went for brunch last Sunday. Did the "call ahead" seating reservation. I explained that 2 people in the party are Vegan and they assured me all I needed to do was tell the server and she would help us with options. Once we arrived and were seated I explained to the server that we are vegan and would be happy with any type of veggies and potatoes. She actually told me they didn't have any veggies (honest! I am not making this up) and all we could have would be the Vegan soup and a salad. This was VERY DISAPPOINTING especially since they advertise being vegan friendly and I called ahead an hour to let them know we were coming. It is difficult to find a place we can eat with our since they are not Vegan. We will not take family members there again.

Pros: great vegan soup, nice salad if you ask for no cheese
Cons: lack of communicate from host to server, lack of server knowledge for Vegan Options

Posted on 03 / 07 / 2013

I went with my mom last week and it was delicious! A lot of Vegetarian/Vegan options. My mom got the veggie stir fry with tofu and I got the portabella mushroom and both were really good! The vegetarian items are noted on the menu but not the vegan items, so you have to guess.

Pros: Taste, Price
Cons: Vegan Items not noted on Menu, Loud

Posted on 07 / 23 / 2011

I can't believe I had been in Charleston 3 times before I went to this place! It was great food, good service, and a nice atmosphere. I would highly recommend trying it out. There are lots of vegetarian and Gluten free items. It is a little hidden, tucked away in between some strip mall buildings but worth the search!

Pros: Great Food, lots of choices , good service
Cons: hidden

Dear Owner and Manager of Five Loaves Cafe: