First Capital Dispensing Co.

Serves meat, veg options available. American bar with dining, both smoking allowed. Several regular menu items are vegetarian suitable. Fancy beers & alcohol drinks, live music some nights no cover charge. Price: Moderate more-less
Ovo, Lacto, American, Beer/Wine, Non-veg
57 N Pershing Ave (downtown)
York, Pennsylvania 17401
717-854-1714

First Review by lokoflygirl
Astonangel
Astonangel

Good

Posted on 07 / 25 / 2012

Good veggie food without being stodgy or pretentious. Good soup, asparagus hummus dip and mushroom burgers. Great pub-like atmosphere.

Pros: Downtown location, Atmosphere, Good veggie menu
Cons: Smoky if you are not used to it
DannyRebel
DannyRebel

Food excellent but still disappointed

Posted on 01 / 05 / 2012

A few years ago, I went here often. Unfortunately, I found the kitchen hours were unposted and unreliable. They served as long as the chef felt like cooking. He was the owner, vegetarian himself, and his creations were excellent. My constant disappointment left me hungry, so I stopped going. I will have to try it out again now three years later and re-review.
Updated from previous review on Saturday September 10, 2011

I returned in December, 2011 and was disappointed that there were no entrees or specials vegetarian on this day. The first item on the sandwich menu is a vegetarian item and the French Onion coup is vegetarian. A hummus appetizer is vegetarian and that's all we have. About as much as any other establishment. Nothing special anymore and probably not worthy of being on HappyCow. I'll probably do another visit sometime to see if it was off-week. (pre-Christmas)

• Chuck Chuck

Looking forward to hearing if they've improved their consistency.

lokoflygirl
lokoflygirl

Great Music and no cover charge

Posted on 02 / 13 / 2011

I was unable to order a meal at this establishment as they are a small smoking facility. I am allergic to smoke.

Pros: fun atmosphere, friendly staff
Cons: smokers

Dear Owner and Manager of First Capital Dispensing Co.: