Serves meat, veg options available. Offers vegetarian dishes and has tofu. Uses local farmer's market produce whenever possible. Since 2011. Price: Moderate more-less
Lacto, Organic, American, International, Juice bar, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg
32 Market Sq (City Market Bldg)
Roanoke, Virginia 24012

Golddust1983
Golddust1983

tofu sandwich is delicious

Posted on 07 / 13 / 2015

Very nice place. I sat outside and ordered the tofu sandwich with a side of hoppin john. The food was very tasty. My husband is a carnivore and ordered the ham and turkey wrap which he said was good just small. We joked about how my food was bigger than his meal for once. The server was very knowledgeable and compassionate for vegans. She even pointed out to me not to order the grits because they are cooked in butter. In the end she offered vegan upside-down peach cake but I was much too full. Side note: the coffee is so good!

Fuckinfuck666
Fuckinfuck666

Found my veg spot

Posted on 05 / 23 / 2015

The falafel was great and the staff is %100 knowledgeable ab what is and is not vegan as well as what everything is made with regardless. Will certainly be coming back!

Also, they have 4 beers on tap!

MsABC
MsABC

Moraccan Isn't Rockin'

Posted on 03 / 23 / 2015

Great Service! Great Atmosphere! However, I'm convinced the Moraccan Stew I had was a can of Campbell's soup.

adaily
adaily

Amazing!

Posted on 03 / 15 / 2015

I got the BBQ tofu, which was recommended by the employee and it was ridiculously good! The tofu was the perfect consistency and the flavor of the bbq and the avocado sauce were perfect. I'm going back again today just to get another item on the menu before I leave town! They also have craft beer. :)

Cons: 14 bucks was a little high but worth it.
gwild
gwild

gorgeous patio fresh food

Posted on 08 / 13 / 2013

We tried the inca bowl with red and white quinoa, black eyed peas, sweet potatoes and corn. We also tried the falafel sandwich. Everything was very fresh and delicious. We sat on the patio on a beautiful day. The portions were generous and entrees about $10 each.

Pros: patio, healthy
Cons: serves meat, slow service
lisa parks
lisa parks

firefly fare

Posted on 11 / 29 / 2012

i had the incan bowl (quinoa, roasted corn, sweet potato, etc.) and it was fantastic. all of the menu items looked amazing and i can't wait to work my way through the menu.

Pros: excellent food, friendly staff, great options
buzzasp
buzzasp
  • non-vegetarian

Awesome, Locally-Sourced Cuisine

Posted on 10 / 10 / 2012

Firefly Fare is a wonderful little restaurant serving locally-sourced yummy cuisine. They have an extensive vegetarian menu with many vegan and gluten-free options. I have tried the Incan Bowl which has quinoa, black beans, corn, and freah herbs. It is a perfect combination of spice and aroma. The Falafel pita, Indonesian tofu bowl, and salads are all wonderful too. I love the juices and think the Firefly Flicker is the best. They also serve local wines and have beer available in the dining room. They have daily specials and some really yummy soups.

Pros: Quality, Taste, Service

Dear Owner and Manager of Firefly Fare: