Fiore's Italian Bakery

Serves meat, veg options available. This cozy and funky cafe offers plenty of vegan food, clearly labeled. Food includes cookies, cupcakes, sandwiches, salads, smoothies, pizza by the slice, and more. Has non-dairy milk for coffee. Try the peanut butter ball dipped in chocolate or the vegan whoopie pie. You could also order custom vegan cakes. An ever-changing array of art lines the walls. Look for the green awning and yellow letters sign. Established since 2001. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, American, Pizza, Italian, Take-out, Bakery, Kosher, Non-veg
55 South St (Custer St)
Jamaica Plain, Massachusetts 02130
617-524-9200

Call for hours - tell us

First Review by zaphod46
Lauren C
Lauren C

amazing vegan food!

Posted on 05 / 28 / 2015

I had the vegan Italian maki: a panini type sandwich with eggplant, spinach, avocado, caramelized onions, pesto, and spicy veganaise, DELICIOUS!!! My husband had a seitan bagel sandwich. His was good too but my was GREAT! Sadly, none of their desserts are vegan but I did have a yummy banana, PB and soy milk smoothie! I will definitely come here again when I'm in Boston, great find!

Pros: food, atmosphere
Cons: no vegan desserts
Phizzi
Phizzi

Good food and lots of baked goods

Posted on 04 / 03 / 2015

Fiore's has several great vegan sandwiches (more than half) very clearly marked, good baked goods and a consistently friendly attitude. I would, of course, be happier if they were totally vegan, had more space, and more selection of vegan baked treats, but frankly they are one of my go-to places for good food in reasonably short order, and the food is good and doesn't ever taste like it came off a line.

Pros: Personal, Good hot sandwiches, Baked goods
Cons: Can get crowded, have to ask about baked goods, space has some wear

Vegan pizza!

Posted on 02 / 01 / 2013

Fiore's Italian Bakery is a wonderful establishment in a great part of town. They cater to most everyone, but vegans have many options from salads to sandwiches, vegan pizza made with a cashew cheese and many pastries. From time to time they also have a gluten free and vegan pastry. I've never had my socks knocked off by anything at Fiore's, but they are a great establishment overall, meeting the needs of vegans with many options.

Pros: Good range of options, Good value, Nice vibe
Cons: Closes early

Great Vegan Options!

Posted on 01 / 30 / 2012

We stopped in to Fiore for coffee and hoped we'd be able to find a vegan muffin or something to snack on. Instead, we found a whole section of the menu entitled "Vegan Sandwiches," which were very delicious. The bakery case (even one hour before closing on a Sunday night) was filled with cookies, cupcakes, and pastries that were all vegan.

You still need to ask, not all the baked goods were vegan, but there were plenty of options, both savory and sweet. They also use vegan gluten-free bread on request for the sandwiches, which is rare, but wonderful.

Pros: clear labels, pastries
Cons: small tables
    zaphod46

You are right, the GF bread is not vegan any more. They switched brands a while ago.

RiskyBiz

I don't believe the gluten free bread is vegan, based on what they told me many months ago (though maybe they changed brands). Be sure to double check, I've found that food service staff tend to assume that gluten free bread products are vegan, when they typically contain eggs.

Dear Owner and Manager of Fiore's Italian Bakery: