CLOSED: Finnegan's Wake

Serves meat, veg options available. A unique Irish pub that has a separate vegetarian menu in addition to the normal Irish pub fare. Offers vegan items which are clearly marked on the menu. The veg menu on the website is outdated and some of the web pages seem outdated as well so call first for information. Reported closed to HappyCow. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Lacto, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by antgirl
Busta Kaps
Busta Kaps

Place closed (or complete renovation??)

1 Posted on 08 / 02 / 2014

Went to check it out and it's closed. The sign was still up but there was nothing inside.

Vegan Vagabond
Vegan Vagabond

A+ for having vegan options. C- on execution.

3 Posted on 11 / 28 / 2013

It is extremely nice to see an old school Irish beer pub in a tourist Mecca like Key West have some vegan options, so I don't want to seem unappreciative. I really appreciate it. With that said, there are a few things they might consider to be a little more vegan friendly, or at least for vegans to beware. Although the menu lists that all fried items are fried in non transfat soybean oil, which is a good sign, the issue is that everything is fried together, chicken, fish, fries, etc. Your choice of sides is limited to edamame or steamed vegetables (without butter). I got the impression that our waitress was less than thrilled by my questions, even though they were slow, and she didn't seem like she really was into helping me ensure I got a vegan meal.

Q: Is this vegan?
A: Yes.
Q: Oh, wait. What about butter?
A: Oh, yeah, I guess not.

This was Thanksgiving day and the only veg place open, so we came here. I would hit the other places first, if given a choice.

Pros: vegan options
Cons: beware.
unoclay
unoclay

pretty good veg options

4 Posted on 10 / 02 / 2013

They were extremely flexible to our dietary requests and both of our vegetarian dishes were great. Also unique since not a lot of Irish-themed restaurants cater to veg crowd. Worth visiting!

Pros: several options, price was quite reasonable, good beer list

Mary Beth Jones
Mary Beth Jones

vegan and vegetarian options

4 Posted on 08 / 07 / 2013

Food was awesome I had the veggie panini. If your a vegan be sure to ask for no cheese and for veggies to be cooked with no butter

antgirl
antgirl

Vegan options in Key West

3 Posted on 09 / 03 / 2011

Although not the best vegan food I have had, they have clearly marked vegan options on the menu (even on the specials). I had the vegan black bean burger and it was okay, but I was just happy to find a restaurant that offered vegan options in Key West.

Pros: Clearly marked vegan options, Good location
Cons: Food is okay

Dear Owner and Manager of CLOSED: Finnegan's Wake: