Serves meat, veg options available. This coffee shop, located in hip Wicker Park, offers a variety of options for vegans and vegetarians. Daily specials, including a seitan sandwich. Vegan coffee smoothie. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Non-veg
1373-75 N Milwaukee Ave (N Ashland Ave )
Chicago, Illinois 60642
773-904-7819

Open Mon-Thu 7am-10pm, Fri-Sat 7am-9pm, Sun 8am-9pm.

First Review by SynthVegan
happycowgirl
happycowgirl

Not Really Impressed

3 Posted on 09 / 11 / 2012

When I go to Filter it's just b/c I happen to be in the neighborhood. I wouldn't go out of my way to come here, unless you're looking for free wifi. The place is packed with couches, tables and outlets. Much more vegetarian-friendly than vegan-friendly. The vegan items I've had here have been bland and not very memorable.

SynthVegan
SynthVegan

Filter

3 Posted on 05 / 31 / 2011

Filter is located in the hipster part of Chicago known as Wicker Park. That being said, Filter itself is a very hipster-like coffee place (that also serves food). I personally like the decor of Filter - it's just filled with several odd/old couches, it's cozy. As for the food, there are several vegetarian items available and a few vegan items - you can get most of the vegetarian items vegan by excluding the dairy items. I had the tofu scramble veganized and thought it was good, a little bland, but still good. I'd recommend adding salt and hot sauce to the dish, but you may just like it on its own. Overall I think this is a neat place to stop by for a coffee, a small meal, or to lounge around for a little while.

Dear Owner and Manager of Filter: