Veggie food. Confirmed open, Sep 2014. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Chinese
Rua do Monte, 2 (near St Dominic's church walking toward Ruins of St.Pauls)
Macau, China

Call for hours - tell us

First Review by TeaO
jungsiah
jungsiah

Tasty food but...

Posted on 05 / 29 / 2015

Close to some touristic atractions, this is a very easy place to find. Very small and you'll most likely have to share the table with some strangers.

We ordered wantons in soup and a tofu dish with sweet-sour sauce. Both really delicious! The menu has pictures but no english descriptions. I didn't want this vegetable on my wantons soup so my chinese friend asked the staff to not put it in (a very easy request). The staff, who most likely didn't know I can speak chinese as well, answered that they couldn't do it and added "tell her to take it out herself or to just give it to you".
Even though the food was quite delicious and the prices affordable, I don't think I would come back to this place because of the rude and unpolite staff. Also having to share the table with strangers is a con, as well as the little personal space they give you. I could barely move.

Pros: affordable, tasty
Cons: rude staff, tiny place, lack of personal space
JanineBarthel
JanineBarthel

It's open and delicious!

Posted on 03 / 22 / 2015

I accidentally found this place as I did not have internet access on my day trip to Macau. I saw the swastika sign, looked at the place, and a man came to me and told me that this is a place for vegetarians. he also told me they don't use egg or milk in the dishes.
I think the place is easy to find! the menu is with pictures and I found that helpful. the staff doesn't really speak English but another guest helped me to specify my "no mushrooms" wish. Tea was for free and really delicious, I ordered a wan tan soup and fried rice noodles. Both dishes came very quickly and tasted good, and the soup was really big and good! the Boodles were a little oily, but still good. I paid only 57 MOP in the end, which was cheaper than eating in hong Kong. I like the place and I would have loved to taste their other dishes as well.

Pros: seems to be mostly vegan, quick, delicious, variety
Cons: little oily
marukochan
marukochan

my favourite veggie place in macau

Posted on 05 / 09 / 2013

i've been in macau for 3 years now and this is still my favourite restaurant.
they sell the best wanton in the world - juicy and in big portions. they are located near the St Paul Ruins (just a 5 mins walk away) and are very reasonably priced.
I normally order wanton soup (delicious both fried or in soup), fried rice, veggies/tofu. Try their homemade chilli!
Friendly staff too :)

Pros: Value for money, Excellent food, Great location
Cons: May be packed during mealtimes

MeowMm
MeowMm

Very full for lunch

Posted on 03 / 31 / 2013

I Order 2 noodle dish. The taste is very good,not salty. But the portion of noodle is quite big. The vegetable is not variety.

Pros: Delicious, Value of money
Cons: Variety of vegetable
terrenceleong
terrenceleong

Healthy food

Posted on 05 / 27 / 2012

I order the sushi, fried rice and noodle. The portion is medium, food are healthy and delicious.
It's located at tourist area and price is inexpensive.
Opem from 12pm - 9pm.

TheGambler
TheGambler

Liked it

Posted on 01 / 21 / 2012

Tasty food, very friendly hosts. Menu with pictures for foreigners. The truth is still little understood, that you order :-) But very tasty!

murialer
murialer

If I wasn't so hungry ...

Posted on 09 / 28 / 2011

I came to Macau from Hong Kong on the ferry. As it was quite lateand I was very hungry, I tried the nearest veg restaurant to my hotel. I had the hotel write down the address in Chinese characters and had directions, but even so it was hard to find. The place wasn't too clean, buckets of dirty dishes and food scraps on the steps leading to the upper floor. The food was very oily and the tea too strong and bitter. No descriptions on menu, only photos, so had to guess what to order as I cannot speak Chinese.

Pros: oily food, noisy, not too clean
Cons: central
SandyStar
SandyStar

Recommended

Posted on 09 / 17 / 2011

Nice place and nice dishes... Good prices.
They won't show you a menu If you don't look like you know how to read in chinese, instead they will give you a photo album with the dishes and the prices.

wolfgang
wolfgang

Very good value for money

Posted on 09 / 13 / 2010

The restaurant is located in the touristic area a few minutes from the St. Paul's ruines. Luckily this isn't reflected in the prices. Dishes vary from 38-55 MOP. For single persons they have set dishes with rice or noodles for under 30 MOP.

Pros: Good value for money, convenient location, friendly staff
Cons: no English spoken, but photo menu
TeaO
TeaO

Good Quality Vege Food!

Posted on 05 / 15 / 2009

The dishes are really tasty and they serve very good wanton. Went there for lunch twice (at off peak time of 3pm) when we were in Macau for 3 days. We tried going for dinner once but had to be politely turned away as it was full! That tells it all. Hence do call and book in advance if you plant to visit during normal meal hours.

They have sitting both on ground and upper floor.

On our second visit, one of the owners even gave us free home-made rice dumpling for us to eat on our flight home. =)

They're open 12pm to 9pm.

Pros: Excellent Food, Good Value , Friendly Staff

Dear Owner and Manager of Feng Cheng Xuan: