CLOSED: Fellini

Serves meat, veg options available. Euro-style trattoria serving pizzas, pasta, and salads. Plus weekend brunch offers dishes like vegan benedict, vegan florentine, and vegan french toast; all vegan dishes are prepared in vegan-only pans. Reported closed to HappyCow. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Juice-bar, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by xtribalx
jegraef
jegraef

Love!

4 Posted on 11 / 30 / 2011

Love this place! Their vegan Sunday brunch makes it the perfect place to meet up with omni friends. All the food is delicious - by anyone's standards - and there is something to please any palate. They do a good job and care about their food a lot. One of my standard go-to's.

Pros: great food, friendly staff, good value
pepperka
pepperka

didn't get to the food part

2 Posted on 08 / 28 / 2011

Tried to go here with a big group but I arrived a little late. The host/server guy said he wouldn't seat me; I'd have to sit at a different table by myself. Despite there being an empty table right next to the group and the place not being full. After some more unpleasant interactions I just left. The food looked good, too bad I wasn't able to eat there. The coffee bar staff were very nice!

Updated from previous review on Saturday September 25, 2010:
Okay, I went back last month (July) and tried Brunch again. The staff was better this time, but they weren't the same people. The food was pretty good but extraordinarily salty. I had the pesto tofu scramble and thought it was tasty! My two brunch-mates had other scrambles that I tried and wasn't too impressed by. I'm going to keep my review the same 2 cows for now.

Pros: nice location
Cons: rude staff
Petesternz
Petesternz

Great brunch

4 Posted on 05 / 31 / 2010

This is one of those places that I love - even though they serve meat. They go out of their way to accommodate vegans, and have a healthy vegan brunch section. I really enjoyed their French toast (huge portion), though the tofu florentine was not the best we've ever had. Still, plenty of options here, and everything really hit the spot. I can't wait to go back and try their donuts and other vegan options! If Happy Cow allowed it, I'd be struggling to decide whether four or five cows was appropriate here, but because they serve meat, four it is. Which is fair enough.

Pros: good value
Mimi710
Mimi710

I love Berkeley

4 Posted on 04 / 23 / 2009

I love Berkeley for it's non-vegan restaurants with very clearly marked vegan menu items. Fellini is an upscale restaurant that caters to herbivores and omnivores alike. I think that there are about 6 or 7 vegan options. Their hummus plate is amazing. I like the touch of it being served with green olives. I had the tofu and aspargus dish as my main course the first time I was there... it was way too heavy on the tofu. The other time I just had hummus since I had already eaten dinner but was out with a friend who hadn't. I wouldn't recommend the tofu aspargus dish, unless you want to eat a block of tofu and have only five spears of asparagus (and the lemongrass based sauce below it all) to break it up. Still, the other vegan menu items looked good and I like the atmosphere of this place so I will give it 4 cows. One down side wuld be that it is a bit pricy.

Pros: atmosphere/ambiance, vegan options in non-veg restaurant, yummy hummus
Cons: can be pricy, specials are often not vegan
VeganFemmeChristine
VeganFemmeChristine

Wonderful Vegan Brunch!

4 Posted on 01 / 27 / 2009

HIGHLY recommend it. I tried the vegan french toast and the vegan florentine, and can't wait to go back to eat more of this yummy food! A LOT of vegan options. Totally worth paying a little extra, and the decor is also really fun, lots of black and red with big poster-prints on the walls, reminiscent of a European cafe.

Pros: Lots of vegan brunch options, Delicious, Decor
Cons: Price

mindfulguy
mindfulguy

Great Vegan Weekend brunch

4 Posted on 01 / 19 / 2009

We like going to the vegan brunch on the weekends. Alos like the vegan pizzas.

Pros: good vegan brunch, vegan pizza
vduplessis
vduplessis

finally, I get to eat brunch!

4 Posted on 07 / 19 / 2008

usually going out to brunch for a vegan means eating an $8 bowl of oatmeal, but NO MORE! Fellini's vegan brunch ROCKS-- I wish it were available every day. I love the Florentine, Benedict & French toast.... & I always take a vegan donut to go!

(I'd give this place 5 cows if the rating system let me!)

Pros: excellent food!, hip staff & decor
  • VeganFemmeChristine VeganFemmeChristine

They have vegan doughnuts there?? I had no idea. I only knew that they had them at the Herbivore. Thanks for the tip!

Katka
Katka
  • raw

Awesome Brunch & Din! And meaty friends will come!

4 Posted on 05 / 05 / 2008

Fellini is one of my favorite restuarants in Berkeley: tasty pizza and pasta at dinner, and some truly amazing totally vegan breakfast items that sit right next to "conventional" plates on the menu, so there will be no arguing over "where to eat."

Pros: Dynamic menu, Large resturant, Parking!
Cons: Snotty staff, Busy (popular!)
Yell
Yell

Best Tofu Scramble

4 Posted on 08 / 23 / 2007

This place has the most amazing tofu scramble I have ever had...but perhaps I'm biased because it was CURRY Tofu Scramble!

On the weekends, they have a great brunch....with a LOT of vegan options.

The only drawback was the wait for food and that the waiter screwed up and put in an order for real french toast. (Why, I don't know. The rest of the group had all ordered vegan....so common sense dictates that his french toast was also vegan.) The poor guy got his food a good 20 minutes after the rest of us.

Otherwise: great place! 6 people ate for about $60

Pros: Selection, Parking, Atmosphere
Cons: Waitstaff
secret reviewer
secret reviewer

One of my favorites

4 Posted on 01 / 11 / 2007

I like this place for the atmosphere and the food. They have lots of vegan options. I've had a vegan breakfast plate that was YUM!, and two dinners. One of the dinner's was plain and just kind of merely satisfying. Still, for the vegan options, for the care, for the helpful staff, for the atmosphere and closeness to the UC campus, I really like Fellini's. They're also one of the few places you can actually always find parking at. You can also take the bus there because there's a stop right outside, which I've done.

Pros: brunch!, use different pans, nice staff
Cons: some plates just okay
bavegan
bavegan

I love Fellini!!!

4 Posted on 12 / 28 / 2006

This is probably my favorite restaurant in Berkeley!! The wait staff is great, the vegan brunch on the weekend is great, the vegan pizza is great!!! It's a great atmosphere too... I've come here quite a few times, and I have always left satisfied. There is a coffee place attached too. It is a bit expensive, but worth every penny!

Pros: Nice staff, Great atmosphere, Great food
xtribalx
xtribalx

awesome...

4 Posted on 10 / 30 / 2006

Not much else I can say other than that. I like Fellini and am happy to find an Italian restaurant which you can add tofu to any pasta dish. The
vegan Hawaiian pizza is amazing. I normally don't like the parmesan cheese substitues but the brand they have is good. Portions are decent.
The servers are very conscientious and look out for your dietary needs.

Dear Owner and Manager of CLOSED: Fellini: