Vegan raw food cafe opened since early June 2012. Specializes in local, organic plant-powered food: raw entrees, desserts, fresh juices. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan, All Raw, Organic, Western, Juice bar, Take-out, Delivery

First Review by saveur

Pretty good!

3 Posted on 08 / 25 / 2013

Check out my full review: http://helloveggy.com/2013/08/26/feel-good-guru-restaurant-review

Pros: Location, Food, Variety
Cons: Price

Feel Good Guru

3 Posted on 09 / 29 / 2012

This place smells very healthy when you enter the building. It's also located right next to a nice park. I had a green soup that was good, I can't say I'd eat it often, but it was good for a one time deal. If I'm in the area again I'll give FGG another shot.

Comes with a blanket

3 Posted on 09 / 03 / 2012

I was really excited to see a new raw resto in town but sadly, it didn't quite deliver.

What I liked: They let us borrow a blanket so we could have a picnic in the park. A necessity since there is limited in-house seating. It is basically a take-away resto.

While they rotate their desserts, I had a glorious chocolate cherry cheesecake which was a huge serving and tasted great. I had been pining the mango-lime cheesecake they posted on facebook but they must have sold out before I made it to the resto. It would be nice to have a larger dessert selection, but this tasted great.

I found their juices not that creative but solid choices. Expensive for small containers and they are not made to order.

Their menu looks impressive until you realize their tacos and burritos are the exact same thing, except one is wrapped with a collard and the other with cabbage. And sadly, I found the heat from the ?chilies to be too overpowering and masked any flavour from the rest of the meal. I also sampled the kale salad and the sweet potato noodle salad. I found them too dressing heavy for my liking.

For anyone averse to 100% raw food, I liked that they had some cooked options like soba noodle salads and I think they cooked their quinoa, too.

I hope they work out their kinks.. keep the desserts coming, though. :)

Pros: desserts, blanket to borrow
Cons: heavy, limited menu

Dear Owner and Manager of Feel Good Guru: