Serves meat, veg options available. Fast food falafel and Middle Eastern food place in Old Town Pasadena. Menu is more meat than veg but does offer a "vegetarian wraps" section. Lavash wraps and pitas with assortment fillings. Also salads and drinks. Counter service. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Lacto, Middle Eastern, Fast food, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by gr8vegan
melindaN
melindaN

DELISH!

4 Posted on 02 / 25 / 2012

I ALWAYS order the grilled vegetable wraps! DELISH! A little hole in the wall place, great for a fast lunch on the go or to eat in... hummas and tahini very good...

Chia
Chia

There's veg food but be warned of meat on display

2 Posted on 01 / 06 / 2012

I had read about this place on happycow and had stopped in once when I was in downtown Pasadena. Here's my Father Nature's review.

Yes, there's vegetarian wraps and Middle Eastern side dishes suitable for vegetarians like hummus, tabouli, and such.

BUT, the place smells like meat. I went in thinking that I would find something very "natural" (from its name), but one of the first things I saw was a slab of meat used for swarma (meat) - I think it's cow, right? The meat just spins and spins, and the cooks shaves off pieces from it when someone orders it. Sorry, but that grossed me out.

Other than that, this place is okay for a quick bite of inexpensive falafel wraps. The cheapest one costed only $6. On the menu placed over the counter, there is a section labeled vegetarian wraps with 6 options. Vegans can ask to leave out the yoghurt and any dairy stuff.

Cons: too much meat
toastieyosty
toastieyosty

great for falafel cravings

4 Posted on 01 / 02 / 2010

the falafel wrap is great, with fresh veggies and ingredients made to order. the tahini sauce yummmm too. not too expensive, $5 or $6 for a wrap, and if you have a meat-eating friend i've heard the other wraps are good too so i can even bring my bf here :)

Pros: yummy, falafel!, not too pricy
Cons: the lady is a little rude, have to deal with old town parking, they do serve meat there

pockymonster
pockymonster

Amazing Wraps!

4 Posted on 06 / 21 / 2009

I agree with the first reviewer, the rack of meat in the front was very disconcerting! However, you have to give this place a chance because they have quite a few vegetarian options, and they are delicious! The lavash bread is warm and toasty, and topped with garlic sauce is amazing! Try any of the eggplant wraps/sandwiches, they are delicious! And don't forget the hummus!

Pros: Fast, Cheap, Delicious
Cons: Serves meat, Baklava has honey :(, No debit card for small orders
gr8vegan
gr8vegan

Good place if you're shopping in Old Town Pasadena

4 Posted on 08 / 08 / 2008

When we first walked in we were about to do an about face due to the flesh hanging behind the counter... We wondered why the place was even on HappyCow!!! But I glanced down at the grilled goodness another customer was eating and saw the 6 Veg options and let my stomach get the best of me. We ordered the #1 and split it. Very tasty! I'd never go here for any other reason than starvation while being stuck shopping in Old Town Pasadena. However, the grilled lavash wrap was extremely good.

Pros: 6 veg items
Cons: dead animals hanging, carved dead flesh

Dear Owner and Manager of Father Nature's: