Fata Zucchina - Ristorante...

Nice atmosphere, kind, fast service. All is homemade including bread. Lot of dishes are expressly vegan. Delicious dessert (vegan cakes). Price: Expensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Organic, Western, International, Macrobiotic
via Don Carlo Steeb (Via della Verde)
Verona, Italy 25-37122
045-597897

Tue-Sun 12:00pm-3:00pm, 7:00pm-12:00am

• Reservations required
  • Wheelchair accessible

First Review by woll
rawbee
rawbee

you need to bring a lot of patience and tolerance

2 Posted on 08 / 28 / 2014

very disappointed. The atmosphere is very strange, there is hardly any one. It was almost empty when we went there. Although it was a Saturday night. We had a short chat with the stiff looking owner before ordering but this was not the reason why we came. His wife started cooking as soon as she was given the orders... could watch her through a glass wall. She seemed to enjoy that.
It took her way too long to prepare the food which was not even special. the taste was bland, the texture boring. the risotto was rather a normal rice dish. the vegetable came from the freezer. very disappointing! and the portions too small, which makes it expensive and frustrating. we were hungry and left unssatisfied. very sad... we were so much looking forward to coming here but would never do again.

Cons: expensive, low quality food, lacks atmosphere
daveolsan
daveolsan

Avoid this place

2 Posted on 07 / 08 / 2014

The experience of this place finally inspired me to join this site, which I have been using for a long time.
As much as I try to always visit only veg restaurants - if I will ever visit Verona again I will likely just visit some pizzeria - why? Well Fata Zucchina is over priced, the portions are very very small and the meal was far from delicious. We had the asparagus gratin as a starter which was overcooked. Then I had 2 main courses and so did my wife. We have shared the meals and they were equally disgusting. We had boring risotto with black pepper, some bulgur concoction with dry veg, veg baked with cheese - even that they managed to get wrong (warm avocado yuck) and dried up tofu with paprika :(
The only nice meals they served us were the cakes.
One of the few places in Italy which truly disappoint.
Minus one cow would be the accurate rating for this place.

Pros: cakes
Cons: not tasty, expensive, small portions
Michael R
Michael R

new opening hours

4 Posted on 07 / 04 / 2014

Now open: 12-15 and 19-24; closed Mondays

Pleasant place, only a little away from the historic centre (approximately between Corso Porto Nova and Castelvecchio), all indoor seating.

A selection of themed menus: you can eat the whole menu at a discount for €29 or pick and choose (e.g. main course €10). I had standard spring rolls and a good seitan with a spicy sauce.

My waitress laughed a lot - which made the place feel happy.

peadarog
peadarog

A Perfect Family-Run Restaurant

5 Posted on 08 / 11 / 2013

We ate here three times during our stay in Verona. The menu has plenty of vegan options, but a lot of the others have a little symbol beside them that indicates they can be veganized on request.

The food is extremely interesting and varied, mixing traditional Italian fare together with ethnic dishes. I hadn't heard of most of the items listed before, but they usually turned out to be delicious when I gave them a try.

As for the owners, they were welcoming and worked hard to please. We felt very relaxed and happy there on all three occasions.

Highly recommended.

Pros: Fascinating food., Lots of organic vegan options., Great hosts.
ewecs
ewecs

Nice place, but expensive

4 Posted on 08 / 23 / 2012

I really liked this place. I went there with two friends of mine. I had a seitancurry with rice and a banana-chocolate pie as dessert. The others had a pasta.
Overall the food was very good(!!!), but very small portions.
Since it's normal to have 2 maincourses, it gets pretty expensive (more than 10 euros pro maincourse, but hey it's a fancy restaurant). A total menu costs 29 euros, that's a better deal i guess.
Fata Zucchina is a family-operated restaurant and they are very nice.
Since it's hard to find a nice place to eat vegan food in Verona, it's totally worth it! Do it!

Pros: nice staff, good food
Cons: small portions, expensive
Eyakmek
Eyakmek

great place!

5 Posted on 07 / 18 / 2012

No need for a reservation, lovely place and staff, rich menu, food was nice. Recommended!

Simplesimon
Simplesimon
  • non-vegetarian

A welcome break

5 Posted on 07 / 13 / 2012

Delighted to find this veggie restaurant, now under new ownership, but the food was to a high standard and well served. The family team who run the restaurant went out of their way to explain the dishes to us and were lovely to talk to. A word of warning: it is open for lunches and dinners, but not continuously 1200 - 2400, as stated.

Pros: Good range, friendly staff, yummy cakes
Cons: dogs allowed in restaurant
SergioAdami
SergioAdami

Lovely palce and great organic food

5 Posted on 10 / 18 / 2011

I live in Verona and often eat at this restaurant in the central part of town. The menu changes every month. You'll find a "traditional" menu, based on local cuisine; an "ethnic" menu, based on a different foreign cuisine every month, and a vegan menu. The first two menus might not be vegan, but it is possibile to ask for vegan options. Vegan deserts are fantastic! I do recomend this place to anyone. The owner is very nice, she only uses fresh organic ingredients, wine is also great and comes from small local producers.

pupa
pupa

Vegan Italian !

5 Posted on 09 / 14 / 2011

Just finished an amazing dinner at this place! Great atmosphere, warm and welcoming service and delicious food. The menu is in Italian but the lady clearly tells you which are the vegan choices. I had a tasting menu of four courses 28 euros! Great family style dishes with a nice balanced herb character! One can clearly see the italian touch, each dish carried a different color and different flavor but yer they were all relatively classic. Eggplant and chuck peas with a 'yogurt' and dill sause, touch of mint!
Spinach ricoto to fallow, that blew my socks off! And very simple but yet delicious grilled tofu with marinated veggies!
I'm never crazy about desserts, but the cake they served was amazing with the coffee, which I smelled a couple of tables a way and was totally drowned to!
The place is absolute must. It's not cheap but nohmng in Verona is still one can't get this meal in the states for spending at least twice as much, so I think it is worth it!

Pros: Delicious food, Great local wine sellection, Friendly staff
Cons: A bit pricy
woll
woll

Nice atmosphere

5 Posted on 09 / 14 / 2010

Not far from the historic center (15 min). Vegan and Excellent food. The service is very kind. From your table, you can see the kitchen. Proposes three types of menu of 4 dishes: usual, international specialities (ex. : colombian) and vegan dishes. Each menu : 28 euros. Desserts : cakes. All is biological. Max. ten tables.

Pros: Vegan food, excellent food, friendly staff

Dear Owner and Manager of Fata Zucchina - Ristorante biovegetariano: