Serves meat, veg options available. A family run restaurant in the heart of Galway City’s Latin Quarter. All pizzas are freshly made-in-house to order. Vegan items, including pasta, salads and pizza, are clearly marked on menu. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Pizza, Italian, Non-veg

First Review by janetp
JonJon
JonJon

Vegan options on Quay Street

3 Posted on 05 / 09 / 2014

I agree completely with janetp review. We had the enchilada and the quesadillas, served with potatos, salad and a good vegan mayo. They were good (we find the quesadillas better than the enchilada-burrito in terms of taste) but not exceptionnal. Which makes them a little bit overpriced.

A friend of us that lives in Galway said that it is possible to veganize a pizza since they have vegan cheese but we did not try it. This could be a good option, so don't hesitate to ask for!

In terms of atmosphere, the restaurant is really nice, lighted by candles. The staff is friendly and the restaurant is located on the more lively street of Galway.

Pros: vegan options with cheese and mayo, nice atmosphere, well located, friendly staff
Cons: a little pricey, limited vegan choice, taste of food is ok but not fantastic
CiKay
CiKay

enjoyable

4 Posted on 03 / 21 / 2014

Charming staff and great food make this place worth a visit. As common in Ireland, the meals are not exactly cheap, but big and of great quality. I had the vegan enchilada (about 15€), served with salad and baby potatoes. It was delicious and the staff is so sweet and charming that I would return to Fat Freddy's anytime!

Pros: great food, nice staff
janetp
janetp

Two vegan options on the menu (Mexican)

3 Posted on 09 / 14 / 2013

I was expecting more vegan options after traveling from Glasgow (a vegan's paradise), but there were only two options on the menu: quesadillas or enchiladas. I ordered the enchiladas but what came out was actually a giant burrito. It was all vegan at least but just not what I was expecting. The atmosphere was pretty lively and it's right in the heart of Galway.

Pros: Central location, Two vegan options
Cons: (Only) two vegan options, Burrito -- not enchiladas, Expensive

Dear Owner and Manager of Fat Freddy's: