Serves meat, veg options available. Food is crafted from local, organic, and artisanal producers. The emphasis is on local, seasonal ingredients based on their support for sustainable agriculture. Big selection of vegetarian and vegan options. Weekend brunch. Sun till 9pm, closed Mon. Price: Expensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Lacto, Organic, American, Beer/Wine, Non-veg
15 S 3rd St (Market)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19106
215-627-6274
Closed now

Tue-Fri 11:30am-3:00pm, Tue-Thu 5:30pm-10:00pm, Fri-Sat 5:30pm-11:00pm, Sat 8:30am-10:30am

First Review by naturefinder
hrefna
hrefna

Upscale Locavore Joint

Posted on 11 / 17 / 2013

I chose this restaurant from Happy Cow's listings for a fancy family dinner for myself (a vegetarian) and two meat eating relatives. We all had a marvelous time, and indeed I was thanked for finding such a good restaurant for us all to enjoy. It's your basic upscale locavore joint, but done much better, and with more options for vegetarians, than these places often are. There were only three vegetarian entrees, but I really enjoyed the one I ordered ("A Massive Dose of Greens, Beans and Grains") and the beet and fennel salad I had to start was truly spectacular, if a little small (only three slices of beet). There weren't any non alcoholic cocktails listed, but they were happy to make any of their regular tonics without alcohol for me, which I appreciated. I liked their approach to the bread basket - a man approached with a tray and we could choose what slices we wanted from an array of delicious breads. The pumpernickel was particularly good. All in all, I absolutely recommend Farmacia to anyone wanting a good (if pricy) meal in Philadelphia.

Pros: Delicious & Healthy, Worth the price, Nice relaxed atmosphere
Cons: Could have more veg choices, Expensive
Sweet_Sheri
Sweet_Sheri

Delicious!

Posted on 07 / 12 / 2012

This is my first time visiting Philadelphia. Since not all cities are vegan-friendly, I like to do my research; & thanks to HappyCow I am able to look for great places to eat, before I travel anywhere.
I am visiting Philadelphia with my mother, a meat-eater. I usually try to find a compromise when it comes to choosing a restaurant for us. I was happy to try Farmicia, seeing that there were few other options, & it had something for us both. We both enjoyed our food!
There are about 2-3 options for vegans, & a few more for vegetarians. However, it really is worth it. I had the Stuffed Squash that is accompanied by barley risotto, cooked spinach, & a red pepper sauce. I honestly didn't know what to expect; but it was absolutely delicious & rich in flavour! The presentation was very beautiful too. I was very pleased. I also tried the mashed sweet potatoes, which were also really good. I chose to take my dessert, a Vegan Banana Cupcake, to go. It came with banana ice cream, made with fresh bananas! It was really delicious, even though I'm not used to eating things that are as sweet as that was.
I really loved the ambience! The decor pieces are modern, yet warm. The music is great, with many classic songs. The staff was quite friendly, yet our waiter seemed to forget about us for a couple of minutes. But overall, I'd say it's a place worth trying.

Pros: Excellent food, Great ambience, Not packed with tourists
Cons: A bit expensive, Needs a bigger veg menu
jamber79
jamber79

Yum yum yum!

Posted on 09 / 28 / 2011

Loved this place for a nice dinner out. The drinks were good and very unique. The food was all high quality anf delicious. Very nice atmosphere also. Only complaint is the prices are high.

naturefinder
naturefinder

Here Tofu and Local Free-Range Beef Get Along!

Posted on 08 / 19 / 2011

Had a wonderful dinner here with a group of 6 friends, all that have grown up in Philadelphia and now in their 40's. What brought me here was the fact that long time locals keep saying that this was one of their favorite places to eat.

FARMiCa was a great experience especially if you care about where your food is sourced and whether or not it is organic. If you only care about how it tastes and diversity of menu, you will also be quite happy! The menu offers a stunningly diverse selection from roasted peaches to a grilled ribeye. The menu changes seasonally and always has something new on offer. The vegetarian chilli rellenos that we had were outstanding.

For Vegetarians there is ample selection and made even better by the restaurants commitment to local sourced items and support of sustainable agriculture practices.

The service was prompt and attentive. Our waiter offered our group numerous suggestions of things to try, but was not overly obtrusive. Food was served warm and at our desired pace.

Also do not pass up the drink menu. FARMiCa has an extensive list of special cocktails. Many are made with homemade infused spirits, and others that are simply exotic combinations of great top shelf liquors.

All in all we had a great meal and time. The restaurant is pretty large but because it is so popular best to make a reservation. It is closed on Mondays and serves early breakfast (830 - 1000 AM) on Sat. & Sunday followed by brunch (1000am - 300pm).

Pros: Excellent food, local sourced, organic
Cons: some meat , can get noisy

Dear Owner and Manager of FARMiCiA: