The SB farmers' market was one of the first to (re)emerge in the US. There's a good selection of local organic produce (though not everything is organic, so take care to ask).
This is a lovely market, focused on the fresh fruit and veg, which is a stunning and delicious array of the local bounty! Lots of organic produce available. There is not much in the way of prepared food if that is what you are after. One place was the Hommus Factory stall - selling all different flavoured hommus, pitas, homemade chips,prepared chickpeas etc. All vegetarian and mostly vegan.Pros: really stunning and delicious produce, bargains, especially towards the end , meet the locals
Cons: not much prepared food
We are returning to Santa Barbara for 2 weeks this year. It was 2 days last year. One of the highlights of our 2 days last year was this market!
We have a wonderful Farmers' Market in Santa Barbara. The produce is good, organic mostly or at least not sprayed. The people are friendly. It's also a good place to come & see your friends.Pros: good food, friendly
Cons: would like more growers
- Link to this page from your site. Entry info.
- Return to Santa Barbara Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
- Business Owners, if you see an unfair review, read this.
- Why was my review removed? - details
- Reviews are not endorsed by HappyCow - review terms
- Has Farmer's Market closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
- This page has been viewed 304 times since Jan 2013.