Farmer's Market - Old Oakland

Outdoor farmers' market. Open year round. more-less
900 Broadway (Ninth, in Old Oakland)
Oakland, California 94607
510-745-7100

Fri 8:00am-2:00pm

First Review by P.NutButter
Moneyz
Moneyz

They have it all!

Posted on 07 / 31 / 2015

I love going here especially for the dates. The honey dates are so good, the vendor is the same vendor that goes to the Civic Center farmers market. They also have some pretty sweet deals on corn here. The produce is great :) the only thing I wish I could find more often is cilantro. There is also a tamale truck that sells two different types of vegan tamales. Veggie and mushroom, I haven't tried the mushroom but the veggie one is quite good.

Pros: honey dates! , corn!, vegan tamales
Cons: crowded
P.NutButter
P.NutButter

I LOVE THIS MARKET!

Posted on 04 / 09 / 2008

This was my favorite place to eat lunch on fridays! I typically brought my lunch, but not on fridays. So much to choose from. Vegan tamales at one stand. there is also a vegan mediterranean stand that sells falafel sandwiches, falafel salads, hummus plates, and in the winter split pea or lentil soups. HIGHLY recommend checking out their booth. Another great stand is this indian food stand based out of Monterey, CA that sells various vegan naan wraps. I believe they offer spinach, mixed veggie, and eggplant. The price was 7.50 for a wrap which i found to be a bit pricey. But, the naan is made fresh right there, and is amazingly good. Always a long line. They also offered vegan curry bowls which i had never tried. Hmmm...what else...Great Harvest Bread company sells there (which I think is out of berkeley or emeryville) that has delicious fresh made breads. OH!! right next to the mediterannean booth and the tamale stand there are these two guys that sell afghani breads and dips. I think its called bolani bread stuffed with either pumpkin, potato or spinach. SO GOOD. Really good baklava there as well.

Regardless...fantastic farmers market!!

Pros: TONS of YUMMY VEGAN FOOD, GREAT PRICES, FUN ATMOSPHERE
Cons: limited seating, can be crowded

Dear Owner and Manager of Farmer's Market - Old Oakland: