All vegetarian deli at the front of the Farmers Market health food store. Hot foods bar and soups start at around 10am and is 50% off after 6pm. Hot main entrees, salad bar, smoothies, fresh pressed organic juices bar, breads, desserts, and coffee. All food is either vegetarian with dairy or vegan, but no eggs. Vegans to read labels or ask. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, American, Juice bar, Salad bar, Buffet, Fast food, Take-out
3636 Lower Honoapiilani Rd (Honokowai, near Ka'anapali, West Maui)
Lahaina, Hawaii 96761

sullivusb
sullivusb

Check out the guacamole

5 Posted on 11 / 19 / 2012

Our condo was located about a mile from here so we stopped here multiple times during the week.

Their smoothies and acai bowls were both great breakfast options - a large coconut acai bowl was plenty for two people for breakfast. I also highly recommend trying their guacamole (but beware it tends to sell out before lunch), vegan chicken sandwich filling, and olive/garlic spread.

If you come by around 6 pm they mark all of the hot dishes from their salad bar down by 50%.

If they have vegan banana bread I suggest picking up a loaf - it's excellent.

Pros: great food, open early, friendly staff
Cons: run out of some food early
SynthVegan
SynthVegan

Farmer's Deli Cafe

3 Posted on 09 / 27 / 2012

This deli is located within the farmers market. I tried their coconut cake and some chili, both pretty good. My bf got a bagel and cream cheese and thought it as average. Their store-made hummus and tapioca pudding is also good but nothing to write home about.

Chia
Chia

Best veg option for lunch on northwest Maui

4 Posted on 01 / 06 / 2012

I had read about this place on happycow, and had stopped in several times during my past two trips to Maui. Here's my Farmers Deli Cafe review.

As soon as we had first pulled into its parking lot, I noticed the freshly painted large signage above the store entrance reading, "Farmers Market." To find healthy vegetarian-friendly food is an exciting adventure since there are so few pure veg options on the entire island of Maui (all the pure veg options are already listed on HappyCow).

Inside the store, there is a large deli area with a few wooden tables for seating. The deli area is where the staff prepare the sandwiches and make the smoothies and vegetable juices.

A little further in is the desserts case, hot foods bar with 6 main entrees, and the salad bar to the side. On the back side of the hot foods bar is the soups station, and next to it, a refrigerated case with salsa, guacamole, dips, potato salad, hummus, and carrot cashew pate containers.

My husband I would get several dishes to share. We've tried the carrot coconut curry soup, the vegetarian bean chili, container of potato dill salad, creamy baked tofu & veggies hot dish (with veganaise), and greens from the salad bar.

After our meal, we'd shopped, and take with us a custom fresh pressed juice and a piece of chocolate cake or dessert.

Overall, the savory food was pretty flavorful and tasty. I especially liked the vegetarian chili. The only thing we both did not like was the chocolate cake. The frosting was way too sugary like someone had accidentally dumped an entire bag of sugar in the mix.

My one complaint about the deli is that the labeling is lacking and vague. The baked goods did not have ingredient labels, and we didn't know which were vegan. The hot foods bar has ingredient labels, but they do not state if a dish is vegan or not. The salad bar has a mock tofu salad, but it does not have the ingredients labeled. Basically, we had to ask the staff just to confirm which ones where suitable for vegans.

Overall, this is a great option for travelers to Maui's northwest shore who want vegetarian food and health foods. We went back to get food here several times. Definitely check it out.

Pros: all vegetarian

clark
clark

cute little market

4 Posted on 06 / 06 / 2010

During our trip to Maui, my wife and I rented a condo in Kaanapali. The Farmers Market was just a short drive down the street from us which was so convenient. Although we didn't try anything from their deli, they had a nice selection of vegetarian goods which was wonderful. As we cooked our own meals most of the time we were there, having the Farmers Deli Cafe nearby was a huge win for us.

Pros: friendly staff, good selection

Dear Owner and Manager of Farmers Deli Cafe: