Famoso Neopolitan Pizzeria

Serves meat, veg options available. Franchise chain fast casual pizzeria making Neapolitan pizza. No specific vegan pizza on menu but could get Daiya vegan cheese. See website for other locations. Price: Moderate more-less
Lacto, Italian, Take-out, Pizza, Non-veg

kimward8
kimward8

Favourite Vegan Pizza in Calgary

Posted on 10 / 25 / 2014

Famoso is still my favourite vegan pizza in Calgary.
The crust and sauce is like real Italian pizza, and their toppings are all really fresh. They use Daiya vegan mozzarella, but not a lot so if you want it covered in cheese ask for extra Daiya. You can get any pizza on the menu in a vegan version. The pizza comes out really fast because it's made in a really hot oven. And once, when they forgot to add the basil we ordered, they gave us a $10 off coupon for next time. There is a new location in Westhills near the movie theatre. So it's perfect for vegan pizza and a movie!
Updated from previous review on Friday January 25, 2013

marleybones
marleybones

great :)

Posted on 04 / 17 / 2014

Went here for the first time with my boyfriend on a Tuesday night. I ordered the Primavera pizza with the Daiya cheese. It was really good; only complaint is that there wasn't as much cheese as I would like. Next time I would ask for extra. Service was great and had mango sorbetto for dessert, which tasted amazing. Kind of expensive but worth it.
Updated from previous review on Thursday April 17, 2014

Pros: vegan friendly
Cons: expensive
Torakiji
Torakiji

Yum!

Posted on 07 / 18 / 2013

Very good pizza! I really enjoyed the one in Mckenzie Towne. Good atmosphere and the pizzas are nice and fresh.

Pros: Good staff, Cool dining, Yummy food

Baxter
Baxter

Yum

Posted on 05 / 29 / 2013

Really good pizza - and they don't charge extra for Daiya! (at least they didn't when I was there...)

Pros: Great food!
Cons: There is ALWAYS a line-up to get in!

Dear Owner and Manager of Famoso Neopolitan Pizzeria: