Falscher Hase

Dresdens first 100% vegan restaurant. Menu includes a seitan burger and other veggie burgers, plus appetizers, German and European food, soups, pasta, local beer and wine. Each day rotating choices of main dishes, desserts, and cake. The location also operates as an art gallery with exhibitions, sometimes with live music and has a reading corner with books. Cozy atmosphere. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan, Western, German, Beer/Wine, Take-out
Rudolf-Leonhard-Str. 3
Dresden, Germany 01097
0049-351-30959112

Open Mon-Thur 16.00-22.00, Fri-Sat 12.00-23.00, Sun 12.00-22.00.

• Cash only

First Review by TigerLily+DrTofu
PinsInMyNeedles
PinsInMyNeedles

Nice place

4 Posted on 02 / 10 / 2014

Cosy restaurant if you don't expect a high class atmosphere. As for the food, some is really good and inexpensive (especially the burgers), yet I also experienced somewhat too ordinary (spaghetti with veggies) at a high price

Pros: 100% vegan, cosy
Cons: menu hasn't changed in years
Henry_Flower
Henry_Flower

Cosy and delicious

5 Posted on 12 / 28 / 2013

Falscher Hase is a real gem. The food was great (huge servings, too), and there's a nice 'slightly Bohemian living room' atmosphere to the restaurant and decor.

The menu is a bit limited (mostly various burger/schnitzel dishes), but there's enough that everyone should find something to make them happy. Definitely recommended!

VeganDebbie
VeganDebbie

Delicious Food, Friendly Staff!

5 Posted on 12 / 13 / 2013

It was great to find an all-vegan restaurant on our trip to Dresden and we loved this place so much we came back almost every day! The staff was so friendly, and would often check with us to see how we were doing, see how our trip in Dresden was going, and suggest fun things to do in the city. The soya burger and bruschetta were AMAZING! This restaurant is the gem of Dresden!

HappyFish
HappyFish

Interesting Experience

4 Posted on 11 / 01 / 2013

Very interesting place, nice interior with alternative touch. Very friendly staff. Food is good, though we liked the food at another restaurant in Dresden (Flax) better. We had a vegan burger and vegan leberkäs. Both good but not spectacular. Nevertheless definitely worth checking out.

Pros: Nice Spot, Friendly Staff, Food Ok
Deschamps Jean Claud
Deschamps Jean Claud

First contact good... second... BAD !

2 Posted on 10 / 31 / 2013

I came the first day, I have reserved, and I enjoy, very good food, with fine wine, good service and prices ok.
One day later, I call to reserve, no problem,.
I was at 20 am, and at 20 14 nobody has asked what I want to drink... or. to eat ?
14 minutes is too long.
I`ve gone.
I don't accept.

Mademoisella
Mademoisella

Perfect place!

5 Posted on 10 / 07 / 2013

I really loved this place and it's my favorite in Dresden! The staff is nice, they have a daily changing menu and the portions are big and the price is good. The interior is in a vintage-style which I liked very much. I really enjoyed my meal!

Pros: delicious food, big portions, easy to find , good prices
laurute
laurute

First vegan restaurant in Dresden

3 Posted on 09 / 01 / 2013

For being the first vegan restaurant in Dresden it would deserve 5 stars (for bravery!). I think it responds to a big portion of people who want to eat something quick and easy (the prices are ok too). And for that purpose I would surely recommed it, instead of all the other places that cook meat too. But if going out looking for something special it is not the place. It offers burgers (my boyfriend is more then satisfied with that) and not much more (I would be the one not so satisfied....). We go usually there for having a coffee with waffle (the last time the dish was so nice decorated!). Then my boyfriend might have a burger. We actually miss the cakes, which would make of it the best place for tea time. Please more cakes!

Pros: First vegan in Dresden, nice place, easy
Cons: not much choice, no cakes
AlexVPower
AlexVPower

Feels like home

5 Posted on 08 / 08 / 2013

english below

An einem schönen Sommerabend nach erlebnisreichem Tag machte ich hier Halt und stand vor der Wahl. Bereits vorher habe ich die Speisekarte von der Website gelesen und hätte mich reinlegen können. Die Räumlichkeiten sind sehr gemütlich eingerichtet, es liegen Spiele und Zeitungen bereit und von der Küche bekommt man nichts mit.
Besonders toll finde ich das kostenfrei angebotene (Leitungs)Wasser aus der Karaffe.
Der Preis ist für die Grösse der Gerichte sehr angemessen und überhaupt ist es hier wie daheim!

It was a nice summer evening after a successful day, when I stopped here.
I read the menu on the Internet before and could have taken a bite of everything.
The ambience is very cozy, there are games and newspapers prepositioned and the kitchen is practically imperceptive.
I'd like to emphasize the offering of free water in a carafe.
The price is appropriate for the size of the dishes and as a conclusion it simply feels like home

Pros: great menu, wonderful ambience, friendly staff
NIlsI
NIlsI

suprise

4 Posted on 04 / 23 / 2013

Even if the logo doesn´t appeals to me I tried lunch at the "Falscher Hase" and was positive suprised.
I found the most decorated burgers and wraps I´ve ever seen and they were also really deliscious!

I just tried two dishes and I prefer to give at maximum 3 cows for fast food but in this case i like to give 4 because of the service, quality of food and the lot of love it was made with.

Pros: food, staff, price
PatrickSlegr
PatrickSlegr

Falscher Hase

5 Posted on 02 / 15 / 2013

We visited this vegan restaurant a few days ago. I found it through the Happy cow and we were curious whether we found it with GPS. I was really surprised by the pleasant atmosphere in such a cosy restaurant. We went there before eight o'clock p.m. and it was full of people. We asked the kind waitress if there was a free table and she send us into small corner where was a comfortable couch.
That was my first 100% vegan restaurant where I've ever been to. I cannot compare with others but it made a good impression on me, my sister and my father. The prices are average and acceptable.
And the food??? The dishes were absolutely tasty and yummy! Especially SOJA burger or SEITAN were amazing. The big salad was the best salad I've ever had. As for the potatoes, I wish I could make such spicy potatoes.
I am pleased that I had an opportunity to visit this restaurant and I will visit it in future.

Clafoutis
Clafoutis

YUMMY VEGAN FOOD! :)

5 Posted on 08 / 04 / 2012

Falscher House is delicious... My brother and I ate here on two occasions whilst in Dresden, and he claims the soya burger was the best feature of our three week holiday in Europe! For dinner we each had a soya burger (kindly served without the bread bun to accommodate his wheat allergy) and a tasty salad smothered in a creamy vegan salad dressing, and shared a portion of the spicy potato wedges - also delicious! We returned the next day for lunch, and shared one burger and one portion of chips. My only criticism would be the time it took on the first evening for the waitress to take our order (almost 30 minutes) but the food more than made up for the initial annoyance. I highly recommend the banana nectar!

Pros: Delicious food, Outdoor seating, Pet friendly
turion
turion

Just great!

5 Posted on 04 / 09 / 2012

The food was great. They have a daily menu, which was delicious. They have an interesting variety of beers and even a local cider brand.
The chocolate cake was uncomparably good.

Unfortunately, they may close earlier if nobody stays late. Also, kitchen closes at 21:30 (Sun - Thu) or 22:30 (Fri, Sat).

Pros: tasty, nice location, friendly
Cons: can close earlier than expected
micu
micu

A unique 100% vegan high-quality fast food place.

5 Posted on 03 / 29 / 2012

I have been to Falscher Hase more than 10 times and I never regretted it. You can bring your carnivorous friends to this place, too -- Falscher Hase offers some very good fleshy meals like Satan Burger or vegan German Schnitzel.

BTW: If you like goodies or desserts, go try the pancakes. I still can't believe there is no milk and eggs used to make them ;).

TigerLily+DrTofu
TigerLily+DrTofu

First vegan spot in Dresden

3 Posted on 11 / 08 / 2011

We went to this place on a cold and windy autumn day and suprisingly inside it was kind of cold, too. The restaurant opened only months ago and it feels like they didn't find their style yet. Furnished with plain tables and chairs we kind of missed the livingroom-atmosphere.
We ordered the Garlic Pasta, the Satan Burger and the XXL Burger and some organic beer from the Dresden region. The food was quite nice, although I missed the special taste of "made with love". Maybe the cook was in a hurry or they always prerare the meals in a rush, to me the food seemed nothing special (maybe I am spoilt by all the other great vegan restaurants). Also I was missing the sweets, desserts and cakes they promised in the menu.
All in all the Falscher Hase is a nice place to have a quick meal, but to make it a cozy place, the owners need to put a bit more effort and vegan love in it.

Pros: Good food, moderate prices, 100% vegan - uniqe in Dresden
Cons: cold atmosphere, hectic staff

Dear Owner and Manager of Falscher Hase: