CLOSED: Falanster

Offers many vegan choices including soups in winter season, tofu dogs and cakes. Has soy, oat and rice milks. Every second Saturday there is a People's Kitchen where you pay 10zl and eat as much as you can (all vegan). The profits support local animal rights and other causes. Every other Saturday there is an organic market, you can buy local products directly from the farmers. Falanster is also a fair trade shop and a bookstore (there is a choice of books in English as well). JAN 2013 REPORTED SHUT DOWN, TO RE-OPEN AS ANOTHER VENTURE. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Polish
ul Sw Antoniego 23
Wroclaw, Poland 50-073

Open Mon-Sat 11am-10pm, Sun 2-8pm.

• Wheelchair accessible

First Review by KarolGajda
KarolGajda
KarolGajda

Interesting cafe shop with small food selections

4 Posted on 06 / 02 / 2012

I've only been here twice. Once I had a very tasty vegan sandwich. The next time they had no vegan food. (And I was starving.)

Anyway, the atmosphere is great. The tea (and espresso) is tasty. The people are nice. And there is comfortable seating. If I was more of a "person who likes to spend time in cafes" I would spend more time here. As it is, I'll visit every once in a while to hang out and read. (They have a massive selection of reading material, in both English and Polish.)

Pros: location, tea, atmosphere
Cons: sometimes no vegan food

Dear Owner and Manager of CLOSED: Falanster: