All vegan as of Nov 2013. Offers many vegetarian choices. Small menu; try the falafel and shakshoukah. Near Coffee Museum, Chiapas. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Middle Eastern

First Review by mmmm
LaTia
LaTia

Acceptable and very affordable

3 Posted on 06 / 06 / 2014

I like my Middle Eastern Food and this is not bad. There is no tahini served and that takes stars away for me. It is very economical and it's vegetarian. I've gotten the falafel "sandwich" and the falafel plate. Both were good, but dry for my taste.

Pros: Affordable, Vegetarian, Vegan
Cons: No tahini, No beer
enRoute
enRoute

Tasty, cheap, consistent option

4 Posted on 11 / 08 / 2013

This is a great little place and has made it through several years which is a rarity in this town. The previous reviewer seems to have been a bit harsh regarding their bad luck with service staff; on both of my recent trips, I was greeted and served quickly by the friendly attendant. The falafel is great (if not truly excellent), the hummus is A-grade, and the food is accompanied by several options.

Note that this place no longer has any meat whatsoever, so they are fully veg again (and proud of it).

Pros: Tasty, Cheap, Convenient location
Cons: Small space, Limited selection
Tranaya
Tranaya

Disappointed

2 Posted on 05 / 16 / 2013

I almost didn't have the opportunity to write this review. The first time I tried to eat here, we were asked to wait 20 minutes before anyone would take our order. This was on a busy Friday (mother's day) at 1:30pm--prime lunch time. This lack of interest in having a customer sent me away. I read so many good, reviews, however, that I decided to try again the next day.

In short, the falafel was crispy and tasty but hardly the best I've ever had. The hummus was nice and smooth, and comparable to what I've had in Egypt. The pita bread was freshly made and very good. They also serve a nice tray of pickles, jalapeños and hot sauce, which helped make the meal.

Two of us shared the Plato with 5 falafel balls, a nice serving of hummus and a small salad. It was enough for lunch or a light dinner, and with a cup of tea cost 100 pesos. What I don't understand is that they give you only one pita. That meal should come with two, though you can buy a second for 14 pesos. This isn't the great value that others have suggested.

What I really don't understand is that they had a movie playing on a small tv while we ate. The cook and waitress were far more interested in watching the movie than in serving their customers. It was turned up loud enough to be distracting and interfere with our conversation.

So, while the food was pretty good, it wasn't the hit that other reviews suggested. The lack of interest in their customers was enough to outweigh the food. I won't be coming back.

Pros: Good food
Cons: Unhelpful staff

paulpavel
paulpavel

Surprisingly good falafel

4 Posted on 02 / 13 / 2013

We had a pita falafel and a falafel plate and where surprised by the high quality,quantity and taste. The staff didn't speak English, but that was no prob at all. I definitely recommend this place.

Pros: Friendly Staff, Great Taste
ahronlu
ahronlu

Best Falafel out of Israel that i ever taste

4 Posted on 09 / 14 / 2012

Hand made pitas, hand made hummus and falafel, fresh salads.
Super friendly staff.

Pros: value, food, staff
xvegankx
xvegankx

Delicious cheap food

4 Posted on 07 / 08 / 2012

You pay 50 pesos for 1 pita with falafel, vegetables and hummus. The pitabread is home-made and delicious. So are the falafel and hummus. You can also choose if you want to add jurkins, spicy peppers or hot sauce.
I really liked it. If I had more time to visit it again, I would!!

Pros: Cheap, Delicious, 2or 3min from centre
mmmm
mmmm

best falafel place

4 Posted on 04 / 06 / 2009

i love falafel, but the best one i hade was in this place in san cristobal...
the honers of this place caer a lot about what you eating and making every day frash and delicios food.
everything is homemade (the pita bread, humus, falafel,soop, shakshuka......)
they change the frite oil every day!
the place is very cleen,grate and frash food, good muezic,not expensive and not a formal servise.
enjoy

Pros: excellent and frash food, good prices, cleen
Cons: a bit noisy, not very orgenaise, dont have a bar

Dear Owner and Manager of Falafel: