Falafel House

Serves meat, veg options available. Falafel meals, sandwiches, salad, humus, and other Middle Eastern dishes depending on the day. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Middle Eastern, Turkish, Fast food, Take-out, Delivery, Non-veg
Sehit Muhtar Cad. 19/1 A (Telimhane/Taksim)
Istanbul, Turkey
212-2537730

Open Mon-Sun until late.

First Review by Pasha
hippyjenk
hippyjenk

Worst falafel in the city

2 Posted on 07 / 05 / 2014

In addition to the titular falafel, which you can get in a platter, or a wrap, they also serve chicken nuggets(!) The quality of the falafel is quite bad, I really wish they would improve the recipe. It tastes mostly of baking soda. The only good thing about my meals have been the hot sauce. Even the tahini sauce is watery. I think the owner's son is there sometimes and he speaks English and is very friendly, but otherwise the servers are indifferent and rude. Avoid! [edit by staff] I have been here several times, each time hoping they might have improved. Out of desperation mostly, since they are the only veggie option in the area.

Pros: Location, Outdoor seating
Cons: Indifferent staff, Tasteless falafel
  • SG213 SG213

It's frustrating alright.. Pizza Hut or Starbucks could be a better option after 10/11pm when the other veggie places have closed. Otherwise it's cig kofte time.

SG213
SG213

Average

3 Posted on 06 / 29 / 2013

It's an OK place for falafel in the city centre, but just so-so. Also, the fact that there is a quantity of meaty stuff on the menu is a bit off-putting. If you are near the other end of Istiklal street, the all-veg Kikero falafel is a better option, although it's not open as late and the menu is slightly more limited.

Pros: Good location, open late, Reasonable prices
Cons: Meat dishes, Average falafel, Food doesn't feel especially healthy
Soybean
Soybean

Okay felafel.

3 Posted on 02 / 11 / 2013

Honestly, not the best felafel I've ever had, and I've had felafel all over the middle east. Slightly bland and too moist and the vegetables are limited in selection. Prices are a little high for my liking, too. If you're stuck in the Taksim area and need food it's certainly passable, though, and my standard for felafel are admittedly pretty high.

Pros: Good location
Cons: So-so food, A little pricey in my opinion.
Eric_
Eric_

Great falafel

4 Posted on 01 / 07 / 2013

When living in Istanbul during the fall of 2011, I visited this place several times a week. Way too convenient. Friendly staff.

Pros: Price, Opening hours, Location
twinkle
twinkle

Great place, close to the city center

4 Posted on 08 / 28 / 2011

Falafel house was one of the first restaurants in Istanbul to offer Falafel, and remains the best :) It is located very close to Taksim square and is open late. The vegetables are always very fresh, and they prepare the falafel while you wait (rather than letting them sit around) so be prepared to sit for a few minutes. Lovely fresh orange juice, and I would recommend the meal with tabbouli and hummous! The atmosphere is average.
A note to the reviewers who got sick-- I am so sorry to hear that-- I think maybe you went on a bad day, because I used to live on the next block, ate there all the time, and never had a problem :)

Pros: Good food, Friendly staff, Moderate prices

judgecal
judgecal

Best Vegan Food We Found in Istanbul

4 Posted on 07 / 14 / 2011

This small Falafel cafe served the best Vegan food we found during our stay in Istanbul, really tasty stuff. The staff are friendly and speak a good amount of English. You can watch as they make the food and make changes to each order so you can avoid the mysterious white sauce that gets dangerously close to each pitta.

Pros: Delicious, Friendly staff, Cheap
Cons: Near Taksim Square (hell on earth), Limited seating
  • mristanbul mristanbul

the mysterious white sauce is tahini sauce. it's vegan! i'm surprised you don't know that...

AndreaVeg
AndreaVeg

it's ok

4 Posted on 12 / 29 / 2010

it's a nice small place, the falafel and the hummus are very good and they serve big portions. the staff is very nice.

Pros: very good falafel, fresh orange juice, cheap
kmorgens
kmorgens

Falafel House

2 Posted on 06 / 11 / 2009

The food tasted excellent, but both of us got some severe stomac ache and apart from water there was nothing else we ate both that day.

Pasha
Pasha

Delicious

4 Posted on 04 / 17 / 2009

Everyone who likes falafel and are in İstanbul must come to Falafel House. They have the most delicious falafel I have ever tasted.

Pros: Nice staff, Lovely falafel, Both inside & outeside seeting

Dear Owner and Manager of Falafel House: