Casual, quick service falafel eatery, operating since late-May 2013. Offers falafel in wraps, rolls, and on plates; also salad, pizza, and pie. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Middle Eastern, Salad bar, Fast food, Take-out
249 Malvern Rd
South Yarra, Victoria 3141

Mon-Sun 10:00am-10:00pm

• Wheelchair accessible

First Review by FALAFEL FACTORY
Tiggy
Tiggy

Delicious, decent size and variety

4 Posted on 11 / 24 / 2013

For me as a vegan (and I won't speak for all vegans), going into your average falafel joint can be slightly anxiety provoking. They might get that you're vegetarian but will the bread and sauces be vegan? Sometimes it's as simple as leaving out the tzaziki but not always. That's why it's great to have a specifically vegetarian falafel shop that clearly indicates what's vegan. I stopped to try this place last week before seeing a movie down the road. They have a number of different takes on the falafel and these are available either as a sandwich or a plate with all the meal components separate. I ordered a simple Lebanese version as a plate and it came - as maybe I should have anticipated - with quite a bit of packaging even though I was dining in. At least this was biodegradable. The falafel was delicious and filling, the service friendly and helpful. There are novel flourishes to the traditional and I was offered a lentil and quinoa salad instead of/as well as the standard tabbouleh. Seems like a good, reliable place to return to when I'm in that part of town.

Pros: Nice falafel, Good variety, Vegan options clearly labelled
Cons: Significant non-reusable packaging
FALAFEL FACTORY
FALAFEL FACTORY

As traditional as you can get

5 Posted on 07 / 10 / 2013

Hi I am the owner of Falafel Factory in SouthYarra. We a provide a complete vegetarian menu from recipes dating back over a hundred years that have been passed on from my grandmother to my mother and now me. We pride ourselves on offering quality flavoursome food that is affordable and authentic. Falafel Factory is open 7 days a week from 10am. If you are in melbourne it will be definitely worth your to come in and enjoy our yummy falafel.

You can find us on Facebook at falafel factory south yarra.

Pros: Delicious food, Great value, Friendly service
Cons: There is only one

Dear Owner and Manager of Falafel Factory: