All veg again since 2009. Offer falafels, soup, and self-serve salad bar. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Middle Eastern, Fast food, Salad bar

First Review by Stevie
veganbarista
veganbarista

Not veg, but still tasty!

4 Posted on 06 / 30 / 2012

Living in Easter Europe (I'm from Krakow, Poland) I have come to expect the lack of totally meat-free establishments. This place does serve a little meat, but i enjoyed falafel, fried tofu, and other veg delights. The self-serve salad bar is amazing! When we went, we ordered the Pita: they give you the empty pita and you go to the salad bar and fill it up--WOW! SOO many salads and toppings. I got hummus and several shredded salads stuffed into my pita before enjoying it. And the price was quite reasonable. I will come back everytime i visit Budapest!!!!

Pros: huge salad variety, many veg options
Cons: tiny/litte seating
Miss.Muesli
Miss.Muesli

This place is called Falafel Faloda

4 Posted on 04 / 09 / 2010

For a vegan place in Budapest it's pretty good. There's a huge selection of self service salads and only a few contain dairy products. Most of then are exotic and delicious.
It's open from 10 am - 8 pm on Mon-Friday. Closed on Sat. and Sunday and it usually closes down for a few weeks in the summer.

Pros: Good salads, Central location, Stuff your own pita
Cons: Closed on the weekend, Small sitting area
weevil
weevil

Great for a quick lunch

4 Posted on 10 / 02 / 2009

Busy little place - we chose self service salad, with a wide range of choices, dressings etc. You can choose a small or large bowl to fill yourself. Salad selection included cabbage, lettuce, Greek salad, tzatziki, cold vegetables including carrot, peas and Brussels sprouts, hard boiled eggs, lentils, couscous and green beans. Oh, and falafel of course!

To eat in you have to stand downstairs at a little bar or carry your food up some steep wooden steps to a small eating area upstairs.

We found it great for a quick lunch on our last day.

Pros: Choice
Cons: Stairs
clark
clark

just okay

1 Posted on 10 / 18 / 2008

I might of come on an off day but I got a pretty chilly reception from the staff there. It felt like I had walked into a women's prison. Most of the Hungarians I'd met during my trip had been very warm and friendly but not the folks at Falafel.

On the plus side, the food was cheap and filling. Not the best falafel in Budapest by a long shot but if you're in the area, it's just okay.

Pros: cheap
Cons: cold staff
Stevie
Stevie

Falafel

3 Posted on 05 / 04 / 2008

I went on a Saturday and it was closed. I think it is usually open 7 days a week so I suppose it must have been closed because it was a a holiday weekend.

Hummus bar is just around the corner.

Guest
Guest

2 Posted on 06 / 18 / 2007

It's not a vegetarian restaurant anymore.
They have several foods made from dead animals.
Very sad :((