Falafel Bistro and Wine Bar

Serves meat, veg options available. Fine dining atmosphere with menu that offers many vegetarian dishes and vegan items alongside non-veg dishes. Extensive range of vegetarian wraps, salads, appetizers and tapas, sandwiches, flaky crepes, and main plates. Try the lentil soup or the veggie wrap. Take Sawgrass Expressway exit 14. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Catering, Non-veg
5677 Coral Ridge Dr
Coral Springs, Florida 33076
954-346-3434
OPEN NOW

Mon 11:00am-9:00pm, Tue-Wed 11:00am-10:00pm, Thu-Sat 11:00am-11:00pm, Sun 11:00am-9:00pm

• Wheelchair accessible

First Review by Penelope
NaomiBlack
NaomiBlack

Nice atmosphere

Posted on 06 / 18 / 2014

This spot has a nice, upscale ambiance. Outdoor seating available. Located in the same plaza as a large health food store called Tunies. We came during midday on a weekday and it was super packed with people on their lunch break. Not my cup of tea, but it attests to the excellence of the food. The woman who served us was very nice and accommodating. At the time I was pregnant and craving fries. Unfortunately, however, their french fry machine had broken that morning. She was very apologetic and offered alternatives. The manager, remembered my friend from another occasion he dined and came over to greet him. She was very endearing. I ordered a falafel and avocado wrap. Although it was tasty, the wrap was cut into four pieces and pierced by a toothpick to keep it from falling apart. Of course, the minute I removed the toothpick and took a bite, the wrap fell apart. Too messy. I believe the large vein of the romaine lettuce threw off the balance of the wrap. They should probably cut the vein down the middle or slice the lettuce. Nevertheless, the wrap was good.

Pros: nice staff and management, outdoor seating, ambiance
Cons: packed during lunch on weekdays, messy wraps
LaVanessa
LaVanessa

What a find!

Posted on 05 / 27 / 2014

My friend and I were trying to find a good vegan place in Coral Springs and I randomly found this doing a Google search. As it turns out, not only do they have a broad selection of vegan items, they even did vegan brunch, to our happy amazement. Service was great too. Highly recommended.
Updated from previous review on Tuesday May 27, 2014

Pros: lots of vegan items, good service, not in Ft Lauderdale
Cons: bit pricey
Michael X. James
Michael X. James

A Hidden Gem

Posted on 04 / 10 / 2014

Located near Tunies grocery store in Coral Springs (check out Tunies, they give Whole Foods a run for their money), Falafel Bistro and Wine Bar is truly a hidden gem in South Florida. As they say on their website, don't let the name fool you, this place has much more to offer than just wine and falafel. They have a stellar brunch on the weekends (both Saturday and Sunday) that features gluten-free, vegan french toast (among other things). I'd certainly recommend getting this item as it is both rare to find and deliciously prepared. It comes with vegan whip, fresh fruit and date syrup. So good. The falafels are amazing. They have the standard or a few gourmet options (the cranberry ones are very good).

Service can be spotty at times. One time there were understaffed but everyone was polite and doing their best. And another we had a waitress ask if we didn't want tomato because she thought tomatoes had gluten in it. An honest mistake in most restaurants but a place offering gluten-free options should have staff that is a tad more informed. Overall though the servers are nice and it's not something that detracts from your experience.

Oh, and get the cauliflower appetizer...it's awesome.

Pros: Great tasting food, Interesting food options, Reasonably priced
Cons: Spotty service

ckurth
ckurth

Random visit becomes regular dining destination!

Posted on 07 / 30 / 2013

My husband and I first tried this restaurant because we noticed the sign on the Sawgrass Expressway. I didn't want to try it at first because I thought it was a "fast food" type restaurant. Luckily, my husband convinced me to go just once because it has easily become my favorite restaurant! We go almost every Friday for date night! The outside/location of the restaurant has a deceiving appearance. The place is both trendy and comfortable. A perfect date night spot, but welcoming enough for a Sunday brunch or afternoon lunch. The food is AWESOME! We've tried multiple menu items, but so far the cauliflower appetizer is our favorite. The food always comes out quickly, hot and delicious. There are plenty of vegan / vegetarian menu items to choose from... one of the few Broward restaurants where I feel comfortable/confident ordering from the menu. The wine and beer selection is great (haven't had a glass I didn't like). And the waitstaff (and owner) are fabulous. They are very friendly, attentive and helpful. Sometimes it gets a little busy, but we never mind because they always do their best. Overall we haven't had a single bad experience (whether it be food or service) at this restaurant. Oh and the prices are reasonable - you can leave there spending as little as $20 or as much as you want... But you definitely get your money's worth! I would definitely recommend this restaurant!

Pros: Excellent tasting food!, Lots of variety in menu items for vegans, Friendly staff!
Nicki
Nicki

Waay more than falafels!

Posted on 12 / 05 / 2012

This place is so good. All the vegan items on the menu are labeled (and there are a ton!) and they always know if their soup of the day is vegan. They have falafels, veggie wraps, sandwiches, pastries, salads, and everything I've ever gotten is delicious. My favorites are the "crepes" (they're like sandwiches in phyllo dough), and the sandwiches. But I definitely haven't had everything, which would take a lot of trips!

Pros: fresh food, vegan items labeled, knowledgable about veganism
Cons: serves meat, can be pricey
catercow
catercow

The Best!

Posted on 03 / 19 / 2012

This is quite possibly my favorite restaurant, I feel very lucky that I live so close!

Although there is meat on the menu, this place is very vegan/vegetarian friendly. I especially enjoy going here because I can go with my family and friends (most of whom are non-vegetarian) and we all have something to eat.

My favorite dish is by far the quinoa salad. It is so fresh and delicious (even with lemon in it, which I generally dislike). I've also had the falafel pita and several of the soups. The waiters always bring a sampling of the soups at the beginning of the meal, and when asked if it is vegan, they go and ask to make sure instead of just saying yes (which I really appreciate!)

On the indulgent side, the baked apple dessert and sangria are great as well. And they have the best french fries I have ever had (the oil they use is perfect for people with sensitive stomachs for fried foods, like me)

P.S. I would have given this place a 5 cow rating, but the site won't let me because it is not fully vegetarian :(

Pros: fantastic food, best french fries, sampling of items
Cons: gets crowded at lunchtime, a bit pricey
Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet

Highly Addictive, may need to move in!

Posted on 02 / 28 / 2012

If I lived a little closer, I would probably eat here every night of the week! The Falafel & Hummus Pita Sandwich is fantastic and inexpensive and they have many other vegan-friendly options as well. The owners are very friendly and passionate about the food, music, customers and service. They are kind and generous and have given us samples and surprises on many visits and even donated gift certificates and food for some of our charity work!

Pros: Fresh ingredients, Free wine for ladies on Thursday nights, Friendly staff
Cons: Sometimes noisy, meat on the menu
thrash632
thrash632

Excellent Vegan-friendly restaurant

Posted on 08 / 02 / 2011

They have an extensive vegan selection in their menu that is constantly expanding. Most of the soups are vegan as well. If you are not sure, you can ask, as they are well versed in what is and isn't vegan. Great place for a vegan to bring non-vegan friends. Highly recommended!

Pros: very vegan friendly
vatechkaren
vatechkaren

Great Place!

Posted on 07 / 13 / 2011

Something for everyone! Great spot to enjoy a vegan (or non-vegan) lunch or dinner. They are very accommodating and well versed in what is vegan and what is not vegan. Their Falafel Pita Sandwich (#3) is awesome!

applesplus
applesplus

Vegan and non vegan - just perfect!

Posted on 03 / 30 / 2011

In reference to a previous review to change heading....no reason to. Yes there is meat and chicken on the menu but restaurant approximately 80% vegetarian with mostly vegan soups that are fantastic by the way! They totally cater toward vegans as my husband and I are but have friends that are totally NOT! We love that because we have finally found a place that we can all go together and we eat vegan and they eat non-vegan. We have a wonderful bottle of wine every time we go and hear fantastic live music on Friday and Saturday nights. The owners in addition to vegan dishes they have even created a "vegan friendly" dessert that is fabulous! A place to enjoy as a vegan and as a non vegan as well- Just perfect!

kindlizard
kindlizard

clarify heading, lots of meat and poultry

Posted on 03 / 30 / 2011

The menu on their site has lots of beef and lots of birds. The heading as written is false. feel free to delete once the heading is updated, but as it is now it is not true.

• thrash632 thrash632

Falafel Bistro doesn't claim to be vegan, only vegan-friendly. They have more vegan options than most non-vegan restaurants. I believe you are mistaken.

• thrash632 thrash632

Now that I think about it, you may have been looking at the menu for their sister restaurant, Felafel Bistro The Grill, which has since closed down. This listing is for Felafel Bistro The Wine Bar. Also, have you ever physically been to the restaurant? You shouldn't give a restaurant a bad review just by glancing at their menu online (which in this case it seems that you looked at the wrong menu for the wrong restaurant).

• kindlizard kindlizard

the menu i looked at was from whatever link was posted and i look at menus before i go somewhere. the menu suggested i try something else. has anyone asked/vetted the folks there to ensure cross-contamination doesn't happen? the previous heading was stated differently. thanks for your ideas, i often agree w you

Felicia2200
Felicia2200

Fresh, fresh, nothing but fresh!

Posted on 09 / 10 / 2010

Great place, wonderful fresh vegetarian food! Very Vegan friendly! Terrific wine list. They have just added live music. Call a head for reservations, and to find out who is playing. Really nice place to chill and wind down, meet new people and hang with friends. Friday night are wonderful!!!
The BEST salads I have ever eaten and the hummus and babganoosh is to die for! Allllllll YUMMY and fresh! I just caught them on the news last week! There should be a 5 cow rating!
Updated from previous review on Friday September 10, 2010
If you have been and thought it was small....they have a larger location now!!!! Check it out!

Pros: fresh, great owners and staff, beautiful decor
Jo-Anne
Jo-Anne

Very Nice!

Posted on 12 / 18 / 2009

Three of us went and everyone really enjoyed their food. It's a small restaurant, but warm and inviting.
Mostly vegetarian menu, with a few fish dishes.

Pros: excellent food, friendly staff, healthy!
Penelope
Penelope

Delicious and Healthy

Posted on 02 / 14 / 2009

A hidden gem! Delicious, healthy food, and excellent specials. The staff are friendly. This one will become a regular dining spot for us!

Pros: Delicious & healthy food, Excellent Specials, Attentive service

Dear Owner and Manager of Falafel Bistro and Wine Bar: