Falafel and Grill

Serves meat, veg options available. Located in the old 7-D location across from K-Mart since fall 2011. Vegan choices include: falafel sandwich, lentil soup, spinach pie, and hummus. The decor is basic and clean. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Middle Eastern, Take-out, Non-veg
1317 N Milwaukee Ave (Paulina)
Chicago, Illinois 60622
773-292-8888

First Review by antgirl
SynthVegan
SynthVegan

Falafel and Grill

3 Posted on 08 / 16 / 2012

Falafel and Grill is a typical falafel joint, small, fast, and cheap. I ordered the falafel wrap and hummus and my bf ordered a plate of other items. The falafel was good, although there was a flavor in there that I'm not entirely familiar with and I didn't care for it too much - note that I do eat a lot of falafel wraps and I haven't tasted the said spice before. The hummus was excellent, creamy and full of flavor. Overall the bill was $13 for two people, we got a ton of food for our money, and the food arrived quickly.

happycowgirl
happycowgirl

Simple & Good

3 Posted on 02 / 06 / 2012

It's nice to have an alternative to Sultan's Market in the neighborhood. I think the food at Falafel and Grill is just as good as Sultan's, but Falafel is friendlier and makes for a better experience in my opinion. If Falafel would have more vegan options, it would be even better.

One more reason I think Falafel edges out Sultan's is parking. If you're driving, it's impossible to find a spot by Sultan's whereas I never have a problem at Falafel. If you're taking the 'L' to Falafel, take the Blue Line, get off at Division and it's just a block up Milwaukee.

antgirl
antgirl

Best falafel in Chicago

4 Posted on 12 / 25 / 2011

Falafel & Grill gets my vote for best falafel in Chicago for a few reasons: 1) I prefer the syrian bread roll up over pita for sandwiches 2) they put pickles in their falafel sandwiches and 3) their falafel is delicious and not greasy. Although there is another popular falafel place nearby (Sultan's Market), Falafel & Grill makes much better food for a great low price! Their lentil soup is vegan and good, but nothing super special. The location is good (in the old 7D spot on Milwaukee across from K-Mart) and the restaurant is clean although the decor is boring. That said, the food more than makes up for it!

Pros: Great falafel sandwich, Vegan options, Great price

Dear Owner and Manager of Falafel and Grill: