Serves meat, veg options available. Lebanese restaurant and art gallery. Has a large buffet with vegetarian and salad items. Vegan buffet items usually include dishes like lentil soup, okra with tomatoes, garlic potatoes, eggplant with zucchini, foul mudamus, hummus, fattoush, and fresh fruit. A la carte menu is predominately meat with some veg dishes, marked. Price: Moderate more-less
Lebanese, Buffet, Salad bar, Beer/Wine, Non-veg
3166 Midway Dr 102-103 (Rosecrans)
San Diego, California 92110
619-225-0308

Open daily.

• Wheelchair accessible

First Review by ANAJA31

Pretty Good

3 Posted on 03 / 20 / 2013

We found the buffet to be pretty good. This was the first Mediterranean buffet we have been to although we often eat at other Mediterranean restaurants. We were visiting from out of town so decided to try this. Items on menu were well-marked as to whether they were vegetarian or vegan or not. There was an excellent selection. I missed falafels, but I may have been able to order them; I didn't check.

Pros: well marked buffet for vegetarian/vegan items

Fairouz

3 Posted on 02 / 22 / 2013

This is a good place for hot food. You can fill yourself with a wide variety of vegetarian items. As long as the propinquity of meat doesn't turn you off you will enjoy this restaurant.

Pros: Lots of variety in food, Friendly staff, Beautiful art
Cons: Meat in close proximity to other food

THE BEST!!!!

4 Posted on 01 / 13 / 2013

I have been coming to Fairouz for years and it is by far the best restaurant in San Diego. The food is fresh and delicious and like nothing else in town. The owners and their family are exceptionally friendly and always welcoming. The vegan and vegetarian options are plentiful. Love this place!

Pros: delicious food, great customer service

So good!

4 Posted on 06 / 29 / 2012

We found this little gem after searching the Happy Cow site. Everything on the menu and in the buffet was labeled vegan or vegetarian and the staff was very knowledgeable about the ingredients of each dish. Everything we tried was amazing, including the hummus, pickled cabbage, green beans, potatoes and greek salad. The wine was also very good. Very reasonable prices and the owner was very friendly and fun to hat with. Highly recommend.

Pros: good parking, inexpensive, great selections of veg food
Cons: we ate way too much!

Great for vegetarians, lots of options for vegans

4 Posted on 03 / 05 / 2011

Although I usually don't like buffet's at all, I enjoyed the buffet at Fariouz immensely as did my daughter and husband. There were numerous hot and cold vegetarian (and vegan) options with clear signage for both vegetarian and vegan dishes and the meat dishes were placed in their own small section. Although a couple of the dishes did not look especially appetizing, they all tasted fantastic! The vegetarian mousaka was the best I have ever tasted and if we lived in San Diego, we would be frequent customers. The waitress was friendly, efficient and engaging and responded immediately to the one minor concern we had. The washroom was very clean as was everything else. The buffet was great value for the money and it was a delight as a vegetarian to go to a restaurant that had meat options for my husband and daughter where I could also have an excellent meal that had plenty of protein options (instead of being stuck with the usual pasta and a marinara sauce for dinner). All three of us give Fairouz two thumbs-up and if we're ever in San Diego again, we would definately make sure to eat there! Please note that I would have given this a five out of five rating if that had been an option (it wasn't since this restaurant isn't 100% vegetarian).

Pros: Excellent food, Excellent value, Friendly waitress

Great vegan-friendly bufet!

4 Posted on 02 / 08 / 2010

Fairouz offers a super vegan-friendly buffet with so many great vegan items, and everything marked! Lentil soup, wonderful fresh salads, many hot and cold vegetable dishes, rice, hummus, two kinds of potatoes... so many great things to try. The waiter and owner were both friendly and kind. Reasonable price and good food.

Pros: Vegan items clearly marked, Tons of vegan choices in buffet, Good food & healthy options

Superb Buffet

4 Posted on 11 / 01 / 2009

I go to Fairouz now and then--their buffet is probably the biggest "very vegetarian friendly" buffet in town (they only have a small section devoted to meat dishes). Recently, they have been marking the vegan items (but if they're not marked, the friendly staff will assist you). They almost always have lentil soup, garlic potatoes (those with garlic-phobia need not apply!), 4-5 vegetable dishes, hummus, tabouli, and a wide assortment of salads and pickles. They have a la carte items from the menu as well. The owner (who is a painter) is super friendly (though he's not there quite as often as he used to be).

Pros: great buffet, good ambiance, lots of veggie options
Cons: has some meat

Loved It

4 Posted on 05 / 19 / 2009

Went on Mother's Day and then, because we enjoyed it so much, returned the next week for a birthday. We had the buffet which had a wonderful variety, and tasted very fresh. It was amazing from the Lemon Chicken soup to the puddings and pastry. Then finished with delicious Turkish coffee. An impressive meal and the service was friendly and attentive. It is hidden in a small mall so look carefully for it.

Pros: delicious buffet choices, fresh and healthy, very friendly
Cons: difficult to find, can't get enough

Great Everything

4 Posted on 05 / 12 / 2009

I have been a long time customer and they haven't changed a thing. Ibrahim Nashashibi is the artist of the family run restaurant. When I first came to fairouz in 1990 he would be painting in his studio area of the restaurant so I was able to see many of his new creations that now adorn the walls. Most customers come for their buffet which is awesome and a good value and a great way to taste the assortment of yummy items that they serve. Their chicken lemon soup is the best you will find anywhere... hands down. Their CHICKEN TAJEEN is amazing. They have so many choices for meat eaters and vegetarians. I love their gyros and falafel as well.

John Carpenter
San Diego

Pros: Delicious, good value, great service
Cons: need one in OB, No Delivery

GREAT EGGPLANT

4 Posted on 05 / 12 / 2009

Stopped in today for Eggplant appitizer. Talked with the owner for quite some time. her was very gracious and personable. His art is very inspiring, at least to me it was. The eggplant was delicious (I was a little sad my pita bread was not in the bag) but it was lunch time and we were fully engulfed in conversation. I will definately be back in the very near future.

and i am honored to be your first review :

Pros: great atmosphere, beautiful artwork, lovely people
Cons: serve meat

Dear Owner and Manager of Fairouz: