Expressly Leslie Vegetarian...

A vegetarian Middle Eastern style food stall located in On the Square mall. Offers falafel in a pocket or as part of a salad plate, a variety of salads, 3 soups each day, a daily special, and smoothies. Seating is available in the adjacent Woodstock Square Mall atrium and during warm weather outdoors. Friday evenings live music. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Lacto, Middle Eastern, American, Mediterranean, Catering, Take-out
110 S Johnson St

Evelynmindfulness
Evelynmindfulness

Expressly Leslie's on historic Woodstock Square

Posted on 01 / 08 / 2014

The owner Leslie has singlehandedly made vegetarian cuisine a force to be reckoned with in this idyllic midwest town. Her food is delicious and is the easy, healthy go-to alternative for a mom with 3 kids bombarded by fast food ads! Her website and blog are inspirational and empowered me to inspire my family to Make The Connection. Thank you, Leslie!!!

Pros: Delicious, healthy food, Flexible menu, Caters!!!!
dct
dct

Great Food-Wish there were more of them!

Posted on 02 / 23 / 2013

A tiny little place with a great big heart and fantastic food. I have not ordered anything that I did not love here (except the non-vegan options, they do serve some dishes with egg, milk, cheese) All items can be veganized and gluten-free, all are made fresh with whole foods and amazing flavors. Prices have continually increased, so that has kept me from going as often as I like, but you do get what you pay for. In a desert of non-vegan eateries this is a wonderful oasis. Thanks to Leslie!

Pros: Great Food, Friendly Folks, Can be all vegan
Cons: A Little Pricey, Atmosphere
joyeux_legumes
joyeux_legumes

Fantastic Falafel

Posted on 02 / 13 / 2012

I can never choose which of the amazing dishes I want so I always get the sampler platter. It's more than enough to share with a friend unless you are greedy and starving. The falafels are to die for. All of their side dishes including the carrot are perfectly dressed. The only complaint are the hours. Sometimes it's hard to get here before they close. You will not be disappointed and it's a must try for anyone in the area.

Pros: Falafel, Vegan Options, Salads
Cons: Small cafe, Odd hours

Suzanne Giampa
Suzanne Giampa

Leslie was fabulous.

Posted on 11 / 12 / 2011

She has extended her hours. She is now open Friday nights and has live music.
We enjoyed the Israeli Sampler and Bugs Bunny Smoothie. Extensive salad selection. Will definitely return.

MattyB
MattyB

Great Food, Bad Hours

Posted on 08 / 30 / 2011

Great Middle Eastern food, plenty of vegan options, but very limited hours. Great to go to the farmers market in Woodstock and get some lunch too (although it gets very busy then), but I would come much more often if she was open for dinner.

Pros: Falafel, Salads
Cons: Hours
SynthVegan
SynthVegan

Expressly Leslie - vegan options :)

Posted on 03 / 06 / 2011

Expressly Leslie is a great new addition to the Woodstock Square and probably the only vegetarian restaurant in the immediate area. I only wish there was a vegetarian restaurant when I lived in Woodstock years ago.

So, the cafe is located in a little mall near the Starbucks - it's a little hard to spot, so just park somewhere in the square and walk around. The food style is Mediterranean, so you can compare it to your local falafel place. The owners were very friendly and made a few suggestions regarding the vegan fare. At their suggestion I ordered the falafel pita sandwich and had a vegan truffle for dessert. I thought the sandwich was average and I really liked the truffle. To be honest I was shocked that they had a vegan dessert, in Woodstock for that matter, so one extra cow for that.

Overall I think the food is a 3, but I'm adding that fourth cow for being the only place in 'the middle of nowhere' with vegan food and for that tasty vegan truffle.

mattman5116
mattman5116

Convenient for those outside of the 'burbs

Posted on 02 / 25 / 2011

If you're outside of the NW 'burbs and are looking for an alternative to fast food, then Expressly Leslie Cafe is a place to consider. The prices are fair and the food is served quickly--all without the typical fast food atmosphere. The Falafels were tasty, but I found some of the salads to be a bit oily and tart and for my personal liking (please note I am not a stranger to Middle Eastern cuisine).

Again, Expressly Leslie Cafe is a decent enough place to grab a quick veg*n bite outside of the NW 'burbs, but if you have the time I would suggest a trip to the city instead.

Pros: Fairly priced
Cons: Smaller menu, Food, Limited dining area
BettyK
BettyK
  • non-vegetarian

Great place for lunch with friends

Posted on 02 / 14 / 2011

Expressly Leslie's food is awesome, and it's great to be on the Square with friends in this little mall. The only complaint I have is that everything is my favorite, so I have a difficult time making selections. Rock on, Leslie!

Pros: great food, healthy, friendly staff
nateg
nateg
  • non-vegetarian

The Best Food

Posted on 12 / 15 / 2010

I am not a vegetarian, but I love to eat vegetables and eating here makes me feel great! Leslie makes some of the best food on the planet and I feel so lucky that she is nearby. I have several family members who are vegetarians and they always ask me to order from Leslie's catering items and bring it to them. The sampler's are a great way to sample her salads. Another favorite of mine is the Farmer's breakfast. I also catered Leslie's food for my son's birthday party and the salads were a beautiful presentation. Not the run of the mill catered food, which was nice for a party. This is a definite must try for vegetarians, non-vegetarians, people who like mediterranean specialites, etc. She has the best hummus I have ever had. Great job Leslie!

Pros: Fresh Food, Great Recipes, Healthy

Dear Owner and Manager of Expressly Leslie Vegetarian Specialties: