EVO Dining

Serves meat, veg options available. Full service restaurant and bar sourcing natural and organic ingredients. Breakfast and brunch offered on weekends. Dishes that can be made vegan are marked. Price: Moderate more-less
Lacto, Ovo, Beer/Wine, American, Pizza, Non-veg
232 Chandler St
Worcester, Massachusetts 01609
508-753-1889

Open Tue-Thur 11am-10pm, Fri 11am-11pm, Sat 8am-11pm, Cun 8am-10pm.

First Review by sb
mgonyeo
mgonyeo

Vegans/Vegetarians Beware!

1 Posted on 04 / 18 / 2010

My husband and I are vegetarians and love Worcester for the quality and quantity of restaurants that have veggie options. Today we made a trip to Worcester to attend the annual vegetarian fest at Worcester State College. At the event we picked up a brochure that listed Evo as being veggie-friendly and having vegan pizza and sandwiches. We figured we'd give it a shot.

Upon arrival we were thoroughly excited. The restaurant has a cool look and indeed, the menu is very veggie friendly. I ordered a tofurkey panani and my husband ordered a tofurkey wrap. As we waited for our food we were initially talking about coming back to try a number of other options we saw on the menu. All of that changed....

Our food arrived and we dug in. We happily munched away on our lunch until my husband's wrap fell apart and we noticed that the contents were not tofurkey at all. He had been eating a turkey sandwich. My sandwich was indeed tofurkey, but his was chalk-full of meat. Unfortunately, I had taken a bite of his food as well, so we both ate meat unknowingly. We were both physically sick when we realized the mistake.

For a restaurant that serves so many vegetarian and vegan options, we both felt like this was an unforgivable mistake. When told of the mistake our waitress didn't seem to understand the gravity of the situation. In fact, she didn't apologize and she still tried charged us for the sandwich!!!

Still being charged was the last straw. I, now in tears, approached the manager. The manager was much, much more understanding and apologetic. There were countless apologies and the manager took both of our sandwiches off of the tab.

The whole situation was disgusting and embarrassing. Needless to say, we'll never go back to Evo.

Greta
Greta

Be careful about the "meat"

2 Posted on 01 / 05 / 2010

Like another reviewer wrote, I also received a vegan "turkey" sandwich that had real turkey on it. Not happy about that. I sent it back and the waitress was nice about it. The pesto rice balls were to die for. This place is very inconsistent. Atmosphere is very nice.

Pros: atmosphere, location
Cons: wrong order, not great vegan
Jaymzeecat
Jaymzeecat

Would not recommend...

1 Posted on 06 / 16 / 2009

I would not recommend this restaurant to any vegans or vegetarians. We ordered from them quite often when they first opened. They had a "Vegan Steak and Cheese Bomb" sandwich that we were fond of. Then one day we ordered a "Vegan Tofurkey Rueben" which came to the table with real turkey on it. When we questioned the waitress she said that the cooks assured her it was Tofurkey. I refused to eat it, so my husband took it. We happenned to order the vegan rueben one time after that and the "meat" was a completely different color and texture (obviously NOT real turkey). My husband did attempt to order from them another time and they admitted that the "vegan" sandwiches were made with non vegan soy cheese. If you order anything labelled as vegan on the menu, they WILL flat out lie to you about it. There is nothing truly vegan on the menu.

Pros: none for veg*ns
Cons: vegan labels not true, expensive, uneducated staff
sb
sb

This place is so not worth it!

1 Posted on 05 / 29 / 2009

The EVO cafe attached to Living Earth is awful! The "vegan" cheese they use was not even vegan when I went there - it contained casein!! Food is way overpriced for what it is, and the vegan options are totally uninspired. Seriously, not worth shelling out the dough to even try this place; just stay home and make your own veggie burger - at least you'll know it's really vegan.

Cons: not very veg-friendly, they don't know what vegan means, way overpriced

Dear Owner and Manager of EVO Dining: