Everlasting Life Restaurant...

Organic market, bakery, deli, juice bar, and sit-down dining. Food is vegan soul food, hot and cold dishes. Located in Kingdom Square formerly known as Hampton Mall. Previously named Everlasting Life Soul Vegetarian. Also manages a vegan food truck serving the Washington DC area - see website for locations. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan, American, Juice bar, Buffet, Fast food, Take-out

First Review by ahaus829
beccadon
beccadon

Good Food, Friendly Staff

4 Posted on 08 / 14 / 2014

This restaurant was not what I expected, but I was happy once I understood what they were. It is pretty much like a buffet bar, but they serve you into takeout trays. You can take your food to the other side and seat yourself and eat. Their food variety changes daily. They have an incerdible veggie bowl which you can choose your add ons, much like Chipotle. The vegan sour cream was great, also they have vegan cheese. The downside is that the food is in the warming tray a long time and can get mushy... I got a mushy eggplant dish one day. The desserts are awesome, but not made in house. The mac n cheeze and their lo mein was good too! I went back the whole time I was in town.

Pros: All Vegan, Awesome Veggie (Chipotle Style) Bowl, Tons Of Vegan Desserts
Cons: Food Sits In Chafing Dish For Hours, Everything Comes As Carryout
HappyToo
HappyToo

Tasty Food Friendly Staff

3 Posted on 02 / 05 / 2014

Cafeteria style kitchen with a attached dining area
Lots of tofu items
Vegan giant donuts each big enough for two or three people

Pros: Flavor, Staff, Prices
Cons: Oversized Portions, Tofu, Fat
MelLide
MelLide

Best of 6 We Visited in D C

5 Posted on 01 / 03 / 2013

As a member of a party of 4 who spent this past weekend visiting D C,we divided our energy between the sights and Vegan food we had searched out in advance. All 4 agreed this was our best meal.They offer several entrees, which change daily, and a great range of side dishes.A large plate heaped with 4 choices of sides was about $10.00.Mac & Cheese and spicy tofu points were top favorites. Fried chicken sandwich was incredible, and called for a 2nd to share.Samples were generously offered.Place was clean and staff was clearly thrilled with serving excellent Vegan food.

Pros: 100% Vegan, Home cooked, Variety
Cons: Too far from where we live!!

PeppinR
PeppinR

Worth the trip

5 Posted on 11 / 20 / 2012

Around the DC vbeltway is a non-descript shopping center. Good selection. And the mac and cheeze- wonderful.

Cons: a little out of the way
LauraRach88
LauraRach88

too much nutritional yeast

2 Posted on 08 / 03 / 2012

Yuck. This place was not what I expected. Needs a makeover and some better cooks. The salad bar was all over seasoned with nutritional yeast. The cucumber salad wasn't even good! How can you mess that up??

Cons: bad value, gross food, too much nutritional yeast
Hughes38
Hughes38

First Visit Very impressed

4 Posted on 12 / 05 / 2011

My friend and i were doing a 7 day raw food diet to see how we felt and wanted to go out for food. We found this place and loved it. Had a beautiful smoothing delicious and tofu meal. Enjoyed very much and reasonable price

veganceline
veganceline

A hidden Gem

5 Posted on 01 / 01 / 2011

My dad's restaurant(non-vegan) is about 5-10 minutes away from here.
I recommend-

bbq tofu
mac n cheese
soft serve
pizza(in a plastic container)
lemon cheesecake

i haven't had much, but what I did have was phenomenal.

btw, A lady at my dad's restaurant that ate the typical american diet tried the mac n cheese and loved it!

Pros: vegan soul food, mac and cheese, soft serve
Cons: sometimes the mac n cheese is out!
jonkatz5
jonkatz5

Worth a detour.

5 Posted on 06 / 28 / 2010

Whenever I return from court appearances in Southern Maryland and Washington, D.C., I do my best to eat at Everlasting Life, respectively, in Capitol Heights and Washington, D.C. Without exception, the people have been wonderful, and the food has been fresh and delicious.

It takes wonderful talent consistently to make healthy, tasty and fresh vegan food, and Everlasting Life hits a homerun. I am a vegan, and first ate here in 2001.

Pros: Vegan, Friendly. , Fresh.
Cons: No cons. Only pros.
Warren11131967
Warren11131967

EverPleasing

5 Posted on 12 / 15 / 2008

Everlasting Life is not a place with a few vegan plates, but 99% - 100% vegan, the 1% percent is depending on your veiw of honey. The servers are nice and informative. The complex often has guest speakers, health siminars, cooking classes and also a live jazz band, on select nights. Everlasting Life is also easy to find, being that it can be seen from I95, at MD Route 214 West.

Pros: Great carryout alternative, monthly vegan cooking class, seminars
Cons: Only 2 stores in D.C. Metro area, Complex is 1/3 the size that it once was, no longer has grocery store
travler2
travler2

No worries choosing what to eat

5 Posted on 11 / 01 / 2008

The first time I tried this place, I wasn't aware it was totally vegan so I asked about ingredients in everything. My faves are the Mac and Cheese (it's the best), BBQ tofu, and the incredible variety of cold salads (potato, macaroni, bean curd, mung bean, kale and on and on). Lots of non vegan customers looking for the organic or healthy sources of food go here. They recently changed the format to offer a daily ethnic choice. Chinese, Tex/Mex, etc.

Pros: 100% vegan, friendly staff, vegan softserve
Cons: only one in MD
ahaus829
ahaus829

One of the Best

5 Posted on 09 / 28 / 2007

The "Soul Veg" family of stores are simply some of the best vegan establishments out there. It is so nice to go in and know that I can order anything off the menu. The Brunch is the best I've ever been to. The Mac'n'Cheese is the best I've ever had--vegan or otherwise. I wish I could eat here every day!

Pros: Good value, 100% Vegan!

Dear Owner and Manager of Everlasting Life Restaurant and lounge: