Evergreen Vegetarian House

Very large buffet with over 30 dishes of various veggie curries, fried noodle, dumplings, mock-meats, tofu, steam-stuffed bread, noodle soups, and few prepackaged items. No garlic and onion. Self-service and pay for food by weight/size of plate. Near One Stop shopping mall of Pulau Tikus, east of Jalan Burma. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Chinese, Malay, Asian, Buffet

• Cash only

First Review by allan79
Ajolote
Ajolote

Tasty buffet, menu items okay

4 Posted on 06 / 15 / 2013

I have to start by saying: this place is vegan! Yeeey! okay, that said, my friend and I dined there the other day. I have to say that we got to the restaurant when they were about to close, so we have limited buffet choices. Nevertheless, they were very accommodating. I had a steamed bun and sticky rice in lotus leaf. They were both pretty good. The selection of steamed buns was overwhelming and I am a sucker for dim sum-style foods.

The issue was my friend's food. She ordered tom yam soup with noodles and instead she got fried noodles that she did not like because they tasted like noodles with tomato sauce.

They called a taxi for us and invited us to wait inside even though they were closed. Nice people!

The restaurant is around the corner from the reclining buddha temple.

Pros: Vegan, Nice staff, Huge selection
Cons: Not so close to George Town center
Teppiedoo
Teppiedoo

Huge Buffet!

4 Posted on 01 / 11 / 2013

Great place, although very busy! Lots of choices. Vegan options available. Very cheap! Highly recommend :-)

Pros: lots of choices , affordable , yummy food
Cons: busy , limited parking
vegelover
vegelover

Hokkien noddle yum!

5 Posted on 12 / 31 / 2012

Always crowded bec the buffet has so many varieties! Even the Bak Kut Teh & Hokkien Mee (esp with lots of chillies) is just marvelous! Convenient location.

Pros: Variety of food, Taste of food
Grapevine
Grapevine

Free dinning

4 Posted on 11 / 28 / 2011

Due to traffic jam i was reached there about 8.20pm for my dinning last night.The workers were tided up the shop but still were some patrons had their meal inside.
As usual,i approved to the food counter,there were some dishes left and were quit fresh so i intended to have some rice to go with but it was sold out.I had no choice to ask for the a la carter meal ,again it was no available.
At the moment,a man (later i learnt is the boss) offered me to have the leave-over dishes without rice to go if i did not mind,he said that i could had as much as i wanted and it was free.He was just generous and i thanked for him.
After the meal,I thought than the food was free because it was a waste if through away and took it as a granted but the drink must be charged so to gain a litter profit back and i went to the cashier to pay but the cashier replied me the boss(a man who offered me the food)said it was free and i didn't have to pay for the drink as well. This was astonished me again and what i could expressed was thanked again.what a kind people indeed..

Pros: tasty
Cons: limited parking lot , packed, msg
sundari123
sundari123

Spoilt for Choice

4 Posted on 05 / 26 / 2008

We were recommended Evergreen by two people who said it was the best veg place in Penang. Was slightly overwhelmed by the choice of food - mostly "mock" meats and fish, but also tofu, tempeh and a good variety of vegetable dishes. Very cheap. Highly recommended.

Pros: Cheap, good location, variety
Cons: can get very busy

allan79
allan79

Multiple choices

3 Posted on 02 / 04 / 2008

Evergreen V.H. is one of my favourite restaurant when i am at Pulau Tikus area. The food served in variety type and kept warm at all times. I like their Curry mee very much, yummy! But need more improvement in Hokkien Mee and Laksa. In general, it is a nice restaurant to go as it is located near Gurney area. Veggie lovers should render your support to this veggie restaurant.

Pros: Healthy cuisine, Variety choice
Cons: Small place, Flies over food

Dear Owner and Manager of Evergreen Vegetarian House: