Serves meat, veg options available. Nepali and Indian food menu with some vegetarian dishes. Offers a lunch buffet, and staff can point out the vegan suitable items. Price: Moderate more-less
Lacto, Indian, Nepalese, Buffet, Take-out, Delivery, Non-veg

Mon-Thu 11:00am-9:00pm, Fri-Sat 11:00am-10:00pm

• Wheelchair accessible

First Review by Labylala
Robin Raab
Robin Raab

Delicious variety, knowledgeable staff, high rate

Posted on 04 / 04 / 2014

The buffet has salads, appetizers, desserts, vegetarian and more.
There are so many selections at buffet I could not try them all. Food is filling, discernible, different,
Quiet atmosphere. Very clean. Many selections. Steady customer base and now I am one. I've been looking for a healthy NON- preservative tasty place to eat. Plenty of parking. I just had buffet. The menu has so many selections I do not know what they are.
Everything was superb.

Pros: Very clean, Staff not interrupting diners, 4 page menu, specials & buffet. Wow
Cons: None noted
sferd
sferd

Decent vegan options/all curries are GF

Posted on 09 / 20 / 2013

I called the restaurant before heading over. The gentleman who answered the phone (owner?) did not speak English well and seemed confused by my questions. He put another man on the phone who assured me that the around 60% of their vegetable dishes were vegan.

When we arrived, the 2nd man I had spoken to on the phone seated us. He asked if we were the ones who had called. He was very helpful regarding ingredients. He said that most of the vegetable dishes (except 2-3) could be prepared vegan. We ordered straight vegan options: channa masala (spicy chickpeas), alu saag (spinach/potato), and an okra dish (cannot remember name). A traveling companion eats gluten-free, so hearing that all the curries are GF was good news.

The food was terrific--especially the okra dish. The okra was not slimy--it had a lot of texture and was the highlight of the meal for me. The spinach/potato dish was good, but a bit boring. Channa masala is one of my 'go-to' dishes and the version at Everest was tasty. Our omnivore companions enjoyed their food as well. And, the food was served with a lot of rice.

I would recommend this restaurant. It's a typical ethnic restaurant--kind of a 'hole in the wall.' When we entered (Wednesday before 6pm), there were already a lot of customers. The location (next to a gas station) leaves a lot to be desired. But, it was conveniently near the road to Mt Rushmore.

NOTE: If you are traveling, the restaurant offers plastic containers with tight lids for leftovers. We had some of the 'extras' for lunch the next day.

Pros: Lots of vegan/vegetarian options, Curries are GF, On the way to Mt Rushmore
Cons: Location, Kind of a 'dive,' but didn't bother me
Labylala
Labylala

A good find in Rapid City!

Posted on 08 / 29 / 2013

Before we begin to roam around in Rapid City, we came here for lunch because we wanted Indian food and it had an outdoor sitting that we can sit with our dog. The menu had about 10+ items that are vegetarian but instead, we decided to have the lunch buffet ($9.99 per person). There were 4 out of 8 items that are vegan dishes. The food was delicious! The waiter was very friendly and pointed out the vegan food at the buffet for us. He even brought some food over for our dog! Overall, it's a good place to stop by if you are looking for good vegetarian and vegan options in Rapid city (which is hard to find!).

Pros: Vegan Options, Delicious food and good pricing, Friendly staff
Cons: serves meat as well

Dear Owner and Manager of Everest Cuisine: