CLOSED: Everest Burger and...

Serves meat, veg options available. Locally and family owned organic burger and bakery with vegetarian/vegan choices for almost every burger style offered. Choice of vegan portabella mushroom, black bean, and walnut burger. Organic whole wheat white, gluten-free, and vegan buns baked on premises. Uses separate grills for vegan and non-vegan preparation. Casual and child-friendly atmosphere with wi-fi internet. APR 2014 REPORTED SHUT, PHONE DISCONNECTED. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Lacto, Organic, American, Take-out, Non-veg
91 Green Bay Rd (Scott)
Glencoe, Illinois 60022
847-242-0909

Open Mon-Thur 6:30am-8pm, Fri 6:30am-9pm, Sat 7am-9pm, Sun 8am-8pm.

First Review by veganese
SynthVegan
SynthVegan

Everest Burger and Bakery

3 Posted on 06 / 25 / 2012

I took a relative here for a meal back in April as it was one of the only places in the area that would cater to my diet. They have 3 vegan burgers, a walnut, portobello, and I think a black bean burger. I ordered the walnut burger and thought it was pretty average (but I did like it), sadly it fell apart while I was eating it (bun and all). Everyone else liked their food too. I think it's a great little restaurant in the suburbs and would definitely give it another shot but I won't be driving out of my way to dine there.

veganese
veganese

Best vegan burger around, bar none

4 Posted on 07 / 25 / 2011

The quality speaks for itself here. They did not cut any corners when they built Everest. This is not your typical Meatheads, Redrobins etc... They use all organic ingredients and you can taste the difference! I frequent this place about once a week. They offer 3 different vegan burger patties and several burger topping configurations. All of them are, so far, delicious. The walnut burger will not have you missing that ground beef from your past. Its moist and yummy. They also have vegan buns and fries as well. I highly recommend it.

Pros: veg options, high quality, nice decor
Cons: price may not fit everyone, lack of steak fries

Dear Owner and Manager of CLOSED: Everest Burger and Bakery: