Ever Green Vegetarian...

Name in Chinese is 長春素食餐廳. Buddhist vegetarian restaurant, no garlic, onion, or scallion used in the food. Features a European style buffet with set menus available. Lunch buffet for around NT$450, afternoon tea from 2:30pm at around NT$300, and dinner around NT$550. Buffet features made-to-order noodle stations, a stir-fry section, hot soup, an extensive mostly ovo-vegetarian desserts, coffee, tea, ice cream, salads, noodles, and all the Taiwan buffet standards. Food labels are in Chinese. Can accommodate large groups. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Taiwanese, International, Buffet, Salad bar, Banquet
38, Sec. 2, Xinsheng North Road (corner of Changchun Road)
Taipei, Taiwan
02-2511-5656

Open daily 11:45am-9pm.

First Review by linjamie
Aya
Aya

A disappointment

3 Posted on 07 / 07 / 2013

I had very high expectations for this place, but I wasn't impressed by the food there. It all looked great, but: 1/3 of all the options were not vegan, there were almost no vegan desserts (no vegan cakes), some of the food was bland.

There are much better options for vegans in Taipei.
I see no reason why I should pay so much (for Taipei standards) for the food that I cannot eat.

I would not go there again.
Had I known, I wouldn't have gone to Ever Green and would have visited Loving Hut Guangfu more times instead.

Pros: The food looks great
Cons: Overpriced, No vegan desserts
  • JesseD JesseD

I'm sorry to hear you had a bad experience at Evergreen, as it's probably my favourite non-vegan restaurant in Taipei. It's true that at least a third isn't vegan, however what makes Evergreen better than other big buffets (such as Jen Dow) is that vegan food is at least labelled (in Chinese) and staff are happy to assist, so you at least know the two thirds that is vegan. There are usually a few vegan cakes for dessert. I see eating at one of these big buffets as a must for anyone visiting Taipei, but I completely agree that there are much better vegan options, such as the Loving Huts, with the Guang Fu store being one of the best.

CatherineM
CatherineM

Go there!

5 Posted on 10 / 17 / 2012

Wow, what a great place this was. Everything is in Chinese and most of the time we hadn't clue what we were eating, but the staff kept coming with different dishes for us to try, and really went out of their way to help us. The food was unusual, fresh and delicious, with lots to choose from. I thought the price was reasonable considering how much food we managed to eat; I highly recommend a visit.

Pros: Fantastic food, Helpful staff
camerongreen
camerongreen

Amazing...

5 Posted on 10 / 08 / 2012

There aren't many buffet restaurants this good in the world. As a reasonably tall Caucasian man on his own, someone spotted and approached me as I entered and was very helpful. One thing they told me is on your table you have little clips with your table number on them, you take them to the various places where people are cooking, and they make something fresh and bring it to you. I got some greens (got to keep them up whilst travelling) and some sushi. So the buffet, it will defeat you, so go early, maybe go twice. The quality of the food is superb. I asked if a couple of things were vegan I wasn't sure about when the lady was helping me, but after that I just tried to stick to foods I'd eaten before. Really, you can't help loving this place, I'll join with the 3 reviewers ahead of me and give it full marks.

Pros: Variety, Quality, Cleanliness
Cons: Busy
greentea
greentea

Good value

5 Posted on 11 / 30 / 2008

This is a great place to go if you are hungry! Though it costs more than some other places for just a meal, if you are hungry, it is easily a better value than the buffets where they weigh your food and charge accordingly. The food also is better quality than other buffets in Taipei.

I saw some large tables get hot pots and other things brought to the table, though the typical thing to get at the order counter is sauteed greens. While not as oily as some places, I still found the greens to be quite oily.

When I went, all the ice creams were dairy, though they did have some other non dairy desserts like fruit.

Bus 606 (吉林國小‎ stop) comes very close to this place, which isn't that close to the MRT for now.

Pros: Good value, Friendly staff, Great food
skymonkey
skymonkey

best veggie buffet in taipei

5 Posted on 06 / 20 / 2008

this is probably the best vegetarian buffet restaurant in taipei. that is saying a lot, because there are so many of them. we actually had our wedding banquet here. but the banquet food is nothing compare to the choices you get at the buffet. it will probably take you a couple of trips to sample all the food. they even freshly prepare some dishes for you, because these are no good sitting at a tray for a long time. they also provide a variety of drinks, a salad bar and a full dessert bar. this restaurant is expensive. it is also very popular and does get very crowded on weekends. if you are afraid of crowds in taipei, consider going at a quieter time. i have seen foreigners getting literally stranded in the middle of a crowd here.

linjamie
linjamie

One of the must try place in Taipei!

5 Posted on 01 / 26 / 2008

The buffet offers lots of great food. I talked to the owner of the restaurant and she seemed to know a lot about Western Vegetarianism too(frequently quoting from John Robbins). I was impressed! She also mentioned she wanted to try to have more vegan desserts (even they already have quite a few options for vegans)! She's very friendly and she speaks some English too. Many of the ingredients are also organic. The restaurant is on upper floors, the main floor is a natural product vegetarian store. Check out their website to see the pictures to get a sense of what it's like.

Pros: Many Options, Fresh & Delicious, All-you-can-eat

Dear Owner and Manager of Ever Green Vegetarian Restaurant: