Serves meat, veg options available. Multiple locations serving large selection sandwiches/heros/clubs, plus salads and other mains. Offers some marked vegetarian items and a veg section. Relaxed atmosphere. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Ovo, Lacto, Western, European, American, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg

VeganicMom
VeganicMom

Cool Place

Posted on 03 / 21 / 2015

I was pleasantly surprised. I went with a vegetarian who recommended this because I am vegan, and another person with no dietary restrictions. We all enjoyed our meals. I was very happy with the selection and flair of vegan foods. I ordered Athena's Gift, which is a raw vegan sausage sandwich with cashew cheese, spring mix and tomatoes. The bread looked like a flatbread and was great as well. The flavors were good and I finished my plate. There are a lot of German options on the menu and it was neat how they incorporated it also with vegan and raw items. Will go again when in the area!

Pros: Huge menu, Diverse flavors, Raw foods
Cons: Decor is quite themed.
calamaestra
calamaestra

wonderful!

Posted on 08 / 02 / 2014

Excellent food and service. I enjoyed the cashew cheese with flax crackers and the lemon chiffon cake. The waitress knew what vegan is! Their menu lists vegetarian items but you have to ask what is vegan. I'm visiting from out of town but I will return if I return to Jacksonville.

kimmykei
kimmykei

A Place For Everyone

Posted on 12 / 21 / 2013

I love how this cafe has a complete portion for vegans! Also meals for raw vegans as well. (Including raw and not raw vegan desserts) even though it's not all vegan and vegetarian, their menu options have a lot of thought and execution in their dishes. Some are simply beautiful. (Sally Salad being one) When I say for everyone, my mother refuses to eat anything without meat and loves their meat sandwiches their as well. There you have it, vegan,vegetarian, and meat-eaters can all enjoy. :)

Pros: Vegan/Vegetarian Partial Menu, Great Food, Calm atmosphere
Cons: Slow Service

CRVeg
CRVeg

Has vegetarian, vegan, and even some raw options

Posted on 06 / 27 / 2013

Always a good place.

Pros: Vegetarian, Raw, and Vegan, Many options, Multiple locations around Jax
Cons: Restaurant is dated, Small, Never spectacular service
aveganjourney
aveganjourney

Vegan and raw items right on the menu.

Posted on 07 / 18 / 2011

In Jacksonville, Veg options are limited but do exist. You just need to do a little research. I'm giving European street 5 stars because of the menu! There are options and items on their menu at all of their locations. The vegan food is good but not stellar. Check the menu out! The atmosphere is casual and is packed at lunch time with lots of business people. It's a casual and warm atmosphere and no need to dress up.

Collin.sandoe
Collin.sandoe

Great option with options.

Posted on 06 / 13 / 2011

When you first walk into European Street Cafe, it feels as though it is typical. Giving it a second look you find that it is a progressive cafe with many vegan, vegetarian, gluten free and raw dishes that will surprise the typical eater. This family owned and operated restaurant sports an impressive menu full of a wide variety of fares. Aside from the small logo for vegan and raw/gf/vegan dishes, there is a tremendous vegetarian section of twelve items, half of them with the raw/gf/vegan logo of the local business Shakti. I chose one such entree: the bean burrito wrap. It had cashew cheese, salsa, tomato, lettuce, in a raw spinach tortilla. It was served with thoroughly washed grapes, a pickle and house made raw corn chips. It was wonderful. I complimented my meal with the mouth watering raw chocolate mocha cheesecake in the display case.
The decor of the cafe is nice, aside from the lavender walls. The bathrooms spotless and the servers are prompt and friendly. There is even a small side shoppe with a wide variety of beer and wine from which to choose. Overall it was a bit pricey ($12 for my burrito), however you get what you pay for and the food was healthy and tasty. Hope to travel there again soon.

Pros: Healthy and tasty, Wide selection, Clean and friendly
Cons: Purple walls, Musty smell, Bit pricy

Dear Owner and Manager of European Street Cafe: