Serves meat, veg options available. Family-run Indian food cafe with some vegetarian food like dahl and a spicy veg wrap. The kitchen segregates meat from veg food. Dairy is used, so vegans should specify. Seats 24, has wi-fi. Located a block from the cruise ship docks near Prince George Wharf in downtown Nassau. Price: Moderate more-less
Lacto, Indian, Non-veg

First Review by roscoelliott
vmccrea
vmccrea

Must Try!

4 Posted on 05 / 06 / 2014

Great overall experience dinning in At Euro-Tandoor! Personalized service, hospitable, great Veggie food!

trueaubrey
trueaubrey

Friendly and Delicious

4 Posted on 02 / 24 / 2014

We stumbled upon this place while walking around Naussau during a cruise ship stop to the Bahamas. The service was amazing, ask for suggestions on the food, because I truly believe we got the best of the menu by doing this. Family owned and operated and by the time we left we felt like we were old friends! Strongly suggest going here, especially if you are looking for a break from the non-veg friendly cruise ship food. :) I can only give 4 stars since they are technically non-veg, but they had an entire veg menu and would give them 5 if I could.

Pros: Friendly, Delicious
FromVegtoVegan
FromVegtoVegan

not great, but thankful for vegan food

3 Posted on 12 / 28 / 2013

The service was horribly slow. They kept apologizing and saying they were understaffed, but there were plenty of people there and not many customers. We waited forever for our mediocre food. However, staff was very nice and polite. It was one of a very few restaurants open Christmas Day and did have multiple vegan options. Also, free wifi, but you have to ask. Also, they will ask how spicy you want it and then make it as spicy as they want. My "mild" dish was even spicier than my friend's "medium."

Pros: vegan options, nice staff , wifi
Cons: food only mediocre , sloooow service

Goddess9
Goddess9

Appalling!

1 Posted on 04 / 01 / 2013

My husband and I were shocked and disgusted by the "food" we were served on 3/28/2013 at this restaurant. The vegetarian dishes(Dal and Bhindi)were greasy, and the vegetables were obviously from a frozen bag- which would explain the tops floating in the soggy offering. The cooking technique lacked style and basic skill. The owner manager was pushy, and kept trying to force us to order more. We spent $54 on a simple lentil and vegetable meal- and left famished, angry and utterly disgusted. Do not go there if you want value for your money, and to be treated with the respect a customer is due.

TinTin
TinTin

A bit of Vegan in Nassau

4 Posted on 03 / 12 / 2013

My wife and I recently visited this establishment, after visiting HappyCow and without judgement on the decor, we were pleased with the dinner. The whole family was present in the restuarant and very personable.It was nice to know they were aware of the Vegan diet and separated kitchenware accordingly. The food was tasty and based on alternative eating places for non meat eaters in Nassau , this was more than satisfactory. It would be nice to have the look of the inside feel inviting & "Indian " as it would complete the trio of good food , good service and good ambiance. But don't let the inside deter you . Enjoy two out of three !!
G & N

Pros: location, vegan selection, nice owners
Cons: ambiance
roscoelliott
roscoelliott

Euro-Tandoor a haven for vegetarians in Nassau

4 Posted on 12 / 09 / 2012

I submitted the Euro-Tandoor listing so won't elaborate too much further, but I hope you will visit and write your own impressions. Happy Cow changed some of my original submission so it's more fact-based (e.g.: I said vegan options available, they made it more of a warning like "watch out for the dairy" :-), and I can understand why, the listing isn't a review, so let me say a few more words about this wonderful oasis in a city without many veg options. They do indeed serve meat, but being from India where a substantial portion of the population is committed vegetarians, they truly do know how to make great vegetarian food, and are also happy to ensure vegans' needs are met. The food is absolutely delicious - unlike the Indian food served in a more well-known establishment in Nassau called Taj Mahal which we suggest you avoid. Euro-Tandoor has a whole section of the menu with vegetarian listings - veg food is not an afterthought, and they respect the purity of your food by not using the same pots or utensils as meat dishes, because they know not only how to cook it right, they understand the spirit of the food. Not only will you be well fed (although since everything in The Bahamas is imported, so prices are relatively high and portions not huge), but you'll feel at home - the daughter owns the cafe / bar / restaurant, but her father helps her run things for now as she's has a little boy who's about a year old - yes, you'll feel like you're a part of the family eating here! Anyway, if you're in Nassau, give Euro-Tandoor a try, my wife and I spent three days there trying to find decent food and this place really stands out (and she's a real foodie and veg for 51 years who owns her own veg. cafe, so she knows good veg food!). The food really is delicious. Enjoy, and please write a review of your own when you've experienced their fare! Tell Govind that Ross & Kat from Canada and Happy Cow sent you :-)

Pros: Friendly staff, Great food, Veg in spirit despite meat on menu

Dear Owner and Manager of Euro-Tandoor: