Eurasia Restaurante...

Serves meat, veg options available. Formerly all veg, but added meat per Aug 2010 report. All-you-can-eat mostly vegetarian buffet. Has vegan desserts and could fill take-away boxes. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Chinese, Buffet, Take-out, Non-veg
Rua Almeida Garret nú3, Areias de S. João (Algarve)
Albufeira, Portugal

Call for hours - tell us

First Review by hack_man
Epstein
Epstein

Great value

Posted on 08 / 15 / 2014

A buffet style restaurant with many choices of satisfying and tasty dishes. My only criticism is that the food tended to be not hot enough so we asked for it to be heated. Reasonably priced and well worth the effort.

Pros: Great food, Good value, Pleasant outdoor sitting
Cons: Includes meat, Food tended to not be hot enough
Shev2
Shev2

Delicious, fresh buffet

Posted on 12 / 14 / 2013

We visited here in July 2013 and I brought along my family, two of whom are not veggie/ vegan. The food was really good, it was fresh and plentiful. The owner recommended the vegan options and I had a full plate which was really delicious. It was so nice to find a vegan food option with lots of choice and even offered a dessert ( we found Portugal a bit of a struggle for vegan food).
Will definitely return one day.

Pros: Good value, Fresh food, Nice options
Stevie
Stevie

Eurasia, Albufeira

Posted on 06 / 03 / 2013

I had lunch here today. Its a great value buffet. I asked what was vegan in my sub abysmal Portuguese. The waitress seemed to understand me perfectly and told me not to the have the lasagne, the croquettes and a couple of other things. The rice was like a rissoto, the spuds were garnished with oil and rosemary, there was plenty choice of salads and also a tofu dish and also a soya type dish. It was great and from what I have seen is easily the best option for veg*ns in Albufeira.

The restaurant is a perfectly nice place to eat and the waitress staff was fine. Its a shame its no longer all vego and also the limited hours of opening aren't great.

Pros: Great food, Great value
Cons: Not 100% vego, Limited opening hours

Scooby Doo
Scooby Doo

Worth a visit to tourist land!

Posted on 04 / 18 / 2012

We actually went to Albuferia twice specifically to visit this place and it was great. Quite tricky to find but parking available right outside. Really cheap tasty food served in buffet, all you can eat style. We went at lunchtime in April when it was open from midday to 3pm but this can change. It wasn't open in the evenings yet but the lady said it was about to change. Our only advice is that you should really double check the vegan options as on our first visit we were told by one lady what all the vegan options were only to find on our second visit by the other lady that some of the things we had eaten last time were not vegan. A bit of a shame so make sure that nothing is lost in the translation! All in all, well worth a visit for tasty, cheap food at a place with a great atmosphere.

Pros: Tasty, Cheap, Good atmosphere
Cons: Double check vegan, Tricky to find
  • Scooby Doo Scooby Doo

So we returned to Eurasia again this April and managed to fit in three visits in our three week long trip despite the 2 hour round trip to get there from where we were camping. It was as lovely as before. We decided this time to blog about Eurasia on our vegan blog - http://www.driftwoodvegans.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/eurasia-vegetarian-restaurant.html

hack_man
hack_man

Absolutely Stunning

Posted on 02 / 19 / 2009

We visited on Tuesday 17 February 2009 on a day out to Albufeira especially to find this place. It is amazing, the food is sensational, very imaginative and creative cooked by an inspirational woman. We spoke to her and she was so proud of her work showing us photographs of her fantastic creations talking at length about vegetarianism in general. The lunchtime buffet (12-3) daily except Sundays (open Sundays in Summer months) is superb value at €6.50 per person to eat as much as you want. The choice is breathtaking and is a fusion of oriental and european tastes. I would say this was a gourmet buffet of the highest standard that would put the typical British wedding buffet to ridicule. The location is near the main Albufeira strip where all the British bars are. I will definitely come here again when in the beautiful Algarve.

Pros: amazing fusion of food, decor, staff

Dear Owner and Manager of Eurasia Restaurante Vegetariano: