Natural food market is a large, bright space. Stocks whole foods in bulk, organic foods and environmentally friendly cleaning products, and more. Previously named Eumarrah Wholefoods. more-less

First Review by veganik
Bridget May
Bridget May

My favourite local grocer

5 Posted on 03 / 14 / 2014

Friendly staff, wide range of organic produce, my local store. Highly recommended.

CassyCow
CassyCow

Eumarrah

4 Posted on 11 / 14 / 2013

Best selection of vegan cheez, No Muh is a very flavorful option and has great texture and meltability!

Pros: Stocks vegan yoghurt, Vegan cheese, Hard to find bulk items
Cons: Expensive, Sells meat
aimeebound
aimeebound

Good Range

4 Posted on 05 / 23 / 2012

Great range of bulk food items, including grains, flours, breakfast cereals, pulses, nuts and spices.

Good range of organic (certified and locally-grown organic) fruit and vegies.

Good range of packaged foods, some of which are a bit on the pricy side compared to other stores.

They've recently increased their vegan range which is great, and have lots of refrigerated options including tofu, tempeh, burgers, dips, cheeses, etc. Good range of vegan grocery items and toiletries too!

Pros: friendly staff, good range

imo
imo

Reliable Wholefoods in Hobart

2 Posted on 12 / 21 / 2010

I used to be quite fond of Eumarrah but over the last few years its become just a little bit of a wank (excuse my crudeness). There is a good range of wholefoods, organics and general hard to find stuff but it is overpriced (especially the veggies for Tasmania) and the staff can be a little bit rude sometimes. There are plenty of good greengrocers around though so its not a huge issue. I'd recommend doing veggie shopping elsewhere and groceries here. I haven't tried out many alternatives though so I don't know if this is normal for Hobart.

They also, disgustingly, now sell flesh- which can be a bit off-putting to say the least.

Haven't tried the cafe food but I think some of it (?) is vegan.

Pros: Good range, Quality stock, Knowledgeable(ish) staff
Cons: FLESH on sale, Limited Parking, Bit of a wank
vegan_simon
vegan_simon

Sadly no longer all vegetarian

1 Posted on 04 / 07 / 2010

I noticed last week that this shop now stocks animal meat in the cold section. Such a disappoint.

• Gabe Gabe

Really? A 1-star rating just because they sell meat? I don't know how thing work in Australia, but in the States I'd be hard pressed to find any grocery store or even co-op that didn't sell any meat whatsoever. If I were to boycott every establishment that sold meat, I would actually be spending much more money on food and eating much less healthy than I do currently. This rating just seems vindictive to me.

• vegan_simon vegan_simon

Yes really, i decided to give that store a one-star rating because it sells meat. Yes, i'm a bit harder on them than the reviewer above me who gave it a two-star rating, but that's my value system. Yes, Australia is not the same as the USA. Far from it. There are plenty of places to shop in Australia that don't sell murdered animal parts, and I therefore give such stores a higher rating because of that. Hobart in particular has other stores and markets, etc, that don't stock animal meat. By judging me according to your supposedly American standards (when you claim that you don't even know how things work in Australia), perhaps you are the one who is being vindictive, or at the very least ignorant and condescending ??

veganik
veganik

No longer all veg, but still a good place to shop

4 Posted on 11 / 06 / 2009

Good value organic veggies, and one of the best bulk food selections I've seen. The cafe has opened now, and has a well thought-out and healthy menu, with something for everyone.

Pros: good selection
Cons: meat on display in the fridge now

Dear Owner and Manager of Eumarrah Organic and Natural Food: