Full-service vegan restaurant featuring home-style fare; weekend brunch menu 9am-3pm; regular menu 12-11pm. Free wi-fi. Current location since fall 2012; previously on N Orange Ave Ste 101. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan, American, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Catering

gwild
gwild

gorgeous vegan restaurant

Posted on 12 / 22 / 2014

The restaurant is gorgeous. I love the painted concrete floors. The servers were very friendly and service was quick.
My daughter had the tofu tortellini with a creamy mushroom sauce and spinach. She rated it 4. She said it had a bit too much sauce. My son had the Hippy wrap with hummus, sprouts tomatoes and lettuce and rated it a 4.
My husband had the Coconut curry wrap and rated it a perfect 5. He loved the combination of the dressing with the raisins tofu and walnuts. He also loved the fresh coleslaw on the side.
I had the Chikun bruschetta sandwich with a side of mashed potatoes and gravy for $11. I rate it 4.5.
It is nice to find a 100% vegan restaurant and order whatever we want with no worries.

Updated from previous review on Monday December 22, 2014

Pros: atmosphere, friendly fast service
KatiBrucki
KatiBrucki

Great Food!

Posted on 11 / 25 / 2014

I really love the food at Ethos. Went there with my boyfriend and both of us had to take appetizers, entree and dessert as everything was really great! Will definately go there again.

gigbuilder
gigbuilder

Vegan cooking goes mainstream

Posted on 10 / 19 / 2014

We've heard a lot about this North Orlando restaurant so decided to try it out during our next visit to the city.

Ethos is a model for what a mainstream vegan restaurant should be: Its large, modern, clean, has a real bar, bakery, and a menu that will please even the biggest meat eaters.

My wife and I arrived around noon on a Saturday and were lucky to find a table. Within ten minutes of our arrival there was a 20 minute waiting list -- for VEGAN food!! After reading the menu I understood why.

Most of the food items are similar to what you would find at a Cracker Barrel or family-style restaurant, but without the cruelty (no animal products, byproducts, etc).

That being said, understand that you are eating comfort food (however, there are a number of very healthy items on the menu as well) which is why your hardcore vegan will probably not like it.

I ordered the special of the day, a "chikin" gyro, which was absolutely amazing. My wife and I also split two sides: bruschetta and garlic knots, which came with a very good vegan cheeze. Both were loaded with oil, salt, and vegan butter, but very tasty.

We left with a dozen cookies which didn't last long, even sharing with our non-vegan friends.

Ethos could easily franchise and meat eaters wouldn't even know they are eating 100% plant-based foods, so this is a place you can take just about anyone for a very good meal in a great atmosphere.

My only complaint is they should reformulate many of their recipes to use less oil, salt, and butter.
Updated from previous review on Sunday October 19, 2014

Pros: Outstanding Atmosphere, Large, Diverse Menu, Delicious Food
Cons: Too much Oil & Salt

Raesock
Raesock

Yum!

Posted on 10 / 11 / 2014

We were in Orlando for two nights, and ate here both of them! They had a great looking menu, it was hard to pick what to eat. I got the mac and cheese and peas with seitan added and it was so delicious. My husband got the chicken pot pie both nights because it was so good. If we lived in town we would be here all the time. The service was great, the price was reasonable, no complaints at all!

Pros: food, menu, resonalbe prices
nicoteragator
nicoteragator

Non Vegans be advised

Posted on 10 / 05 / 2014

I have been plant based for a year and visited Ethos about 3 months ago alone. I am also oil free (brought my lipid panel to normal) so I asked for an oil free lunch suggestion. They recommended the hummus veggie wrap. It was awesome. Just today I brought my wife and daughter who are not vegan, and we asked what they recommended for first timers. Our waitress suggested a pesto pasta dish. Both did not like the lack of flavor. She was very nice and took back the dishes and did not charge for them. I was still a little upset that she did not make a effort to offer a different dish for them to eat with me that evening so after paying the bill, I did tip as if I paid for all three dinners, I went to the bakery side and grabbed some cookies and told the person at the counter what happened. He said the waitress made a poor choice and should have offered the Eggplant dish which had mashed potatoes and gravy with asparagus. He said her mistake is to offer a non vegan a cheesy substitution that they will immediately make comparison to, and not meet their expectations. He was right and I just thought all should know this if bringing a non-vegan for the first time.
Updated from previous review on Sunday October 05, 2014

Pros: clean, good variety, goos service
Cons: not all waitresses are consistent
Aurelia13
Aurelia13

Best vegan food in Orlando!

Posted on 09 / 01 / 2014

This is, hands down, my favorite vegan restaurant. Their food is always delicious! I would recommend ANYTHING from the menu. I just wish brunch was served anytime, not just on weekends. Their cowboy cookies are really good too, so don't miss the bakery counter.

Pros: Amazing food, Great menu, Good location
akoot
akoot

craving it since

Posted on 08 / 03 / 2014

I went here with my parents and friend, all of whom are not keen on vegan food, but they gave it a try. they were amazed by the sausage rolls, as was I. Everything is just exquisite. The atmosphere is so hip and cool, the workers and all. Definitely recommend the coconut curry wrap and the chocolate milkshake. so good, cant wait to return

Pros: serves alcohol
sophiefrenchfry
sophiefrenchfry

yummy eggplant

Posted on 07 / 28 / 2014

Ethos lived up to the hype. I went here with three meat-eaters tonight, one of whom was eating at a vegan restaurant for the first time. We all loved the food, especially the eggplant!

Pros: great variety
Imriela
Imriela

Great

Posted on 07 / 27 / 2014

An all vegan kitchen with a varied selection on their menu? Always a great thing as long as their kitchen is good at cooking the dishes. Well, Ethos delivers! From vegan sandwiches to pizzas, burgers, shepherds pies, and some comfort foods. They even do breakfast foods during brunch times. Great for vegans and meat eaters; there's something for everyone on the menu here. Enjoy

Aworm
Aworm

Great food and staff

Posted on 07 / 25 / 2014

I have had nearly everything on the menu there and mostly everything is delicious. My favorite (and you have to try) is the Coconut Curry wrap.
Whenever we have company in town, the first place we bring them to is Ethos, and they are always pleasantly surprised. I'm moving to Portland in 2 months, and even though Portland is definitely not lacking vegan restaurants, I'll miss Ethos and that Coconut wrap!
The staff is always great to us! I have two very noisy kids who seem to spill their drinks every single time we go to Ethos, and we are still always treated with respect and kindness.
Whenever I return to Orlando, Ethos will be on my top priority list of visiting again.

TheVeganVagabond
TheVeganVagabond

Exactly what we wanted!

Posted on 07 / 07 / 2014

My husband and I were visiting Orlando for a 5-day conference and went to Ethos 3 times! Comfort food in a family-friendly environment. We'll definitely go back next time we're in town.

Pros: Delicious Food, Location
okwdvc
okwdvc

Great place!

Posted on 07 / 04 / 2014

We recently visited Ethos. We had been to the old location many times, but this was our first visit to their Winter Park restaurant. Loved the restaurant so much more than the Orlando location. So many more choices on the menu. I could do without all the "fake" type foods, but there were still many other options. Between the four of us, we ordered a large array of different items and all of it was top notch except the "chicken" noodle soup which was a bowl of mushy noodles and terrible tasting broth. The mashed potatoes were outstanding and my son had to order a second helping! Everything else was great. Will definitely return again.

Pros: Great atmosphere , Decent prices, Great food
Cons: Too many "fake" food options
feorag
feorag

Food great, staff variable

Posted on 06 / 23 / 2014

This is the only place we have visited twice on this trip so far, first for a regular lunch, the second for Sunday brunch. Being from the UK, we were both amused by the old British Railways sign that greets you on entry.

On the first visit, the Omnivore, who is diabetic, asked for and was pleased to get, unsweetened iced tea. I was driving and had to pine at the interesting craft beer menu. I had a cup of black bean soup followed by the daily special, a Buffalo "chicken" wrap; the Omnivore had boxty ("Oh, it's Irish latkes!") and a calzone. All was good, and tasty, but I was still hungry and opted for dessert - the Ethos Sundae. Omnivore was asked, and explained they weren't having dessert because they couldn't. The dessert still came with two spoons. On this occasion, our server had also been back three or four times to ask if everything was okay, interrupting our conversation to do so.

The second visit we had a much. much better server. She knew, for example, that Irish and English Breakfast Teas are not the same thing. She only once did the annoying ritual "is everything okay?", and that was at a point when she was bringing more water anyway. She happily coped with the Omnivore's preferences regarding mustard and pickles (that they not be anywhere on their plate). She informed us which drinks had free refills and which did not.

This was brunch, so I had the breakfast burrito. The Omnivore had the All American Burger (minus mustard and pickles, of course). Our server didn't try to up-sell the Omnivore on the sides, which for once was a shame, because they hadn't noticed the upgrade options and would have quite liked one of them.

No attempt at dessert this time, the breakfast burrito was to see me through most of the day. I expect we'll be back again.

Pros: filling food, all vegan, desserts
Cons: erratic staff
ShellLillian
ShellLillian

This place is consistently disappointing.

Posted on 06 / 11 / 2014

I hate that I can't give them 1 star.
My husband and I have been to Ethos probably a hundred times, so we have had the opportunity to have nearly every item on the menu multiple times.
We have discovered a few things about the restaurant:
1. There are the most basic cooking errors made almost constantly. I do not believe I have ever returned a plate of food at any restaurant other than Ethos, yet nearly every time we go something is burnt to a crisp, completely raw, or otherwise inedible. Usually these errors are very inconsisent, though we have never had a calzone that was cooked on the inside (leaving the dough the texture of chewed gum) or broccoli that wasn't black it was burned so badly. Not only are these careless kitchen errors, but somehow these items get from the kitchen to our tables without anyone noticing or caring. The chefs also do not seem to understand that "fake" chicken is easy to overcook, because sometimes it comes to my table dry and rubbery (it's Gardein chicken, so I know what it should taste like)
2. Certain dishes are low on flavor or poorly prepared. Seitan is not hard to make and I travel around the country eating delicious house seitan at all kinds of restaurant (not all are even vegan places). Yet Ethos can't seem to produce seitan that isn't overly salty with a strange, bitter aftertaste. Their gravy tastes like oil and water mixed with ground pepper. Another item that really is not hard to make.
3. While it is nice to have a restaurant where I can easily order anything off the menu (since this is a rarity in Orlando, I'm assuming that this is why the place is still in business), I don't understand why there is no fried "chicken" or fries (even fancy, oven baked sweet potato fries would work if traditional ones are below Ethos) available at a place that claims to serve comfort food.
4. The brunches used to be the most fantastic part of Ethos, but lately the food quality has been lacking. The bread used for french toast has changed to a cheap sandwich bread (remember when you were a little kid and tried to make french toast from Wonder Bread? Yeah. That), and everything, while edible, just isn't quite as stunning as it used to be.
5. Service used to be downright terrible, but it has improved so much over the past 6 months or so. Which is wonderful, except as service improves the food seems to get worse.

Pros: It's all vegan
Cons: The food is bad, The food is poorly cooked, The menu is lacking
  • SunnySara77 SunnySara77

I find it really odd that you to a place 100 times and then give it 1 star! Why did you go 100 times if you didn't like it? If I eat somewhere and don't like the food or service, I don't go back! Maybe I would give them one more chance, if that...

I've been eating at Ethos for years and keep coming back; I have loved everything I've gotten!

s_k_
s_k_

Very attractive option

Posted on 05 / 20 / 2014

This is a very nice place. The restaurant is spacious (and surprisingly mainstream compared to the slightly ratty feel of many all-veg places). The staff are very friendly. The menu is broad and the food is pretty good. I was surprised that it was also not particularly expensive. My only two disappointments are: (1) There weren't a whole lot of particularly innovative options, nor even a list of innovative specials. (2) The food seemed a bit short on flavor.

Pros: good food, friendly staff, nice place
Cons: not very innovative
luvs2EAT
luvs2EAT

Love IT!!!!

Posted on 05 / 08 / 2014

Trust me if you love to EAT. Ethos Vegan Kitchen in Winter Park, FL is something I dream about. This establishment has its' own building in a trendy area of Winter Park, FL. If you are anywhere near Orlando you HAVE, HAVE, HAVE to drive to Winter Park to this restaurant. It is a totally dedicated VEGAN restaurant and it's HUGE. Check out the menu online. This is the best. All of those comfort foods that you had as a carnivore growing up, they have them. Pecan crusted eggplant and Yo Mama's Lasagna, oh my! Had to keep going back to this place. Come to Pittsburgh please, Ethos. We need you!!!

Pros: OUTSTANDING menu choices, great atmsophere, Fresh food MOSTLY from SCRATCH
BuddyWheeler
BuddyWheeler

Posted on 04 / 15 / 2014

Great vegan comfort food - you won't get skinny eating here though :)

The food is fantastic, we eat here at least a couple of times every trip to Florida.

My only real complaint is from a trip last year. We go there at 2:45 and asked at the door about brunch. We were told we were there in plenty of time to order from the brunch menu. We got seated and the server came and took our drink order. It took another 10 minutes or so to get back with our drinks (all waters). We started to order from the brunch menus (that we'd been given) and she looked at her watch and said they weren't serving brunch anymore. I told her that we had asked about it and she said that they shut down the brunch menu promptly at 3.

It was disappointing since we wanted to get brunch but with that one exception we've always had a great meal here.

Pros: Great food
Ulf

bkurt01
bkurt01

Unreal Vegan Brunch

Posted on 04 / 02 / 2014

We were here for a Sunday brunch and, holy (happy) cow, the cinnamon rolls were alone worth the drive up from the attractions. It was so nice to have an entire menu to choose from, and just peeking at the dinner menu made us want to return. We will be sure to next time we're in town!

Pros: CINNAMON ROLLS, Full vegan menu, Brunch! Don't get that choice often!
Cons: Zip
rmills12
rmills12

Nice!

Posted on 03 / 28 / 2014

Great menu, plenty of choices with or without fake meat. Pizza was fantastic as was the shepherds pie. Loved that it was all vegan Got some cookies to go. If I lived in Orlando, we would prob eat there once or twice a week.
Updated from previous review on Friday March 28, 2014

Pros: Menu, all vegan
Cons: Semi disinterested staff, parking
Michelle_K
Michelle_K

great food great price

Posted on 01 / 21 / 2014

It's so nice, as a vegan, to be able to just order anything on the menu without having to ask about the ingredients. Everything I've tried is delicious. The root beer float (now off the menu but still available) is to die for. Although, sometimes I can't fit a dessert in because I'm too stuffed!

Pros: great price, all vegan!
Draw Down
Draw Down

Amazing!

Posted on 01 / 03 / 2014

The food, atmosphere and staff were all excellent. Great inventive options.

CoconutPrincess
CoconutPrincess

Meh

Posted on 12 / 29 / 2013

As a vegan for 7 years now I was a bit disappointed. Essentially every chickun item was gardein, and the sausage was tofurky rolled in phillo dough. I make better vegan food in my kitchen with the same ingredients. My meat loving boyfriend loved it though, so if you're new to vegan cuisine and fake meat give it a shot.
Updated from previous review on Sunday November 24, 2013

Pros: cute location, friendly staff, great desserts
Cons: used store bought fake meat , pricey
Plant Strong
Plant Strong

All Vegan - Fantastic Menu - Friendly Staff

Posted on 09 / 09 / 2013

I have been visiting Ethos often over the course of a year now and it has quickly become my favorite restaurant in the Orlando area. The staff is always pleasant and attentive to any questions or requests. Service overall has been really great, we visit here as often as possible and find ourselves wanting to eat here more often than other vegetarian friendly restaurants because of the many options they have on their menu and the stress-free experience in ordering something vegan, I never have to worry about that at Ethos.

The salads are always fresh, its as if I had prepared one at home it is just that good. The sandwiches are unique and really tasty, and there are many different dinner entree options that are full of great flavor.

I highly recommend giving this place a visit, even if you are not a vegan, I guarantee you will be pleasantly surprised.

Pros: Great Food, Friendly Staff, 100% Vegan
KeeleyAparicio
KeeleyAparicio

Ethos Vegan Kitchen for the first time

Posted on 08 / 11 / 2013

I am an octo/lacto vegetarian and often find Vegetarian food out to either be salty or bland. I was reluctant to try this restaurant. i went with my husband who is a meat eater and often complains that what I eat leaves him hungry.
We ate the vegan meatball sub which was delicious. We loved the food and the service. The best thing about it was my husband left full and even said it was a good full. He will eat there again.
The food wasn't salty at all and it wasn't bland. The portions were of a good size too.

Pros: Really good service, really good food, flavor
Cons: parking lot a little hard to get in/out
ishansharma
ishansharma

Posted on 08 / 01 / 2013

It isn't so easy to eat vegan in Orlando as it probably would be in some other cities (NYC for example), but this place is definitely on the top of the list of places you can go to feel good and order ANYTHING on the menu :D! A must for everyone to try is their bruschetta. I can't say enough amazing things about this item...it's just scrumptious. Things I've tried include the Chickun Marsala, Coconut Curry Wrap, and Orange Chickun(not sure if they still have this), but they were all really, really good. Overall I personally love this place. Very clean and spacious, and the servers are very nice!

Pros: Completely vegan, Friendly staff, Decent portions
Cons: Tad pricey
omegosh
omegosh

Awesome!

Posted on 07 / 21 / 2013

We were travelling in the Orlando area and were delighted to find Ethos Vegan Kitchen. Ethos was one of the best vegan restaurants we have ever visited. The place where we were staying was almost an hour away, but we made the drive there three times in one week. The restaurant itself was open, spacious, and really clean. The wait staff was very friendly and knowledgeable about the menu. If we lived in the area, we would definitely be regulars.

The food at Ethos was awesome. Between the two of us we sampled a total of six menu items on our visits. Our favorites were the Sheep’s Pie, which was a vegan version of a shepherd’s pie, and the “What’s the Dilly, Philly?” sandwich. Everything we tried was really good. It was hard to choose which items we liked the best.

We took my mom there one day, who is an omnivore, and she loved the “Yo Mama’s Lasagna.” Ethos is a great vegan place that can please meat eaters, too. I’m still thinking about the vegan taco special that I didn’t get….

Pros: great food, friendly wait staff
CRVeg
CRVeg

Options...

Posted on 06 / 27 / 2013

...so many great options.

Pros: Vegan, Vegetarian, Nice Location
Cons: NOT close to me
WarnerRobins
WarnerRobins

Nice Place to eat

Posted on 06 / 19 / 2013

I was first impressed by the building. This has to be one of the best looking vegan restaurants I've seen inside and out. I had take out and didn't call it in. The service was super fast and the order accurate. The cookies, tasty! Two of the items I ordered featured Gardein products. My husband said the burger was just okay. I liked my Chickun Bruschetta Sandwich. I ordered Sheep's Pie,Yo Mama's Lasagna, and a calzone for other members of my family. They liked all of the food choices I made for them. I only tasted the Calzone which I found tasty as well. We would return to this place and I'd like my family to dine in next time. 5% of my order total went to The National Downs Syndrome Association which made me very happy since I have a sister with Downs Syndrome.

Pros: Good all vegan food, Very nice for dinning in, Fast, Friendly service
Cons: Nothing was over the top good, wasn't verbally encouraged to come back, No kid's menu
alieliza97
alieliza97

Yummy!

Posted on 06 / 02 / 2013

I love this place - absolutely delicious! It's absolutely great when you're craving some comfort food like cheese pizza. They have all kinds of meat and cheese substitutes, but also serve tofu and seitan. A ton of their dishes can be made gluten free and soy free, and they are indicated on the menu, so it's super easy! The wait staff is also super friendly and helpful, too! Their garlic knots are to die for, and the cinnamon rolls on Sunday brunch are so popular they can only sell one to each customer so they don't run out. They also make great vegan ice cream sundaes, and they have other desert options as well. They have a mini-bakery area as well where you can purchase cookies and cakes. All my friends like Ethos, and I can bring all my non-vegan friends here without any complaining! My best friend even suggests it, and she's a meat-eater. :)

Pros: Take-Out, Big menu including deserts, 100% Vegan
Cons: No delivery - but maybe coming soon!
Julie R
Julie R

LOVED EVERY BITE

Posted on 05 / 16 / 2013

May 15, 2013. Ate at Ethos again today and had another delicious tofu wrap! I also had a piece of homemade vegan orange cake that was out of this world! My server, Marie, was exceptional - exactly what you would expect to find in a vegan restaurant; she's an asset to Ethos. Again, LOVE this place!

* * * * *

I am in the Orlando area for a couple days and went to Ethos again. This address is a new location; they moved into a bigger space and now have full restaurant table service. I liked the old place, but I like this one more. I like that you sit down and get served.

This is just the best place. My server was delightful - SO NICE. I started with a cup of fantastic potato broccoli soup, then ordered the curry/coconut tofu wrap. That is the same thing I had on my last visit and it just gets better and better. The tofu is out of this world and the wrap is just stuffed with all kinds of good stuff; everything in the wrap compliments the flavors of everything else. I also had a glass of sweetened tea that was very good.

I love this place but hate that it is not in my hometown. It is really a comfortable, clean atmosphere run by people who care about the establishment. I travel all over the country and this is probably one of the best places I have found in terms of everything - food, cleanliness, friendliness, and great pricing. I really enjoy coming here (gee, can ya tell?) When I'm in the area again, I will be back!!

* * * *

FIRST REVIEW - AT THE OTHER LOCATION:

I am so glad that I discovered this great place in downtown Orlando (I found it thanks to a search on Happy Cow). I am a fan now!

I had the Coconut Curry Wrap (grilled tofu coated in curried veganaise, tossed with celery, raisins, walnuts, coconut, and mixed greens, and wrapped in a spinach tortilla). WOW! It was so delicious and a heaping portion (I couldn't finish it all). Very generous amount of delicious tofu and packed with great tasting other stuff; very flavorful! The wrap came with 1 side (chips & salsa, cole slaw or pineapple). I chose the fresh pineapple and it was a perfect compliment to the wrap.

The place is really cute and clean. Very friendly staff. You order your food at the counter, then sit down and they bring it to you. Very very reasonable prices; my wrap was $8.00. Again, it was plenty of food.

This is my new favorite place when I am visiting Orlando!
Updated from previous review on Wednesday January 16, 2013

Pros: Generous portion, Clean, friendly place, Great tasting food
Cons: It's not in Miami
cinebiz
cinebiz

Ethos Vegan Kitchen

Posted on 05 / 10 / 2013

While visiting Orlando this past winter an old friend of mine suggested this place to my wife and I. My friend is not a vegan but he still raved about the place. We went to a sunday brunch and it was really good.I had vegan french toast ( tasted like Vegg ( the vegan "egg yolk" ) and soy milk coating. My wife had tofu scramblers which she said were well seasoned and among the best she has had. We both had vegan sausage and vegan bacon. I think both may have been home made. They were really tasty and did not resemble any of the commercial product I am familiar with.Ethos also has a full service bar complete with vegan and organic wines. Much of the food is from organic sources as well, your knowledgable server can tell you what is organic. I think what most impressed me was that this place reminded me of an upscale Dennys or diner. It has such a large menu of home style fare with amazingly tasty mock meat.The fact that we were sitting in a rather large vegan restaurant and the place was packed was most impressive. This will be a must go place for us whenever we visit the Orlando area.

Pros: great vegan food, great prices, knowledgable staff
MelissaLosos
MelissaLosos
  • raw

salty

Posted on 04 / 22 / 2013

Ethos is a large place, easy to find a table friendly staff.
However the food was disappointing, RAW/ living food was very hard to come by at Ethos.
The food was way too salty and over processed.

I was hoping for some fresh food, but none to be found. :(
Melissa

Pros: lots of seating, friendly staff, easy wheel chair access
Cons: no raw /living food, only processed food, too much salt and soy
daveoz
daveoz

Meat Eaters Vegan Kitchen

Posted on 04 / 17 / 2013

The restaurant's menu contains a lot of Soy based meat substitute products and is not organic. We are always happy to find anything Vegan when we travel and enjoyed the atmosphere and large salads and organic wine that they offer, however there was no gluten free options for their pizzas and calzones. It was not clear how much of the food was organic. Because of the limited options in Orlando this is okay but there are others that are more healthy. We were surprised that our server did not know what GMO foods are!

RachaelSera
RachaelSera

New location is great!

Posted on 04 / 11 / 2013

I'm updating my Ethos review (for the better!). They've really settled into their new location and the service is so much better now (I've actually had some excellent servers there now).

They have a new menu item, the Chikun Bruschetta Sandwich, and it is absolutely incredible (and really filling). The pizza is still fabulous (only place in town to get vegan cheese and vegan meats on a pizza). The Ethos Garden Salad is a really quality salad (and the ranch dressing and orange-ginger dressing are great). The hummus is the best I've ever had. The desserts (ice cream sundae and chocolate mousse) and Natural Brew colas are a nice addition to any meal.

I still have my complaint of some menu items not being a good value, but I just don't order those. An example: Vegetable Lasagna for $10.95. The vegetables in it were hardly noticeable. I think I had 1 bite of squash in the whole thing. Several dishes come with white rice, which is just a cheap filler to me.

However, overall, they have some really unique dishes and they're 100% vegan to boot.

Pros: vegan!, unique, tasty apps, entrees, and desserts
Cons: prices, portions/quality of select items
NaomiBlack
NaomiBlack

Best vegan spot I've found in Orlando

Posted on 01 / 27 / 2013

Of all the Orlando vegan spots I have tried so far Ethos has been the best. Excellent customer service every time. Food prep time is average. Ethos is a sit down family spot with a nice selection of items on their menu. They even have brunch items which include french toast. Its been a while since I had their french toast some years ago, but I enjoyed it then. They have italian dishes which include pizza and calzones, sandwiches, wraps, salads, deserts and a kids menu. Each menu item is specified as gluten or soy free when relevant. Their sides are a bit non-traditional--No french fries here, but you will find sides like mashed potatoes, chips and salsa, and roasted asparagus and beans and rice. I'm personally not too crazy about the sides I have tried thus far such as the mashed potatoes-- but I did like the way the asparagus was prepared, lightly seasoned in salt and oil with a crunch. Everyone LOVED the coconut curry wrap. The bruschetta on their starter menu is awesome!!! Philly sandwich passes. Calzone is ok. Lasagna is mediocre. Unfortunately the Samson burger, which is a black bean burger, was the worst black bean burger I've ever had. Its texture and flavor was more fitting for a black bean burrito. By the way, if you need to so a little organic shopping, Whole Foods is about 5 minutes away. Great location. Perfect place to take a meat-eater.

Pros: excellent customer service, menu selection, family atmosphere
Cons: black bean burger
Lettuce Muncher
Lettuce Muncher

A-MAZ-ING!!!

Posted on 01 / 07 / 2013

I LOVED this place!!! This is one of the best vegan restaurants I've been too (and I'm from Portland, OR so I've been to plenty). The place is nice and clean, there are lots of vegan options. You must try the Garlic Knots, as well as the Bruschetta. On my first visit I ordered the Orange Chikn, and my second I had a pizza. Both were good. I do wish they made their own vegan cheese for the pizza, but they use Follow Your Heart. Prices are reasonable and they have tasty cookies for $1-1.50. My only issue was the first time we went the server pretty much ignored us. Our waters sat empty until I called her over and asked for a refill. However, the second visit we had an amazing server that checked on us every time we walked by.

Pros: Garlic Knots, Clean, Delicious
Charlie Behrens
Charlie Behrens

Tasty!

Posted on 12 / 18 / 2012

Ethos is probably the best known vegan restaurant in the Orlando area. I love it and go there frequently.

Be sure to check out their Sunday brunch specials. My favorite is the Breakfast Burrito. Delicious and filling. Yum!! That and some fresh squeezed OJ, and I'm happy for days. :-)

Another favorite of mine is their Samson Burger. Best black bean burger around. It's big too.

My only gripe, and it's small, is that they do tend to offer many items based on fake meats. I'd love to see their menu offer more dishes centered on unprocessed items, but that's really a minor gripe.

Pros: Tasty food, Good atmosphere, Great Sunday Brunch
Cons: Lots of fake meat items
RoseFindley
RoseFindley

Loved it

Posted on 10 / 15 / 2012

As a visitor from Wales I haven't ever eaten in a totally vegan place so I was blown away by this place. I visited in their new premises and the size was amazing. It was quite when we went in for lunch and we were seated quickly. The choices were amazing, not that I don't love healthy food but it was nice to see some traditional food on there instead of lots of quinoa and alfalfa! I ordered the crispy green beans, the lasagne and the sundae for dessert. Yeah I know thats loads but I had to take advantage! My partner ordered the 'pepperoni' pizza which was also really nice. The lasagne lacked vegetables (as I think someone else also mentioned) and was a little burnt on one edge but it didn't ruin it. Oh and we got cookies to take out. It was all really tasty nice food and the service was fast. The waitress was friendly and polite but lacked the enthusiasm that I would've liked and usually experience in american restaurants. But it didn't affect our experience so it wasn't that big a deal.

Pros: The cookies are AWESOME, Loads of choice, Great venue
Cons: Slightly dull waitress, Slightly burnt lasagne
pammyone
pammyone

Ethos- A delicious place to relax and eat!

Posted on 09 / 02 / 2012

Have been going to Ethos for several years now and have always enjoyed the experience. Until this summer I had only been there for Sunday Brunch which was wonderful! The biscuits and gravy, along with waffles, sausage, fruit, and orange juice really hit the spot! Recently they relocated to another location and things are alot better. There is a dedicated parking area, resturant has increased in size and there are more items on the menu. The new menu items I have tried so far have been great, the macaroni and cheese was GREAT! Even our son who was not a big fan at first has been won over. The service is great, friendly servers who now seat you at tables, give you a menu and plenty of time given to decide what you want. They take your order and it is not long at all before the food is there, temperature of food just right, and is appealing to the eyes! We love it there and will continue to return as often as we can even though they are 35 miles away!

Pros: Delicious Food, Large Parking Area, New Menu items
Cons: Black bean Burger-Too Thick, Music-Too Loud
Torin
Torin

Ethos

Posted on 08 / 23 / 2012

Great tasting vegan fair! Wish there were some more options

Pros: delicious , great atmosphere
Cons: pricey , small menu
veganrunner
veganrunner

Consistently good food

Posted on 07 / 23 / 2012

My husband normally gets the What's the Dilly Philly and I get the lasagna. The cookies are always good as well. We like the brunch pancakes but find the serving size to be a little on the small side.

Pros: Taste, Price
Cons: Small pancake serving size
WhiteRat
WhiteRat

Perfect

Posted on 06 / 13 / 2012

We stumble out of disney world, searching for something that is open and delicious at night. We arrive an half an hour before closing time. We are at Ethos Kitchen. Ethos has home cooking to an art. Their foods are comfort foods, and yet are not oily and greasy like we have come to know comfort foods as.
I have tried the shepherds pie and the Italian Sub, and a bunch of cookies. Oh, they bake their own cookies. Win.
The third time we went, we discovered they had outdoor seating, waah?! Now we can eat with our animals.
Although, one of the well meaning staff grabbed the box I was keeping my rat Brando in (he likes vegan food too!) and made to throw it away!
I almost had a heart attack, he gave the box a little flip before trying to proceed in the back door, aaahhh!
But don't worry, Brando was fine, just a little confused, I gave him some nachoes and cheez (oh, we also had nachos).
I'm not sure if I communicated why I was freaking out with my screams of dismay and panicked motions why I was so upset about the box being grabbed.
Anyhoot, I also took some cookies with me to give to my aunt as a birthday present, she was thrilled, and asked if they were vegan. YEP, heheh sneakily converting carnists with vegan food.
I'm not done, let me tell you about the inside.
You can tell a professional decorated the interior, it has wonderful complementing warm colors, dotted with works of framed art. It has a warm but modern look it.
A lot of thought and heart went into the interior design, that is not something you see everyday.

Pros: Beautiful Interior, Wonderful food, good prices
Cons: box grabby waiters
maweni
maweni

Great find!

Posted on 05 / 15 / 2012

Excellent, excellent dishes! Very fresh with great flavor! Friendly staff and clean establishment!

deathgrowl
deathgrowl

nice place, decent food

Posted on 05 / 09 / 2012

Cool oudoor covered courtyard and inside reminds me of a coffee shop - the kind of place a vegan hippie feels comfortable when travelling alone. Good food - had a pizza - not the best and not whole wheat crust but decent anyway. And they have Oberon - hooray!

Pros: ambiance, tasty beer
Cons: small selection, have to pay before you eat
LR
LR

Love the sheeps pie

Posted on 04 / 21 / 2012

The Sheep's pie was amazing I really enjoyed it. The outdoor seating is nice. It's a cool place to go. The coconut cookies are amazing. The only negative is the staff is not very friendly, I felt like I was not welcome.

Pros: Tasty food, Lots of options , Great tea
Cons: Unfriendly staff, Limited parking
rellis
rellis

Amazing Vegan - The Place to Go

Posted on 04 / 03 / 2012

I travel a lot and eat at a lot of vegan restaurants and can say that Ethos is one of the best. I don't know how they get food to taste that good! It is simply amazing. If the Sheep's Pie is on the menu just order it, don't even think. It is beyond good. Great outdoor seating, cool funky neighborhood. Good prices. This is the place to eat in Orlando.

Pros: Tasty Food, Good Prices , Sheeps Pie!
Gopala 108
Gopala 108

Awesome Vegan Joint!

Posted on 02 / 11 / 2012

I heard about Ethos Vegan Kitchen from Robert Cheeke. It was listed as his book "Vegan Bodybuilding and Fitness" as his favorite place to eat in the kitchen and this is coming someone who is on the road constantly. I love that it is all vegan and the outdoor setting. I went there for the Sunday vegan brunch and was great food, but would loved to see a all you can eat buffet w/ some more options. Bring one of these to CO!

Pros: Tasty Vegan food, Outdoor Location`, Everything is Vegan
Cons: More options for the Sunday Brunch
4moby
4moby

where is the love?

Posted on 08 / 21 / 2011

had hard tacos, burger, mash & gravy, coleslaw. No seating inside available, limited menu. Food was bland, institutional tasting, if school cafeteria food had been vegan it would have been better than going to Ethos. mash and coleslaw were terrible. Tea in decanter was hot--boo. Service for lunch was slow. Didn't feel like it was happy vegan food. I wouldn't recommend this place, especially since there are better veg places so close.

Pros: all vegan, daily specials
Cons: bland food, limited seating
clunkygirl
clunkygirl

Delicious

Posted on 08 / 14 / 2011

I love their pizzas!!!!! I have also managed to get there for brunch which was excellent - the Canadian bacon is so good! Shepherd's pie isn't bad but it's missing the "meat" and the Philly is too greasy and the seitan too thick for my taste, though it seems like a lot of people really like it. Definitely nice to go somewhere and be able to eat anything on the menu!

Pros: Food is overall great
Micheal22reahl
Micheal22reahl

Words Cannot Describe Just Try

Posted on 07 / 31 / 2011

Philly Cheese, Shepherds Pie, Cookies...! I am a food lover and a Trained Chef and when it comes to food, I don't like wasting money on foolishness. I had tried the other places in Orlando and though they are good Ethos is my all time favorite. They have a website to match. Take my word for it, if you are a meat eater or a vegan/vegetarian, I believe you will LOVE this place!

Pros: Great Value, Friendly Staff, Nice Environment
Cons: Can't think of one Con! :)
happycowgirl
happycowgirl

Great Experience

Posted on 07 / 30 / 2011

My partner and I had the Healthy Trio, Edamame and Samson Burger. The Healthy Trio was black and green olive tapenade, housemade hummus, and tomato-mango salsa served with toasted bread, tortilla chips and raw veggies. Outstanding. The edamame was lightly salted and served with a deliciously flavored soy dipping sauce. The Samson Burger is a grilled black bean burger. It was so thick it seemed like it was two black bean burgers - one on each half - so I had to thin it out a little to take a bite. This was not a problem for the husband.

The atmosphere is relaxed. Nice staff. Clean. Wood tables inside with artwork on the walls.

Place your order at the service counter, they give you a number placard and deliver your order to the table of choice. Both indoor and shaded outdoor seating. Street parking available.

My only regret was that I wouldn't be able to return again...this trip anyway. I would like to try the Coconut Curry Wrap, Sheep's Pie and Pecan Encrusted Eggplant. Oh, and the Sunday Brunch. This place is a 5 Cow casual vegan delight.

JessicaE
JessicaE

Love it :)

Posted on 07 / 12 / 2011

Great food and atmospher

Pros: Excellent Food, Variety, American Style
humantohuman
humantohuman

Great Food, Great Vibe

Posted on 07 / 04 / 2011

I am so lucky to have Ethos Vegan Kitchen in my town. I have tried almost everything on the menu including Sunday Brunch and have never been disappointed. Three of my favorites are the Samson Burger, What's the Dilly Philly and the Coconut Curry Wrap. But the dinner specials are always excellent, I just can't say enough great things about Ethos. You can sit inside at a table on lounge the sofa (that's what I do) or comfy chair or eat outside in the covered breezeway looking at the park. Vegan or not try it you will love it.

Pros: Excellent Food, Great Vibe, Not Pretentious
JessinJax
JessinJax

Best Sunday Brunch!

Posted on 05 / 10 / 2011

Chose this spot for Mothers Day brunch while traveling to Orldando this weekend, so happy we did! Recently converted the entire family to vegetarianism a few months ago, so it was so nice to be able to tell the family "you can get ANYTHING you want off the menu as its all 100% approved by mom!" I just wish there were more 100% Vegan restaurants!

My French toast was so good (I suggest you add the strawberries!) My 9 yr old son really enjoyed his biscuits and gravy (which he had assumed he'd have to give up being vegetarian) and the yummy homefries. My husband got the breakfast burrito and was still talking about it later that night, he is now converted to tofu scramble! Thanks Ethos :)

It was very busy (which means its good stuff) and loud inside, but hey it was Mothers Day (what do you expect). I wish we could have sat outside, very cute area! I suggest you arrive before noon for brunch. When we left around 12:45 the line was almost the back of the restaurant to order.

Bonus for the establishement: I carry a little travel size bottle of Dr Bronners soap with me in my purse. I was shocked when I went into the bathroom and they actually had Dr Bronners in the soap dispenser on the wall! I have never seen it in a public restroom before...you're awesome Ethos!

Pros: Great quality, Friendly staff
Jaelus
Jaelus

Great asset to Orlando

Posted on 04 / 27 / 2011

My wife and I are both vegan, and we ate at Ethos many times over our last Orlando vacation for several dinners and one brunch. The atmosphere was relaxing, the food was really delicious, especially after a long day in the parks, and they even had some tasty vegan cookies that we brought back to the hotel. I really liked their specials and the variety was great. Our brunch was also fantastic. I had the apple flap jacks and they were done to perfection. I'm definitely looking forward to dining at Ethos again on our next Orlando vacation.

Pros: Delicious, Cookies!, Great variety
Cons: A bit of a drive from Disney
bignameactress
bignameactress

Fantastic vegetarian fare in Orlando!

Posted on 04 / 06 / 2011

I was so glad to find this gem in Orlando.

The chickpea 'chicken' salad sandwich is fantastic! The cookies are so delicious as well.
I will always stop here on my way through Orlando from now on.

Pros: excellent food, friendly staff, ambiance
v3ggie
v3ggie

Excellent Sunday brunch

Posted on 03 / 20 / 2011

This entirely vegan restaurant serves satisfying, unpretentious food in a pleasant, hip environment. With a new menu special every day, the menu is ever-changing. Sunday brunch is a real treat. During my visit, tasty chocolate chip pancakes with a side of vegan sausage and a mimosa started off the day on the perfect note. Definitely worth multiple visits whether you're a local or visiting the Orlando area.

Isabelle Gosselin
Isabelle Gosselin

Disappointed

Posted on 03 / 19 / 2011

First let me say that I'm always grateful to find a vegan restaurant while I'm traveling. Ethos has an attractive storefront and outdoor patio. My husband and I lunched there on March 18, 2011, indoors. The food was good to very good. I had the pecan encrusted eggplant. While it was a quite unusual taste, which in my book is a plus, it was a bit too bland, and the accompanying wine sauce did not go very well with it. The mashed potatoes and its gravy though, and the sauteed green beans were
fantastic. I had also a chocolate macadamia cookie and a coffee that were both delicious. My husband started with a potatoe leek soup, very good taste but not warm enough. Then he had a chickun marsala. He found it to be delicious; his only critique was that there could have been more vegetables accompanying this dish. Our disappointment came with the staff. We did not feel welcome. At first we were not too sure how to order, and eventhough it was quite obvious as there were about 4 people in the whole restaurant, no staff (they were two) offered us any help nor any explanations. It was cold and unfriendly, really contrasting with most of our experience in Florida. It left a really bad taste and we will not go back there any time soon.

Pros: good locatioon, outdoor patio, good food
Cons: unfriendly
jaynamac
jaynamac

Yum -- I wish we lived in Orlando!

Posted on 03 / 09 / 2011

My family was in the Orlando area for vacation, and we spent one memorable evening enjoying a delicious meal at Ethos. The area is charming; when we first left the highway, it looked a bit dodgy, but quickly morphed into a delightful area with interesting shops and a lovely walking path.

Ethos has an inviting outdoor patio area, which is where we enjoyed our meal. We shared the Healthy Trio to start; the salsa was delicious with just a touch of heat, the hummus was tasty, and the tapenade was, alas!, better than my own homemade version. The dips were served with veggies, tortilla chips, and crusty bread, all of which were fresh and excellent.

My husband ordered (and devoured) the Sheep's Pie; our 3- and 6-year-old sons scarfed down a pizza (our oldest declared it to be the best pizza ever); and I enjoyed every bite of the pecan encrusted eggplant. Oh, my, it was GOOD.

The boys enjoyed cookies for dessert, but I was too full for anything but a glass of wine (try the organic red). My only complaint would be that the beer and wine selections are quite limited, but, happily, the selections they offer are quite good.

Most of the clientele appeared to be couples and groups of friends; we were the only table with kids, but the other diners didn't seem to mind. Happily, the tasty food kept the boys largely occupied so they were a bit more tame than usual!

Had we been in the area longer, we definitely would have returned for another meal -- the brunch sounds amazing. My whole family gave it two big thumbs up!

Pros: Delicious food, Reasonable prices, Beautiful outdoor dining area
Cons: Limited beer/wine selections
maltinej
maltinej

The best part of my trip to orlando!!

Posted on 02 / 27 / 2011

I went to orlando to visit the harry potter place in islands of adventure. Simply terrible experience; way overrated. Afterwards we went to Ethos.... I would have saved the money spent on the amusement parks and would have gotten something for the road from ethos! Simply terrific atmosphere, service and food. Everything is vegan, so i didnt have to worry about what to order. Even the cookies were terrific. Great food, great time! Whenever im in the orlando area i will definitely return!

Pros: food, prices, service
ingaambrosia
ingaambrosia

delish!

Posted on 12 / 13 / 2010

Visited Orlando for the weekend. Was told that I must go here so I did. Had Chikun Marsala and Samson Burger. Two chocolate cookies. So good. Cool spot. Nice friendly staff. Food was so good. Warmed my heart.

Pros: Delicious food, Artsy, Friendly Staff
Cons: Far from my house in Miami ... :-)
anthropomorphuck
anthropomorphuck

Good

Posted on 12 / 07 / 2010

This is the most commonly known Vegan restaurant in town. It's great the first couple of times but after that seems to loose it's appeal. The prices are moderate. The staff aren't always friendly.
Don't eat inside if you have anywhere important to go the smell will stay on you.
In terms of a restaurant is alright. In terms of it being vegan it's great..but just because it's vegan, it shouldn't be given handicaps.

Pros: Beer, Vegan food, art
Cons: Unfriendly staff, Menu dull pretty quick, Inside smell lingers
Ute Jolley
Ute Jolley

Best Vegan

Posted on 10 / 02 / 2010

Truly everything on the menu is wonderful. I wish their menu was bigger so we could have more fantastic options.
Great special food nights which highlight different cuisines(Mexican, Irish etc.)
Very friendly, fast service and community involved.
Oh, I almost forgot to mention their super brunch on Sundays.
A must visit for anyone!!!!

Pros: excellent food, healthy cuisine, good value, friendly staff
mslade81
mslade81

Yum.

Posted on 09 / 06 / 2010

Great food, great atmosphere, friendly staff. I go there for brunch every Sunday morning. Even their sausage and bacon are good (I normally shy away from the fake meat stuff in restaurants, but this stuff tastes delicious).

You need to try their cinnamon rolls. Soft, sweet, and yummy.

Pros: Food, Atmosphere, Friendly staff
Cons: A little pricey
J W
J W

Posted on 09 / 06 / 2010

Thank heaves for places like Ethos! I can easily get my kids to eat Vegan meals! One of my absolute favorite restaurants in Orlando. We even got to watch the sunset over Lake Ivanhoe on Thursday night. A nice bonus to a dinner I was just thrilled to eat. I love the Lasagna, Eggplant, etc. and my kids love the pizza and calzones. I am so glad they have them for my two little lactose intolerant kiddos! I can feed them without the stress. My husband even enjoyed "chicken" marsala the other night on his first trip to Ethos. I hope to see even more options and specials to try. Thank you Ethos for your wonderful contribution to our community!!!

Pros: Great food, Heathly cuisine, VEGAN!!!
Cons: Love to see more selection
Gabbeveg
Gabbeveg

Great Place

Posted on 08 / 24 / 2010

I have been to a good amount of vegan restaurants, and this is by far some of the best vegan food. My favorite is "A Fungus is Among Us." Amazing and totally comforting. While I was in there I even met a couple that go there regularly for the pizza, and they aren't even veggies!

nsweeney
nsweeney

Fantastic food

Posted on 08 / 04 / 2010

I travel to Orlando for business every few months and my first stop when I get off the plant is Ethos Vegan Kitchen. I ate there 3 out of 4 nights on my recent trip as I just really enjoy their food and the atmosphere is also very relaxing. Their food is fantastic, reasonably priced and the staff is very friendly. Wed is taco day/night, highly reccommend it. For an extra few cents you get sour cream and guacamole on the side. I also highly reccommend their cookies, they are not cheap at $1.50 each but they taste wonderful and are vegan.

Pros: Consistent excellent food, nice staff, comfortable atmosphere
Cons: Parking on street
NeiltheK
NeiltheK

I LOVE THIS PLACE!

Posted on 07 / 17 / 2010

On a recent road trip further north I made a special stop in Orlando so I could eat at Ethos. All vegan, friendly staff, cozy ambience, great food . . . I wish I lived closer, I'd be eating there all the time!

Pros: ALL VEGAN!, Cozy, friendly
harrysandy
harrysandy

Where's the protein?

Posted on 04 / 13 / 2010

Bizarre vegan restaurant. The food is meatless, but there is little in terms of meat replacement. You kind of feel like you were invited over to your well-meaning aunt's house and she made her special dish for you and just left out the meat. But she was too clueless about how vegans actually survive day-to-day--by eating protein--so she didn't think to include any. I ordered the lasagna--no protein. My husband had sheep's pie--no protein. Our son order pasta with red sauce and they made that for him special, but with no protein. So we ordered a side of seitan, so he got protein. My daughter had pizza and added vegan pepperoni to it, so at least she got that for protein. We did not realize when we ordered our dishes that they would be protein-free. What's the point of having a vegan restaurant if your patrons are going to be just as starved for protein as if they went to some meat restaurant that has no vegan protein! Honestly, it seemed like the menu was designed by a 13-year-old girl who just became a vegan and knew nothing about nutrition. Sorry to go on, I was just floored by this incredible oversight.
Food was ok in terms of taste.

Pros: nice setting
Cons: hard to find protein
  • SummerSun SummerSun

When I became a vegetarian years ago, it was partially because I preferred the taste of vegetables over the taste of meat. When I became vegan, I was concerned about getting enough nutrients and a balanced diet. Apon a little research, I found out that all vegetables have protien in them, allthough not as much as meat. Eating at Ethos, I have found many protien rich dishes. They have a black bean burger, a seitan sandwich, a tofu wrap, a hummus wrap, a meatball sub, and I have even seen a cuban sandwich every once in a while. All of these are high in protien. Not all vegans are looking to eat fake meat every day, and Ethos does a good job of giving us a variety of meals to choose from that keeps my whole family satisfied.

• harrysandy harrysandy

I agree not everybody wants fake meat. But few vegans want protein-free dishes. Tofu or legumes are fine. But a lasagna or sheep's pie without any protein source at all--fake meat or not--what are they thinking?

• veganzagats veganzagats

Americans are overly concerned with protein. Most Americans overload on protein. There is protein in plants, pasta and breads. This posters focus on the protein "replacements" is an example of why people need to research more about their dietary requirements and how best to fulfill them. Eating lots of processed foods isn't that great for a good diet.

• jaynamac jaynamac

Actually, nearly all foods have some amount of protein -- yes, even vegetables and fruit. Ever heard of Kwashiorkor or Marasmus? Those are the diseases of protein deficiency, and the reason they aren't part of the common lexicon is because we all consume vast quantities of protein! Unless you're starving or have an eating disorder, you're almost certainly getting enough protein in your diet. I'd really recommend reading C. Colin Campbell's "The China Study" for some solid, scientific insight into how much protein we need, and how excessive protein intake is hugely detrimental to our health.

joyceh
joyceh

Very Good

Posted on 04 / 05 / 2010

What a great find! A friend and I went to Garden Cafe but it was a Monday and it was closed, so we decided to try Ethos. What a great find! It was delicious! I have taken many people here since the original trip and it has been good each and every time. I like the outside seating, too! Can't wait to try the Sunday brunch -

Pros: excellent food, friendly staff, outside seating
OrlandoVeg
OrlandoVeg

Overrated and Overpriced!

Posted on 03 / 17 / 2010

When I heard about a new vegan restaurant opening up in Orlando I was very excited. I have been vegan for four years and have always had to cook or go to Garden Cafe for a good meal. After going to restaurants around the States such as Red Bamboo in NYC, Watercourse in Denver, Chicago Diner in Chicago and various other reputable restaurants, I found Ethos to be tolerable if you are starving and aren't low on money.
The first time I went there, the portions were enough to keep a normal person full for a half hour, maybe. I thought I'd try it again on July 4th because Ethos advertises that they have new specials every week (which I have yet to see). This was the BIGGEST joke for $10 I've ever seen. It was a Tofurkey sausage (from Whole Foods or Publix)on a bun and a piece of watermelon. Are you serious?
When the place first opened they had the nicest front end employees...always polite and never judgmental. Recently, they hired some elitist, judgmental hipsters who have been less than friendly. In fact, when I said I wasn't ready to order yet this new girl at the counter rolled her eyes at me. If you call that customer service, I'm surprised people are still spending money there. If you don't dress like a crust punk or if you have showered in the last week, don't expect to be treated as an equal by some of the people on this staff. I emphasize some because there are still a few very kind people there.
I like the idea of Ethos and I support the vegan hot dog guy who started it, but I just wish they would set the bar a little higher. Just because there aren't a lot of choices in Orlando doesn't mean you should overcharge or skimp on portion. I'll spend my money at Garden Cafe.

Pros: Location, Vegan, Nice space
Cons: Price, Quanity , Staff
riotnikki
riotnikki
  • non-vegetarian

Super vegetarian comfort!

Posted on 11 / 24 / 2009

I love Ethos as it was one of my first vegetarian experiences in Orlando after I became a vegetarian. This is pure vegan food and you will love it.

This place is an excellent value too. The food is delicious with huge portions. We all took something home with us after lunch.

If I lived in Orlando I would probably eat here at least three times a week (yes it is that good). I have never had the Sunday Brunch but a friend did and said it was the best vegan brunch ever.

Pros: great place, yummy food, nice people
Cons: limited drink menu
christopher byron
christopher byron

i love ethos

Posted on 11 / 12 / 2009

I drove past ethos on my way to rock n roll heaven (a rad indie record store in the area) and had to turn around to check it out. Ethos has a great vibe to it. The interior decorations were all travel themed, everything from the posters to the magazines. The prices are set right and the food is excellent. I would definitely go back and hang out and eat some excellent vegan food. The food is amazing!

Pros: great vibe, moderate prices with specials, excellent food
Cons: bad parking
  • Marxist Vegan Marxist Vegan

You think $9 (plus tax) for a small, sloppy sandwich is fair? Try sampling other vegan restaurants around the country/world or just cook at home.

Wow!

Posted on 10 / 16 / 2009

This place is a gem! Great service, amazing food selections, even baked vegan cookies for the road. This was a wonderful spot set up like a regular and "typical" family restaurant, yet... it serves healthy food! I was very very happy with my pesto pasta, with the service, with the kindness of the staff, and with the expediency with which the food was served. The place felt welcoming and warm with posting of current local events and happenings. I urge you to visit this place with your non-vegan friends and they too will be surprised and feel comfortable at a restaurant set up like any other "pizzeria" almost, which non-vegans will probably be more inclined to visit than other vegan restaurants with chanting in the background and Buddha statues (which may scare others away)..

Pros: Food, Service, Ambiance
Cristie
Cristie

Good

Posted on 10 / 02 / 2009

Ethos is good, but especially the brunch on Sunday's. The brunch is better than the regular food during the other other days of the week.

It's great that they do allot for the community and non profits.

Pros: Decent food, good service, good atmosphere
Cons: small glasses
kabrad
kabrad

Awesome!

Posted on 07 / 30 / 2009

I live in Miami and was visiting friends in Orlando and we made a special trip to Ethos. I missed going out to breakfast terribly. I planned on going to Ethos for dinner also but only made it for brunch. It was AMAZING. I loved the whole experience - the decor, the coffee was amazing, service was fast, and the food was great. My non vegan boyfriend who is not very excited by food said it was really good too! I had the tofu scramble with home fries and two pancakes with strawberries! (making up for lost times) I also got the biscuits and gravy to go and ate it later in the day. I had never had biscuits and gravy my whole life, they were amazing. I was not very impressed with the cookies but the food was delicious. I will definitely be going for dinner next time I am there (hopefully soon).

Pros: excellent food, great coffee, fast service
Cons: clean & cute
piffelina
piffelina

don't miss!

Posted on 07 / 21 / 2009

ethos was a great, great find!

all the cookies were brilliant, and my what's the philly, dilly was great! very sad about missing the sunday brunch though.

definitely going back when in FL again!

Pros: the best we had in orlando
cutie4x8
cutie4x8

Great

Posted on 06 / 27 / 2009

I went here yesterday for the first time and had the portabella mushroom burger. It was awesome! I also had a snicker doodle cookie. Also awesome! I'll definitely go back. :D

Pros: great food, nice atmosphere, beautiful artwork
Cons: smokey smell
Benjamin
Benjamin

SUPERB! - again and again!

Posted on 06 / 19 / 2009

A year ago I've been to ETHOS for the first time and wrote a review (which I had to delete to write this one - that's why you find my first review subsequently). This April I've been there again (I'm coming from Germany, so I'm not that often in FL), curios wether it's still that good. - It is! This time we managed to be there two times, so we had the opportunity to eat the excellent food we had last time (What's the Dilly, Philly? and Pumpkin Seed & Pesto Penne Pasta - the philly is a vegan's dream coming true, the pasta is delicious) and try some other, too. This time we had the Samson Burger and a Spinach Salad. The Samson Burger is massive and very tasty! I never had a black bean burger before, and I was surprised how good it is. My recommendation! The salad was excellent, too, very fresh, I enjoyed the interaction of the fruit, nuts and spinach. Afterwards, we had some lemon cake - awesome!
We again enjoyed the friendly atmosphere a lot, they even recognized us from our visit a year ago! Good to have a place that far away from home where you immediately feel comfortable and welcome!

*******
My first Review from 3/27/08
Review: Me and a colleague came over from Germany to Orlando for business reasons. We found Ethos via HappyCow - and it was fantastic! We had What's the Dilly, Philly? with a Peanut Pasta Salad and Pumpkin Seed & Pesto Penne Pasta. It was really delicious and I wish I could have tried the other stuff, too! Afterwards, we had some Apple Galette (try it warm, it's awesome!) and Chocolate Cake for dessert. Yummy!
The food at Ethos is really SUPERB and we loved it (me as well as my colleague, who isn't a vegetarian herself)!
Perhaps even better than the food (if possible...) is the super friendly staff at Ethos', who gave us excellent commendations on what to choose. They are really, really nice and cool guys, running a very (!) friendly and wellcoming restaurant!
I hope I'll have the chance to come by for another time! Sadly, it's a long way from Germany to Orlando, FL...
So, no question: it's 5 cows from me and my colleague!

Pros: friendly staff * delicious food * welcoming place
Cons: * *

Pros: great staff, great food, great place
veganne
veganne

Brunch is the best, especially the pancakes!!

Posted on 05 / 24 / 2009

As I am from England I'm always looking for new vegan places to eat, myself and my family ended up eating here 3 times, twice in the evening and once to the brunch which was the best I have ever had, we had the pancakes, cinnamon rolls, sausage patties, home fries all were excellent taste and quality, I wish we had a place like this in England!!
The staff are always friendly and enthusiastic!

Pros: Staff, Food, Brunch
veghead
veghead

My sanctuary from the cruel world......

Posted on 05 / 24 / 2009

This is my favorite place. Sometimes I just hang out and read on a Saturday or Sunday afternoon. Their pancakes and biscuits are the BEST!! and great Mac N Cheez. Lets not forget Pizza & Beer, Pierogi night, mashed potatoes w/gravy and the monthly VBBQ!! Great bands and veggie barbecue. AND Irish Stew on St. Pattys Day!! What are you waiting for? Get on over there! Have a piece of Apple Spice Rum Cake!

Pros: friendly, informative staff, lakeview
Cons: I don't live close enough
Lisa G
Lisa G

Thrilled with this restaurant

Posted on 05 / 23 / 2009

I have eaten here on many occasions. Black bean burger is really good, but the pecan crusted eggplant is the best. Hoping to duplicate this at home. I thought there was wine in the sauce, too, but was told it's balsamic vinegar. Not sure. Only the hummus appetized was a bit small for a meal, although tasty enough.

Pros: Vegan, good location
marybheine
marybheine

Comfort Vegan Food

Posted on 04 / 22 / 2009

I went here twice this week, as I like to go to different vegan restaurants around the world. Not an easy place to find, as there were missing street signs (I guess all the signs are used at Disneyworld instead). Nice employees who work there, especially Jeff, who would give me good advice about what to order. I could tell he really enjoys his job. I had the appetizer of steamed edamame, but got tired of opening them up. I would dip them in the accompanying soy sauce, but they would sometimes sink to the bottom of the container, and there was no way to dig them back up.
I had the pecan-encrusted eggplant as my entree. Great contrast of creamy mashed potatoes with brown gravy and the crunchy coating.There was some kind of alcohol used in the topping which I didn't like (I don't drink). The accompanying vegetables were heavy on the green pepper and oil. I had 2 cookies to go for later, but I was very disappointed with the taste. A bad oily, aftertaste from it. The second day I had the "dilly Philly" sandwich, as I live in Philadelphia. I found the pan-fried seitan very tasty, but the sandwich itself was very dry, and I ended up just picking out the insides. The accompanying cole slaw was the best thing that day. I had to move to the outside tables, as there was a strong and permeating grease stench coming from the nearby kitchen. Not appetizing, although those 2 window tables close to the kitchen were charming. I ate outside in the covered porch, but was surprised how many hairdressers from the beauty salon next door would walk through the porch area for their hourly smokes. Ick. Good prices on the food, but the credit card slips need to include a place to leave a tip.

Pros: friendly staff, comfort food, reasonable prices
Cons: greasy kitchen odor, hard to find, some things had an off taste

Worry free dining

Posted on 04 / 16 / 2009

Good food, good prices and enjoyable for all ages!

Pros: Vegan, Pretty view, Nice menu
Cons: pasta was a little bland for my taste
Guest

Delicious, 100% vegan ~ Brilliant!

Posted on 04 / 16 / 2009

How exciting and refreshing to be able to order anything off the menu without having to ask questions or give special instructions or worry if any of the food got tainted by a run-in with a non-vegetarian item! Everything I've tried has been scrumptious, and the establishment is also socially conscious, e.g., donating some of the profits to different organizations and hosting special events such as "frecycles." The staff is very friendly, and they're open every day of the week. Try the Sunday brunch (yum -- vegan pancakes!), pecan-encrusted eggplant, and the vegan pizza. I feel so lucky to live in a city with such a wonderful 100% vegan option.

Pros: Vegan pizza, Yummy Sunday brunch, Warm, friendly staff
wedieindisgrace
wedieindisgrace

The review of reviews

Posted on 02 / 26 / 2009

Alright,
Ethos is the type of place when you walk into after your first visit you cannot forget.I've moved around and been to many vegan restaurants,Ethos is a chill place,and what is great is that once you have gone through eating the menu a couple times , they have specials that change that add that spice!I think the location is prime,the staff is AWESOME, and the food is tasty,they even have crazy people like me coming in..who would figure? They have Vegan breakfast on Sundays with patio entertainment ,which even with a hangover is worth checking out!!They feature a few selections of the Orlando brewing companies brew,and many other beverages,just about anything you Order is good so there are no complaints about the food. so conclusion is Get over to Ethos!!!

Pros: vegan, friendly, yummy
nardanddee
nardanddee

Well worth it!!!!

Posted on 02 / 25 / 2009

I travel for work, so needless to say-I LOVE this site! Staying in a hotel about 1/2 mile from this restaurant, I walked to eat a late lunch there. Lesson learned the hard way...they do NOT accept AMEX cards. However, I returned to order the 'what they dilly, philly' with chips and salsa. Superb!!!! The staff is uber friendly (and understanding-lol-I had to walk back to the hotel to get my visa). I chose to sit outside and loved watching the lake while I ate scrumptious food. I will probably even go back for dinner tonight! This restaurant is well worth it!

Pros: great food, nice location, reasonable prices
Cons: don't accept AMEX
Gabi
Gabi

AMAZING!

Posted on 02 / 24 / 2009

I've never been disappointed with Ethos. I live about 45 minutes away, but I go there once or twice a month. They have music and freecycles and tons of fun events every month. The breakfast brunch on Sundays is to die for too. The Philly is one of my favorites, and the outside patio is so nice to sit on and eat, as they are right on Lake Ivanhoe. I would and have recommended this place to anyone, veg or not!

Pros: Friendly staff, DELICIOUS FOOD, Big portions
azzureelove
azzureelove

Nice Place

Posted on 01 / 28 / 2009

This place was very nice, and it was worth the drive. The staff was very nice and helped me pick out a good lunch. I have not been very impressed with the desserts, but overall they have good food.

surfgirl224
surfgirl224

My FAVORITE Vegan restaurant!

Posted on 01 / 15 / 2009

I have been going to Ethos for almost a year now and I absolutely love it! The atmosphere is great and the food is outstanding. My absolute favorite dish to get there is the Pecan encrusted eggplant. I hope it never makes its way off the menu. Every time I have a visitor in town I always take them to Ethos.

Pros: Great Food, Wonderful Atmosphere, Friendly Staff
Cons: A bit pricey
justingross
justingross

Enjoyable Evening

Posted on 01 / 12 / 2009

What a find in Orlando. I was here second weekend of 2009 and I ate here. My friend and I had a delicious dinner. I had the Philly sandwich and my friend had the Sheeps Pie. It was pretty good food. The staff was really friendly and helpful. I always like it when the staff a veg place is friendly. It's so important. You order at the counter and they bring your food to your table. I wish they had a larger menu...that's the only critical thing I can think of. But we were very satisfied with our evening. If you're in Orlando and you want vegan food...even if you don't...Stop by Ethos.

tinyweirdfishes
tinyweirdfishes

amazing every time

Posted on 01 / 08 / 2009

I live in the area and visit Ethos several times a month. Between my boyfriend and I, we've tried nearly everything on the menu (including a lot of the daily specials) and are never disappointed. I often bring people who aren't vegans/vegetarians and everyone I bring can't wait to go back again. The staff is always nice and the atmosphere is very welcoming. My personal favorite dish is "What's the dilly, filly?" on the ciabatta bread. They have an amazing brunch on Sundays, perfect for vegans and non-vegans alike.

Pros: excellent food, large selection, great environment
linjoymae
linjoymae

Delicious and Affordable!

Posted on 01 / 07 / 2009

This is a great little vegan place in downtown Orlando. I have tried several dishes on the menu and have enjoyed everything I have tasted. Portions are filling. The atmosphere is pleasant and the employees are friendly. Parking can be difficult at times, but that is to be expected in the area. I have recommended Ethos to family and friends and will continue to do so.

Pros: Good Food, Affordable Prices, Pleasant Staff
Cons: Parking
marvin2000
marvin2000

Excellent and affordable

Posted on 01 / 05 / 2009

When their twice. Live on the West Coast of the state and happened to be in orlando. Liked everything I tried. My family is not vegan and they loved it to. My daughter old liked the Lasagna. The garlic pizza is very garlicky so that was a matter of taste. Wish they had more locations. Can't wait till my next trip to orlando to go back.
Thanks.

Pros: Excellent Food, Affordable, Friendly staff
brainyblonde
brainyblonde
  • raw

food not so hot

Posted on 01 / 02 / 2009

I'm thrilled to see yet another all vegan restaurant open in Orlando (there are two now with Cafe 118 in Winter Park) but I was let down when I went. First of all when I went (a few weeks after they opened) the ambiance was similar to McDonalds. Hopefully that has changed since then (a little warmth, colors, cute touch to the plain bathrooms and decor- heck even McDonalds- the evil empire- has more color ;)

My tea was good. I do remember that. But my dish which was veggies in a shepard's pie was overcooked and the veggies? I swear they tasted can. My dear friend wasn't too thrilled either and he's a strict vegan (me just veg) I probably won't go again and my other friends who have gone since felt the same...

Pros: at least it's vegan, location, nice workers
Cons: bland so so dishes, ambiance
woofboy111
woofboy111
  • non-vegetarian

I was disappointed...

Posted on 12 / 21 / 2008

I am not Vegan or vegetarian, but I enjoy eating vegan/vegetarian food on occasion. When I read about Ethos in the paper, I decided to give it a try.

I ordered the Udon Asian Odyssey, which was supposed to be Udon noodles with assorted vegetables. Udon noodles are thick, round noodles that look somewhat like fuzzy worms when cooked. What was served were wide, flat noodles that seemed more along the lines of chow fun. I wouldn't have had a problem with the chow fun noodles if I was told that is what I was ordering, but I was expecting some udon. I'm guessing either Ethos was out of the udon and made a substitution without informing the customer, or they are assuming that the average vegan doesn't know much about Japanese noodles. I really don't like it when I order one thing, and get something else. Someone else that I dined here with also had something similar happen in their wrap.

I also found the noodles to be way too salty. I love salty foods, but the amount of salt in here was over the top. Besides from the wrong type of noodles, the pasta seemed like it would have been really good if it wasn't for the salt. Instead, I had to eat some bread and drink lots of water to counter out the overpowering salty taste.

I hope I went to Ethos on a bad night. The restaurant seemed to have potential. If they actually cooked what was described on their menu and didn't dump a whole box of salt into their food, it probably would be pretty good. As far as the menu goes, it was much better than some of the other Orlando Vegan restaurants, so it was kind of disappointing to have problems with the food. I also think the restaurant would be much improved as well if they got rid of the counter service at dinner and had actual servers. I think I'll eventually return to Ethos to give them another try, but after my first experience, it's not a place I have cravings for.

Pictures of my Udon (without udon noodles) Odyssey can be seen here:

Pros: one of the few vegan places in Orlando, nice location
Cons: Extremely Salty, meals are not what's described on menu, overpriced
  • jon jon

actually there are several types of udon noodle, one of which is the flat type that they serve.

vegan sunshine
vegan sunshine

a vegan mans DREAM

Posted on 07 / 12 / 2008

I love this place. i have only been once, but it was great. We ordered pizza and the philly sub; both were delicious. The chocolate chip cookies were good, too.

Pros: 100% vegan!, atmosphere
redheadgo
redheadgo

Excellent!

Posted on 07 / 12 / 2008

Although the location can be a little tricky to find, this vegan restaurant is a gem in the hustle and bussel that is Orlando. I usually stick with my old favorite when traveling to Orlando on business, the Garden Cafe, but wanted to try this place out.

I dined here on a gloomy rainy day and the tomato soup hit the spot, incredibly fresh and fragrant. For the main dish I tried the whole wheat noodles with seitan, a ton of flavor, steaming hot, and large chunks of seitan and veggies galore. Very large portion and I knew I was eating something my body would thank me for. They have several very sensible priced desserts and took a nice vegan chocolate cookie with me.

Overall, will definitely be back the next time my travels bring me to Orlando!

Pros: Portion Size, Healthy, Full of flavor
Cons: Entrees are a little pricey, Area is hard to find
Daytonaveg
Daytonaveg

Ethos rocks!

Posted on 07 / 05 / 2008

I've been to Ethos quite a few times now. It's wonderful! Great tasting vegan food, friendly staff, good atmosphere... it's the best vegetarian/vegan restaurant in all of Central Florida. It's the best. I've had most of the dishes, but my favorite are the pecan encrusted eggplant, the pizza, and the philly sandwich. The portobella one is also great! So many great options to choose from!

Pros: all vegan menu, good atmosphere, friendly staff
Kell Bell
Kell Bell

Fantastic Comfort Food for Vegans!

Posted on 07 / 01 / 2008

I recently ate at Ethos for the first time, and I'm sure it won't be my last. The food is incredibly tasty. Everything tasted like it had been seasoned, marinated, or simmered for hours. The Vegetable Galette was ordered as an appetizer, but watch out - it's enormous and a meal in itself! You'll be amazed at the crust...we could have sworn it was made with butter, but the friendly staff confirmed it was vegan butter. Amazing! The Philly sandwich is seasoned perfectly and very hearty and "meaty". The Sheep's Pie is the perfect medley of mashed potatoes and vegetables, and took up half the table. Bring your appetite - the portions lean towards big. The inside is reminiscent of a cafe - you order at the counter and a waitstaff brings out the food to your table, and local artist's works hang on the walls. Everyone from the patrons to the staff were all very friendly and inviting. Green tea and cookies were enjoyed outside in their outdoor seating area. They have a small selection of cakes and cookies, but I settled on a classic... chocolate chip. Glad I did - they don't get much better than this.

Pros: Great Value, Large Portions, Delicious Food
MichelleD
MichelleD

Excellent

Posted on 06 / 26 / 2008

I would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone! I had the pecan crusted eggplant, which was to die for... and my mother (who is not a vegetarian) had a pizza. Both were beyond expectation.

Their bakery was a real treat! I took some yummy cookies and muffins back to my hotel for later.

I have such a hard time finding nutritious vegan meals when I eat out. For someone who travels frequently this place was certainly appreciated!

Pros: Great food!, Nice atmosphere.
Guest

Excellent for veg, vegan or anyone!!!

Posted on 06 / 08 / 2008

My wife and 2 kids(9,3) joined me on a business trip to Orlando. We hae a strict diet ,glutenfree vegan, and I'm very pleased to say this restaurant was amazing. Hippie wrap is great if you like hummus and eggplant was great also. They had foods my kids liked. Please support these types of restaurants so we can all continue to enjoy healthy options.

Pros: Great Food, Friendly, Atmosphere
Cons: Lacking Glutenfree desert, Quantity of choices
JulBio
JulBio

OH, SO Good!

Posted on 05 / 17 / 2008

I love Ethos! Everything I have tried here is good. Their blueberry pancakes are AMAZING!! My fave is the philly sandwich -- Yum! Ethos has a great outdoor patio overlooking lake Ivanhoe. They also have music and other event such as book signings which are fun and a great excuse to drive down there.

Pros: Awesome Food, Good Prices
chylain
chylain

FINALLY

Posted on 04 / 26 / 2008

JUST WHAT ORLANDO NEEDED. I WAITED TO TRY THIS RESTAURANT DUE TO DISAPPOINMENT OF OTHER VEG RESTAURANTS IN TOWN. AFTER READING OTHER REVIEWS I DECIDED TO TAKE THE PLUNGE. THE ONLY THING I REGRETTED IS THAT I DIDN'T TAKE THE PLUNGE THE DAY THEY OPENED THEIR DOORS. GREAT FOOD, GREAT ATMOSPHERE. GREAT PLACE!

allmusiclover
allmusiclover

Amazing!

Posted on 04 / 04 / 2008

The food at Ethos is absolutely amazing. Its nice to be able to just go up to a counter and order and not have to sift through an ingredient list. The staff was very helpful and friendly! Try the pizza its so good! Great all over experience and atmosphere!

Pros: Excellend food, good value, friendly staff
Cons: Its not in St. Pete!
myra975
myra975

A Breath of Fresh Air

Posted on 03 / 30 / 2008

Excellent tasting healthy food at affordable prices. "Features hearty, home-cooked traditional and intercontinental fare." Atmosphere was really nice with clean eating areas both inside featuring local art and outside with a nice view of Lake Ivanhoe. We ate the "What's the Dilly, Philly" & it was out of this world - the portions were just right. It was really nice just being able to go to a great restaurant & not have to worry about ingredients- 100% Vegan. Ethos is a place we will always frequent when we are in the Orlando area. I love the fact that this place also helps the community & has events to support others - feels like a little family.

Pros: 100% Vegan, Live Music on Fridays, Sunday Brunch
gr8vegan
gr8vegan

Vegan 2.0! Wow this place is awesome!

Posted on 02 / 01 / 2008

The description of this place should be changed. Their menu is NOT limited, but OUTSTANDING. This is a very hip brand new refreshing vegan restaurant with indoor/outdoor seating (w/view). Ethos is simply the blueprint of how a vegan restaurant should be done. I can't imagine how much the owners spent on creating this place. Its heaven. If you are vegan and live in Orlando get yourself over there asap. There were TONS of hip vegans eating here when I went today. (Got stuck in Orlando on a canceled connecting flight) The staff is SUPER NICE / FRIENDLY / HELPFUL / EFFICIENT! Let me get to the food! GO FOR THE PHILLY! However when I saw someone eating a Shepherd's pie and wished I could have tried that, too! I did go overboard and had a cookie & a pastry! Both were fantastic. Anyone contemplating opening a vegan restaurant should check this place out. It'll knock your socks off

Pros: Design, Philly, Cookies
steroidicalkiwi
steroidicalkiwi

very good.

Posted on 01 / 13 / 2008

i enjoyed what i had at this restaurant. i had the what's the dilly, philly? (vegan philly cheesesteak sandwich) and it was to die for. the dessert that i had, the spiced and walnut cake, was good as well. for my first visit to a vegtan restaurant in florida, i was impressed. i met the owner and she seems very nice. when i come to florida again, i plan on coming here to eat at least once.

Pros: tasty food, changing menu, friendly staff
Cons: very busy during dinner hours

Off to a good start!

Posted on 01 / 05 / 2008

I went there a few days after it opened, and I enjoyed it a lot. Everyone was really nice, and the "fungus among us" in the spinach wrap was SOOOO GOOD. I wish them luck.

Dear Owner and Manager of Ethos Vegan Kitchen: