Ethos is one of the highlights of eating in Bangkok, for vegans, vegetarians and meat eaters alike.
Located in a quite, charming alley near the hub of Khao San Rd, it is a scrumptious escape with delicious food, great variety, good value, a lovely atmosphere and free Wifi.
The food is an oral orgasm! We've been there many times on multiple trips, and the highlights definitely are:
- The Vegan Lasagna: made with silky tofu and richly-flavoured vegetables, and served with...
- Garden Salad: sure, it's just lettuce, cucumbers, tomato and cabbage; but what makes this the best salad in Bangkok is the drool-worthy dressing. Ask for extra dressing!!
- The Banana/Coconut Cream Shake: Oh. My. Goodness. This is the most mind-blowing drink on the menu. Simply amazing.
- The Arabic Iced Mint Tea: Cool, refreshing, unique and cheap. What more could you ask for?
- The Chocolate Cake with Vegan Coconut Cream: moist, rich and mouth-watering. Enough said.
- The Apple Crumble served with Coconut Custard: WOW! The crumble is crumbly, the apple is perfect, the coconut custard is creamy and smooth... in a nutshell, this dessert is to die for. In fact, it's worth travelling across Bangkok for, if not the whole of Thailand!
Whether or not you usually eat vegetarian/vegan food, go to Ethos. It's worth it. Your taste buds will be doing a happy dance for the rest of the day!!
P.S. In response to some of the negative comments from the past: the owner of Ethos has since changed and turned the whole place around. It has an amazing menu, is a great place to relax, and offers free internet to boot without the pressure of having to order. If you find the service is slower than you'd like, simply go up to the waiter, manager or any other staff member and tell them what you want! A big smile and friendly attitude will get you everywhere, as with anywhere in Thailand :-)
Excellent Food & Great Value, Fantastic Variety, Free Wifi & Lovely Atmosphere