Vegan organic restaurant located inside the Eternal Abundance market. Offers whole food meals and sweets including soups, grain bowls, fresh juices and smoothies, salads, raw food dishes (most of which are wheat-free), cakes and cookies. Under current ownership since Oct 2010 with an expanded menu and cozy cafe area. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan, Organic, Western, Canadian, Raw, Juice bar, Take-out
1025 Commercial Drive (East Vancouver)
Vancouver, British Columbia V5L 3X1

VeggieVag
VeggieVag

Scrumptious!

Posted on 10 / 20 / 2014

A great little cafe with AMAZING food! Mostly raw and packed with flavour. This place is a real deal vegan gem. Everything is yummy and worth every penny. I always feel so good when I eat here. The staff are very nice and their market is a bonus as well. Definitely try this place. The atmosphere is laid back and comfy.

Pros: beautiful food, easy going , organic hard to find ingredients
Cons: none
KG
KG

Nicely Presented

Posted on 09 / 16 / 2014

A great location tucked away in town. The team does great portions and creates a laid back environment to enjoy the healthy food. I recommend this and if time allows, I would like to sample more.

Pros: Great Location, Massive Servings, Great Food
kenvegan
kenvegan
+2030

Decent Food / Wonderful Looking Desserts!

Posted on 08 / 10 / 2014

I stopped by this small veg store/cafe for lunch. I was very hungry, and although I was able to see their amazing looking desserts in prominently displayed glass cases, their main courses are made fresh to order.

I ordered the nori roll with mango and pumpkin seed pate, fresh mango, carrot, pepper, cucumber and sprouts and the Grain Bowl consisting of Steamed vegetables (carrot, yam, sweet potato, broccoli, zucchini, cabbage, kale) arranged on a bed of quinoa or brown rice, served with miso mushroom sauce and garnished with sesame.

The nori roll was tasty and satisfying. The predominate flavor being the soy sauce, and a satisfying crunch from both the vegetables and the nori sheet.

I felt the grain bowl was very average. The vegetables were fresh, and it was cooked the proper amount of time, but flavor-wise it was quite bland, and I ended up eating only a small portion of this dish.

This is a nice place to hang out with a laptop (free wifi) while enjoying a lunch, a smoothy, and the chocolates/desserts looked amazing!

Pros: Atmosphere, Free Wifi, Great looking desserts

Sooz
Sooz

Great lunch spot!

Posted on 08 / 08 / 2014

Just went there today for lunch. I am a vegetarian (almost vegan now...I'm getting there!) from London, UK. On holiday and relying on Happy Cow for my hunger pains, as usual. Loved this vegan, organic cafe in an interesting part of Vancouver (Commercial Drive). I had the 'Super Salad' and it was one of the best salads I have ever had (and I've had a lot). It was huge, full of kale, beets, carrots, hummus, avocado, brown rice (quinoa was also an option), sprouts with a delicious miso ginger dressing - yum yum! And a delicious freshly squeezed juice too. If I lived here, I'd eat here all the time. Sat outside in the sunshine on my own, but cosy sofas etc inside too. Helpful and friendly staff as well. Recommended!
Updated from previous review on Friday August 08, 2014

JoeVeg
JoeVeg

Simply Amazing!

Posted on 04 / 12 / 2013

This is an excellent cafe & produce market that offers amazing vegan raw food and smoothies. The staff is super awesome and very friendly. One of my favourite Vancouver places to chill and eat amazing food. If you on the drive definitely check it out. I promise you won't be disappointed!

DollyWiggles
DollyWiggles

It's all good

Posted on 07 / 28 / 2012

I've tried almost everything from the raw menu now and love it all! My favorite might be the Zughetti. The crackers and dip are also pretty fantastic. Don't forget to try the raw apple crumble!

I honestly believe whether you eat raw or not you'll love it too. My mom was hesitant to try it and ended up really liking it.

Pros: beautiful presentation, delicious, friendly staff
saveur
saveur

Hit or Miss...

Posted on 03 / 19 / 2012

I liked this resto but not all the meals were fantastic. I had the green soup of the day which was pretty lackluster but cooked and warm. I didn't know the small soup was going to be so big because otherwise I wouldn't have also ordered the mushroom burger. The burger was nice, not the best I've had, but the toppings were abundant and tasty. I liked the sauce. The raw bun was not that flavourful. I sampled my friends' dishes: the cooked mushroom quinoa bowl was pretty lackluster but still filled with veggies. The spicy mexican wrap was not up my alley, either, although I usually don't like nut pates. The raw cheesecake was really good though. I also liked that they had a mini grocery store with lots of fresh, organic produce for reasonable prices.

mcgyver68
mcgyver68

Ditto on the Kale Caesar

Posted on 02 / 06 / 2012

Kim Ward sold me on the Kale salad. Sometimes when a place just focuses on a few things they achieve a certain level of excellence. The kale salad is only about 1/2 kale, the other half is Romaine, which is just a perfect balance. The dressing is also quite good. The salad was topped with probably torula yeast and some raw sunflower seeds. That and a couple refills of Kangen water and I was set for the rest of the day. This is one of those places too, where you can just tell the folks running it are passionate about what thyey do. In that regard it almost reminded me of Gorilla Food from a couple months ago.

Pros: Kale Salad, Made to order, Nice folks
Cons: so-so parking, limited menu
kimward8
kimward8

Amazing Kale Salad

Posted on 11 / 12 / 2011

Their vegan raw kale caesar salad is so good. That's the only thing I've had there, but I would go back just for that.

stawamas
stawamas

Rooted Cafe

Posted on 02 / 09 / 2011

Wonderful, smiling, friendly, courteous staff. Delicious organic vegan menu. Fresh home made soups and chili. Great raw entrees and dessert options. Yummy smoothies.

Pros: Delicious food, Friendly staff, Free parking
Cons: Can be a bit slow if they're busy, Sometimes the soup isn't hot
abrigham
abrigham

awesome food, great atmosphere, really nice folks

Posted on 01 / 21 / 2011

I've been going to this place for a year or two now for both the cafe and the organic produce market (Eternal Abundance is the market). I love this place so have to write a stellar first review to encourage others to go there.

The cafe is the only one on the Drive serving all organic, all vegan fare. On top of this, the staff are working hard to build a community and are becoming like friends to me. They also host a variety of events, including movie nights with conscious/healthy-living topics, monthly reggae nights, guest speakers, etc.

The cafe has a wide assortment of dishes, all of which are wholefoods, most are wheat-free, and some are raw! There are at least two soups, hearty chili, cornbread, a grain bowl with steamed veggies, and buckwheat pancakes. The raw menu includes a fabulous veggie burger, spicy Mexican wrap, falafel, nori rolls, zughetti, an awesome kale caesar salad, chocolate truffles, crackers, carrot cake...it keeps growing! There are also cookies, crumbles, pies, etc., as well as smoothies and fresh juice.

This place is the Drive's best kept organic vegan secret!

Pros: organic, friendly, top-quality
Cons: not many people know about it!
Guest
Guest

Rawkin' Review

Posted on 06 / 08 / 2007

My raw world opened up! I went to Eternal Abundance, an organic grocer with The Truffle Cafe at the back, featuring some wonderful raw dishes. I'd heard of it, but this was my first experience there. Not only was the produce excellent and far, far cheaper than where I've been shopping, but...

...their zucghetti was the most delicious thing I've ever eaten!

Pros: excellent produce, most excellent prices, delicious raw foods

Dear Owner and Manager of Eternal Abundance: