eten vol leven

Serves breakfast, lunch, desserts, juices, fruit smoothies, and nut milk smoothies with a variety of berries and other fruit. Also fresh soups and salads, and a selection of raw food including zucchini pasta, pizza, and cheesecake. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan, Organic, Raw, European, Western, Juice bar, Take-out

First Review by Happy2BeVegan
snares
snares

Yummy Healthy Good Times

5 Posted on 05 / 22 / 2014

So this morning, after many hours on a plane, for the first time I had raw pizza! It was delicious! Buckwheat crust kind of like a cracker, with ricotta cheese made from macadamia nuts, tomato, fresh basil and arugola. Really enjoyed it!

DavidLoos
DavidLoos

• fruititarian

Raw food is the best way !

5 Posted on 05 / 03 / 2014

Nice place with friendly people, not so expensive, nice meals

Pros: Raw, Quality, Atmosphere
Cons: Not enough "in the center of the city"
Dalibor
Dalibor

Great and delicius raw food

5 Posted on 02 / 08 / 2014

Realy great atmosfere and tasty food!
The best vegan restaurant i Antwerpen!

crispy
crispy

VERY DELICIOUS AND A CHARM TO THE EYE !

4 Posted on 10 / 02 / 2013

This is my favourite restaurant at the moment in Antwerp.
Perhaps I should say raw food is new to me, but I like to visit 'organic vegetarian' restaurants. I have eaten here very good spaghetti, made of zucchini with red pesto and also dairy free 'blueberry cheesecake', which I can't resist. :-) Super healthy and very tasteful!
Try also the different types of HOMEMADE nutmilk.
Colourful smoothies, soups..., everything FRESH made.
Very sympathetic and enthusiastic owner who uses the purest organic ingredients and prepares them in a respectful way, and that is what you taste.
The restaurant has also a little and quiet outdoor terrace.
If you ask me, you should try it definitely. Hope you enjoy it as much as I do!

Pros: Everything is tasteful, purest organic ingredients are used, friendly owner

Marlau
Marlau

• non-vegetarian

Very tasty raw food

5 Posted on 08 / 12 / 2013

During our trip to Antwerp, we had our lunch at 'Eten vol leven'. We had a flax seed wrap and a zucchini spaghetti with tomato salsa. As a desert we shared a dairy free, sugar free, gluten free strawberry cheesecake.
Everything was very well made and delicious. The zucchini spaghetti even inspired us to buy a vegetable spiralizer (no regrets!).
All the food is completely raw, and you can taste the care that went into the food and drinks.
You do pay for the quality though, but it's worth it as everything is organic and fresh.

Pros: fresh and organic products, Delicious, Food is made with care
Cons: pricey, waiting time on the long side
MyPinkAndSoftWorld
MyPinkAndSoftWorld

Not friendly - Very expensive

2 Posted on 07 / 14 / 2013

Having found the address on Happy Cow, I was very excited to visit this place in Antwerp. First deception was on arrival: no welcome, no smile, a "dirty" table... Then the food arrived (green soup and gazpacho + wraps) and although the taste of the soups was ok, the portions were tiny and the size of the crackers ridiculous. Prices were very high and absolutely not aligned with the quantity of food!

Pros: Taste
Cons: Unfriendly staff, Cold place, Prices!!!
Fer
Fer

Amazing raw

4 Posted on 04 / 01 / 2013

In a "recyclable wood made" decoration, in this small restaurant the owner cooks your meal in front of you and "on the fly". The ingredients are in shelf at your view. Serves raw food with great taste. Friendly ambience.

Pros: Good taste, Friendly, Speak spanish
Senkenberg
Senkenberg

Pleasant Raw Food

3 Posted on 09 / 12 / 2012

I'd agree with the consensus from previous reviewers. Place was small, clean and pleasant. Service was slow, but food was generally very tasty. I had a nice and good-value vegan pesto, however my partner had the almond hummus which while nice was not much, in volume or conceptually, for the money. The vegan cheesecake was very good. Only eaten at one other raw food restaurant before (in Copenhagen) and this was not as good as that, but I would happily go back. Convenient location just round corner from Charles Borromeo church.

Pros: Vegan, Tasty
Cons: Some items less good value, Slow service
ahuyton
ahuyton

A great place

5 Posted on 04 / 22 / 2012

The food is wonderful, beautifully presented and original. I can highly recommend the evening meal they do (but sadly it is only four times a year, by pre-booking). The owners are very pleasant, the atmosphere is nice, the food smells are great. Can't recommend too highly.

Everything is gluten-free as well.

Pros: Excellent raw food, friendly, glutenfree
Lomedin
Lomedin

The closest to a vegan restaurant in Antwerpen

4 Posted on 02 / 01 / 2012

First of all, this restaurant is not vegan, but ALMOST. Anyway, the closest to a vegan restaurant you can get in Antwerpen, using only some non-vegan ingredients in a few dishes. It is 100% vegetarian though.
Now, this place offers organic raw food. The owners/chefs are experts and have a good history researching the subject around the world, so you will be presented with exquisite meals. The downside is that it's a bit expensive and you probably will not be full unless you spend a little fortune. That said, all the dishes are homemade (including the raw vegan "pizza", recommended), and that requires a lot of work for a raw place, believe me. Anyway, I'd most likely recommend this restaurant over any other in Antwerpen whether you are a vegetarian or a vegan. They also sell seeds and other products for your own use.

Pros: Delicious food, Raw and mostly vegan, Nice owners
Cons: Expensive, Not 100% vegan, Closes at 15.30
  • TomLeenders TomLeenders

Thanks for the review! You're right that we're not a 100% vegan in the sense that we do use some bee-products (honey and pollen) making it 'bee-gan' if you will. We'll make an effort pointing this out more clearly on the menu. For all clarities sake though, unless explicitly mentioned on the menu, all dishes a bee-product free.

Julie26
Julie26

Nice

3 Posted on 01 / 05 / 2012

They have great desserts (I recommend the cheesecake (made with cashew nuts) with a glass of vanilla almond milk). The place is a bit small, but all in all there was a relaxed, nice atmosphere. The guy working there was really friendly. Maybe not the greatest place to have an entire meal, but definitely worth a visit. The only negative is that it's a bit expensive and the portions are a bit small (a small piece of cake costs 6 euros).

Pros: nice atmosphere, delicious cheesecake, friendly staff
Cons: pricey food, small portions
Esther
Esther

Eten vol leven

2 Posted on 12 / 08 / 2011

The desserts are ok.
The portions are tiny.
The salads are disappointing.
Always ask if they used honey.

Pros: Desserts, Central location
Cons: small portions, dull salads, expensive
Happy2BeVegan
Happy2BeVegan

Very Disappointing!

2 Posted on 09 / 18 / 2011

Being avid vegans, we were very excited to visit the first raw vegan restaurant in Belgium. So it was an unexpected disappointment when we found the atmosphere cold and uninviting (stark white walls, nearly inaudible music, unfriendly and tired-looking staff) but the biggest disappointment was the food. First off, I would like to note that the food was tasty and well-prepared, but that is basically the only positive note to our visit. The portions were TINY: we paid €14 each for two cracker-sized raw "pizzas" and a miniature cup-sized side salad, consisting of green lettuce and 2 or 3 pine nuts. If the portions had been twice the size they were, we probably would still have been hungry. On top of it all, the service was extremely slow, even though there was hardly anyone in the restaurant. We left feeling hungry and ripped off, but most of all we were feeling very disappointed that this restaurant re-enforces every bad cliché, non-vegans might have about (raw) vegan food.

Pros: good food
Cons: extremely small portions, very expensive, slow and unfriendly service

Dear Owner and Manager of eten vol leven: