Serves mostly light meals. Try the Ajo Blanco cold soup. Menu in Spanish only. Walking distance north-west from train station Torremolinos. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo
Avenida Joan Miro, 19 (at Loma de los Riscos, Local 6, Málaga)
Torremolinos, Spain
952-052102

Open 12:30-16:30, closed Sun and August.

First Review by gymm
JonJon
JonJon

Practical but expensive for what it is

3 Posted on 10 / 20 / 2013

The place is nice (even if not easy to find - the restaurant is in a pedestrian street between Avenida Joan Miro and Calle Loma de los Riscos). The terrace is very pleasant. The dishes are very well presented and vegetables are well cooked. However, the portions are small for the price paid. I tried the grilled seitan which was not very tasty (avoid it). Finally, it lacks some vegan choices to be really satisfying.

Pros: friendly staff, tasty vegetables
Cons: small portions, few vegan options (not well indicated), only Spanish menu
SallyWardrop
SallyWardrop

Espiga - go and be open minded

5 Posted on 07 / 13 / 2011

Spain is behind the UK with regards to veggie fine dining as you can find here. veggie places tend to be whole food,wiegh your own places similar to that found here 10+years ago ( im not knocking that but dont expect the same refignment of food) Espigna can be a little tricky to find but we got it first attempt. its not set on the street but at a rightangle but well signposted on the street. its next to a hairdressers if that helps. Cafe style, cool and fresh interior - fen shui due to waterfountain and crystals hanging in dead spaces. went as a couple, ordered menu of the day ( 9.50 4courses or 6.50 3 courses) at least three options for each course. I had house salad - large bowl mixed salad including carrots and red cabbage, simple but lovely. rocqufort croquettes ( 5 ) then ordered natural yog. order got mixed up and I got something similar - a formented live milk that is much sharper than natural yog but I thought it was just their variation. was a good experience because i had never had it-learned something new. freshly made fruit/veg juices to your own mix. would recommend would go back should we be there again. waitress very polite and explained my 'new desert' well enough for me to google it later. drinks a bit expensive. art work nice - local artists groups i think so changes regulary.

Pros: menu dia, healthy, light
Cons: hidden a little, cafe style, drinks prices
ingridk
ingridk

More than fantastic

5 Posted on 09 / 12 / 2009

Delicious menu with four courses, I definitely recommend it as probably the best in Spain.
Don,t miss it!!! You will love it

Pros: Excellent food, good value, friendly staff
gr8vegan
gr8vegan

hard to find, nice place, but oily 3 courses

3 Posted on 08 / 16 / 2009

We literally drove around for 30 mins and finally noticed it at the end of a side mall area. Basically when you get to the address look towards the water, south I'm guessing and there is a line of shops not facing the street, but kind of 90 degrees making them hard to spot. We split the menu of the day, because that's all you can order. We tried our best to get it sin aciete, but no luck. We only ate lettuce :( Its a nice place, though.

Cons: hard to find, oily
gymm
gymm

Update April 08

5 Posted on 04 / 19 / 2008

The restaurant has been totally refurbished and is great. The food continues to be unbelievable. I go with a friend and we always order 1 of each item for the first 3 courses if we can then share. Sometimes there are 3 choices and this is a real dilema! One time we were there and noticed someone had come in for a 'take away'. We asked Christina, the waitress about it and she said it was certainly possible. The restaurant is not close but we tried it. We phoned for the menu del dia and ordered. All was ready to collect and it had been packed with the same attention to presentation as if we were dining at the restaurant. It tasted.... well I hope you find out just how good......... It is another option to try. We have even thought of splitting the courses between lunch and dinner one time soon. It opens now on Friday evenings and Saturday too. Around 8 I think.

Pros: always a new idea, taste/presentation, the chef's a genious!
Cons: Sadly it's 1600km from my home!

Dear Owner and Manager of Espiga: